Pfizer launching new drug Suspiciously Similar To Ivermectin

B

Braveheart

It's all about money all of the time....

OP
B

Braveheart

older article, excuse if already posted

J.R.K

It's all about money all of the time....

A great report bzmazu. Looks like smells like and acts like Ivermectin but isn’t. The interesting part will have to be what else is in this new drug that separates it from Ivermectin and are there any things in it that are similar to the gene therapy?
At this point I think that the words ,” the ultimate test of any drug is time”, a phrase that I need to tell myself any time that someone is pushing me to be responsible and get vaccinated.

Grapelander

They want to use offer this under an EUA.
Under section 564 of the Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act (FD&C Act), when the Secretary of HHS declares that an emergency use authorization is appropriate, FDA may authorize unapproved medical products or unapproved uses of approved medical products to be used in an emergency to diagnose, treat, or prevent serious or life-threatening diseases or conditions caused by CBRN threat agents when certain criteria are met, including there are no adequate, approved, and available alternatives.

OP
B

Braveheart

At this point it appears collateral damage is irrelevant, they cannot make money off ivermectin but a tweaked version with side effects that sustain mutagenesis and extends the pandemic money grab. This is good for pharmaceutical businesses.
:darts:

Grapelander

Skipping thru trials. This will probably be the go-to for breakthrough infections this Winter.

Molnupiravir (Wikipedia):

Whistleblower complaint

In May 2020, Rick Bright filed a whistleblower complaint, alleging that the Trump administration ignored his early warnings about the COVID-19 pandemic, pressured him to inappropriately fast-track unproven drugs, and illegally retaliated against him by removing him from his role as head of the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) in April 2020.

Among these complaints, Bright objected to providing new federal funding to Ridgeback Biotherapeutics to further develop EIDD-2801 (Molnupiravir) into a treatment for COVID-19. He argued that although the drug had shown potential against coronaviruses including SARS-CoV-2, it had already received substantial government support. Bright was concerned that similar nucleoside analogue drugs had caused birth defect in animal studies, and he wanted to see more safety data before signing off.

COVID-19 development

In late July 2020, Merck, which had been partnering with Ridgeback Biotherapeutics on developing the drug, announced its intention to move molnupiravir to late stage trials beginning in September 2020. On October 19, 2020, Merck began a one year Stage 2/3 trial that focused on hospitalized patients.

In October 2021, preliminary clinical trial (NCT04575597) results showed that treatment with molnupiravir reduced the risk of hospitalization and death from COVID-19 by about 50% for newly diagnosed, high-risk patients. The drug worked equally well against different SARS-CoV-2 variants, including delta, gamma, and mu. One of Merck's phase III trial boards evaluating efficacy of the drug recommended early discontinuation of the trial as it had met a predetermined endpoint, and placebo administration may no longer be ethical. An FDA monitoring board agreed.

EUA status

In June 2021, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services committed to buy US$1.2 billion worth of molnupiravir (approximately 1.7 million courses) from Merck if it received an emergency use authorization (EUA) or approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

On 1 October 2021, Merck stated that an independent advisory board that had been monitoring the COVID-19 clinical trial recommended that recruitment into the study be stopped early because of convincing evidence of the drug's benefits, reducing the risk of hospitalization or death by 48%. Merck announced plans to seek an EUA from the FDA, and to submit marketing applications to other global drug regulators. The company announced plans to license the drug to generic manufacturers, to accelerate its availability.

J.R.K

A great article @Brave Heart. But it makes no logical sense to go to a new drug that underperforms the old and battle tested one. But it makes perfect business sense.
I have read that there are problems with the Merck antiviral in that it does at times help the virus infect cells, much like ADE. Any thoughts on that being true?

tankasnowgod

they cannot make money off ivermectin
Lol, that's total BS. Someone is making yuuuuuuge amounts of money off Ivermectin. Sales of a product don't shoot up 1200% in under a year without someone making money. Sure, maybe not the $40 Billion they might have made off of the Demonvax, and maybe not Pfizer, but it's almost like you don't remember that Martin Shkreli once hiked up the price of an old, antiparasitic drug released in the 50's by over 50x.

Check out Ivermectin prices-

They should totally be able to make money selling 20 3mg tablets for $29.72. And that's the lowest price. It goes up as high as $150.

The $30-40 price range would seem to be about the same as what they are charging for the demonvax-

So far, governments around the world have been the only purchasers of the COVID-19 vaccines, so the price has been set by government contracts. But different countries are paying different prices. South Africa, for example, reportedly paid $5.25 per dose for the Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine in January, more than twice the price of $2.15 per dose paid by the European Union (EU), according to a report in BMJ. The South African government has announced that it is holding back on administering that vaccine because it may be less effective against the country’s namesake variant.

The EU is also paying less for the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine than the U.S., $14.70 per dose versus $19.50, according to figures reported in BMJ. On the other hand, the U.S. is paying less for the Moderna vaccine (about $15) than the EU (about $18), according to the BMJ piece. The contribution governments have made toward vaccine research is the explanation for the price differences. Moderna is charging the U.S. less for its vaccine because the U.S. government funded research that led to the vaccine’s development. Similarly, the EU supported research that led to the development of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, thus the lower price for that vaccine for the EU.

So if they can make money on the demonvax, they can make money on Ivermectin.

Last edited:
OP
B

Braveheart

A great article @Brave Heart. But it makes no logical sense to go to a new drug that underperforms the old and battle tested one. But it makes perfect business sense.
I have read that there are problems with the Merck antiviral in that it does at times help the virus infect cells, much like ADE. Any thoughts on that being true?
still looking in to it....

J.R.K

Lol, that's total BS. Someone is making yuuuuuuge amounts of money off Ivermectin. Sales of a product don't shoot up 1200% in under a year without someone making money. Sure, maybe not the $40 Billion they might have made off of the Demonvax, and maybe not Pfizer, but it's almost like you don't remember that Martin Shkreli once hiked up the price of an old, antiparasitic drug released in the 50's by over 50x.

They should totally be able to make money selling 20 3mg tablets for $29.72. And that's the lowest price. It goes up as high as $150.

The $30-40 price range would seem to be about the same as what they are charging for the demonvax-

You are correct @tanksasnowgod what I should have said is you cannot make as much money on off patent drugs, because it is now open market for everyone to compete for a piece of the pie.

You are correct @tanksasnowgod what I should have said is you cannot make as much money on off patent drugs, because it is now open market for everyone to compete for a piece of the pie. But I have to look at the perspective of those that are in the pharmaceutical industry.
India’s kit that they used to treat the people that were COVID positive cost all of $2.65. When you compare that to the cost of one treatment of Remdesivir at $3100.00. I can see their point when they say there is no money in Ivermectin.

tankasnowgod

India’s kit that they used to treat the people that were COVID positive cost all of $2.65. When you compare that to the cost of one treatment of Remdesivir at $3100.00. I can see their point when they say there is no money in Ivermectin.

Well, you still have to have buyers. And a lot fewer people can afford (or will opt) for the $3100 if there is a $30-150 equivalent.

Giliad appears to be the only ones who make and produce Remdesivir, and their profits are only up modestly-

India's kit may be less than 3 bucks, but if they are selling the same dose in the US at $30, $60, or $150, there is still quite a bit of money to be made, especially with Ivermectin sales exploding-

I don't know who said they "can't make money" on Ivermectin, but whoever said that was either lying or is so incompetent business wise, they don't know how to profit off of one of the hottest products in 2021.

Ivermectin has a similar price point to the demonvax in the US, and Pfizer is raking in billions with that thing (although they basically sold it in massive bulk to the Federal Government, and other governments around the world). I'm sure several drug companies are quietly raking in Ivermectin profits, and are happy to have the attention directed elsewhere.

J.R.K

Well, you still have to have buyers. And a lot fewer people can afford (or will opt) for the $3100 if there is a $30-150 equivalent.

Giliad appears to be the only ones who make and produce Remdesivir, and their profits are only up modestly-

India's kit may be less than 3 bucks, but if they are selling the same dose in the US at $30, $60, or $150, there is still quite a bit of money to be made, especially with Ivermectin sales exploding-

I don't know who said they "can't make money" on Ivermectin, but whoever said that was either lying or is so incompetent business wise, they don't know how to profit off of one of the hottest products in 2021.

Ivermectin has a similar price point to the demonvax in the US, and Pfizer is raking in billions with that thing (although they basically sold it in massive bulk to the Federal Government, and other governments around the world). I'm sure several drug companies are quietly raking in Ivermectin profits, and are happy to have the attention directed elsewhere.
I can certainly agree on the small margin for higher or in this case vast volume profit margins. As well the fact the pharmaceutical companies have no liability is a healthy boost for profits as well.
It does bring into question though why Merck who makes Ivermectin would snub it in favour of Molnupravir. Perhaps just to get a leg up on Pfizer with their new antiviral med.
That being said though I think that even though it has been around for years and has a proven track record with side effects known. I would be hesitant to use it daily as a prophylactic. Opting rather for focusing on Vitamin C, D and keeping zinc, glycine, and flavonoid levels optimal. Ivermectin would be a test positive fallback option. IMO.

tankasnowgod

It does bring into question though why Merck who makes Ivermectin would snub it in favour of Molnupravir. Perhaps just to get a leg up on Pfizer with their new antiviral med.
It reminds me of the "Pabst Blue Ribbon" marketing strategy-

The most interesting theory is that P.B.R.'s fan base grew not despite the lack of marketing support, but because of it. The beer industry as a whole spends about $1 billion a year to pitch its product. Most of this advertising, through huge TV campaigns and relentless logo-slathering, is devoted to image-building (not surprising, since Consumer Reports concluded a few years ago that even devoted fans of the megasellers Budweiser and Miller Genuine Draft could rarely tell them apart by taste). Long-neglected P.B.R. had no image. It was just there.

But a sales rep in Portland had noticed that ''these alternative people'' were ''starting to get into the brand,'' Stewart, now a baby-faced 29-year-old with blond-streaked hair and a snowboard on his office wall, told me. The rep, Stewart said, ''was as strait-laced as could be. He wasn't someone who really understood the culture.'' Pabst was still not targeting these drinkers. ''It was just a group of people who embraced the brand.''

So Stewart went to Portland, visiting bars like the Lutz Tavern near Reed College and the Ash Street Saloon, a bike-messenger hangout downtown. He learned that the kind of people who had ''embraced the brand'' were also the kind of people who detest marketing. But this was not necessarily bad news. He would walk in -- wearing street clothes, never a Pabst logo -- tell the bartender who he was and ''really just sit there,'' he said. ''The word would leak out -- 'Hey, the Pabst guy is here.''' He carried a bag of P.B.R. keychains and T-shirts. Stewart had once been a cog in the gigantic Anheuser-Busch marketing machine in St. Louis and had firsthand experience with barging up to drinkers and foisting trinkets on them. For the Pabst Guy in Portland, that wasn't necessary. ''I was mobbed,'' he says.

Ivermectin is basically the same thing that PBR was to hipsters....... the big pharma drug for people that hate big pharma. If Merck was smart enough to realize this, they might realize that snubbing it in favor of a newer drug actually works in favor of BOTH drugs. The people in the Ivermectin Mafia like it even more, cause it's getting hated on by the same company that makes it. All while trying to pave the way for (potentially) more profitable new drugs. It's a deceptively brilliant strategy, whether done on purpose or by accident.

P

Peatness

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals