Perspectives On The Pandemic | Dr. John Ioannidis Update: 4.17.20 | Episode 4

Giraffe

Even the preprint servers censor. From a short interview with John Ioannidis:

VP: We now enter the third year of the pandemic, and there are a few policy questions that remain. It appears that the vaccine, while still retaining benefits against severe disease and hospitalization, has proven that it is unable to suppress milder infections. It seems unable to halt transmission. Do you share this assessment? Did you find it surprising? Or could it have been predicted with what we know about coronavirus?

JPAI: The mechanism of action of SARS-CoV-2 vaccines suggested upfront that they would probably not be very effective to halt transmission. The rapid development of vaccines that were apparently very effective for decreasing the risk of serious disease was an amazing success and it could have been a wonderful opportunity to showcase the power of science and to build more trust in public health that had suffered over the years from attacks from the anti-vax movement.

Unfortunately, this opportunity was lost, to a large extent by trying to push an inflated narrative that COVID-19 vaccines are perfect, the ideal silver bullet to put an end to epidemic waves, and having no side effects at all.

In December 2020 I wrote a paper where, based on mathematical modeling, I showed that once people started to increase their exposures again, vaccines with modest effectiveness in halting transmission would probably even lose all of their effectiveness for this outcome. medRxiv declined to post my paper as a preprint claiming it was dealing with a sensitive public health issue. arXiv also declined to post my paper as a preprint, the message I received was stunning: “Our moderators have determined that your submission is not of sufficient interest for inclusion within arXiv. The moderators have rejected your submission after examination, having determined that your article does not contain sufficient original or substantive scholarly research.”

I sent an appeal and the reply was even more stunning: arXiv, a preprint server, offered to post my paper as a preprint only AFTER it had been published by a conventional peer-reviewed journal! I submitted the paper to SSRN and then it got published in npj Vaccines, the vaccines journal of Nature, several months later.

By that time many public health authorities in many countries had fallen headlong in the trap of believing that people who get vaccinated will not transmit and vaccines all alone were enough to halt the epidemic waves. The consequences were grave. In most developed countries, despite vaccination in 2021, excess deaths were higher in 2021 than in 2020.

Z

Zsazsa

Even the preprint servers censor. From a short interview with John Ioannidis:

From the comments section:

"Why is this fallacy part of this discussion? “The vaccines prevent Severe disease and hospitalisation”. This is blatantly incorrect. 94% of people with covid in hospital are triple vaxxed in the UK. In the UK the pandemic is a pandemic of the vaxxes. Excess mortality elevated in the past four months in the UK. Safe and effective? Prevents severe disease and hospitalisation? Please show us the data."

Perhaps this is precisely the only reason that got him published in Nature...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals