Pet peeve: People that stand to "make way"

akgrrrl

Yes thanks for your clarification, and the reference info. I had no idea that was British migrating to here.
We also have a knockoff here where the owner was called out on craigslist for pilfering the theme and exact menu of another restaurant, but only 20somethings eat there. The over 40 crowds could care less about their canola oil deepfried menu.

JanW55

Forum Supporter
Those copycat cruds so tick me off; one particular example comes to mind, that just goes to show how devolved everything has gotten: a unique original around here that was an absolutely fabulous breakfast/brunch place, all natural, a neighborhood place right there in the midst of old bungalows, which had gone on for years like that, well eventually, the owner wrote a popular cookbook, went on a book tour, franchised the one small place into a "truck food serviced" chain (I mean the type serviced by "food service" big rigs bearing microwave-ready tasteless fodder full of PUFAs and who knows what else, and I'm not meaning the popular term these days for small trucks that move from one site to another and serve out of their side window, if you know what I mean). One particular big-rig fleet of restaurant-supply food that we see around here has chefs painted all over the sides of it, and the restaurants that get those supplies have absolutely inedible food in my opinion.

Anyhow, NOW the breakfast chain is immensely popular with out-of-town tourists who think it's the original place from back in the day, and swarm in there to eat this swill. It is a disgrace. How they can think, seeing these new ones all over the place, that those equate to being that ONE original place, is beyond me.

It's a mixed blessing that restaurants are opening back up around here, yet I can't eat much of anything at most of them (but wish I could support the staff during this economic mess, so encourage them to get the cooks to use olive oil, not canola, in gluten-free dishes so I can order something at least).

On the topic that @Energizer had originally so eloquently mentioned above, which I was commenting on earlier, seems like it's getting toward time to get ready to go out tomorrow and do the grocery shopping again, masked up and not-card-bearing as "vaxxed."

But I think it will be OK and feel sure that putting forth the positive vibes will help.

BearWithMe

I'm probably also coming across people who do this, but I'm not paying any attention to it because I just don't give a heck about what other people are doing.

Why it bothers you so much?

OP
Energizer

Energizer

I'm probably also coming across people who do this, but I'm not paying any attention to it because I just don't give a heck about what other people are doing.

Why it bothers you so much?
I don't know. I shouldn't let it bother me. I guess it just reminds me of the cowardly and stupid majority that allowed the lock downs and other restrictions to continue as long as they have. I wonder about other countries. It seems like Russians didn't have the same hysterical reaction to Corona as in much of the US. The Mexican government also seems to have had a very laidback approach to these restrictions. Though I suppose the adage applies "the grass always looks greener on the other side." Overall things here seem to be heading toward a semblance of normality, but it seems like the "calm before the storm". If I had the means, it would be interesting to see how life is for people in 2021, perhaps moving somewhere other than the US, but travel is now pretty much impossible.

Last edited:

BearWithMe

I don't know. I shouldn't let it bother me. I guess it just reminds me of the cowardly and stupid majority that allowed the lock downs and other restrictions to continue as long as they have. I wonder about other countries. It seems like Russians didn't have the same hysterical reaction to Corona as in much of the US. The Mexican government also seems to have had a very laidback approach to these restrictions. Though I suppose the adage applies "the grass always looks greener on the other side." Overall things here seem to be heading toward a semblance of normality, but it seems like the "calm before the storm". If I had the means, it would be interesting to see how life is for people in 2021, perhaps moving somewhere other than the US, but travel is now pretty much impossible.
Well in this case, grass might be actually greener on some other sides.

But on the other hand, many countries have it much worse, like Australia or large part of Europe.

Majority of people is stupid and cowardly. It will always be like that. Accept it and don't let it ruin your life happiness.

OP
Energizer

Energizer

Well in this case, grass might be actually greener on some other sides.

But on the other hand, many countries have it much worse, like Australia or large part of Europe.

Majority of people is stupid and cowardly. It will always be like that. Accept it and don't let it ruin your life happiness.
Good points. I will try not to let it bother me.

jnklheimer

If it was just grocery carts, we prob wouldnt be worried. I know that I make thousands of judgements every day, and my sustained survival over many bookworthy situations has confirmed the right of my brain to do so. And yet, judging other humans for their path is scorned. We are all equal in "someones" eyes. Supposedly.

I’ve heard my dad criticize almost everyone around him for my whole life yet he is one of the unhappiest and unhealthy people I’ve ever known. There’s a difference between perceiving what others do and understanding why it would or wouldn’t help you, vs. “Judging” them on a condescending basis that serves nothing more really than as an emotional exercise in pettiness.

akgrrrl

I’ve heard my dad criticize almost everyone around him for my whole life yet he is one of the unhappiest and unhealthy people I’ve ever known. There’s a difference between perceiving what others do and understanding why it would or wouldn’t help you, vs. “Judging” them on a condescending basis that serves nothing more really than as an emotional exercise in pettiness.
Good point, and well learned by listening to someone close to you. I know we all judge by what we think we see, as in a grossly obese person---that is unescapable. I am interested in how we perceive, since I have been a target for things as an intricate long con, where I was not aware until catastrophe precipitated knowingness.

DMF

How 'bout those who don't make way - on escalators. You/I don't like to just stand but continue stepping up/down because we hurry but they don't.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals