Personal Assessment

OP
J

Jsaute21

Far from a finished product, but do want to update feeling much much better today on lower fat. Not crazy low, but will probably come out to 70 or so grams for the day. (6'1 207 lbs and very active.) I know it has been mentioned before by @tca300 @tyler and other intelligent folks, but Fairlife reduced fat milk is phenomenal. The added protein provides great benefit from a satiety standpoint. A couple of other potentially helpful notes:

• @haidut tocovit might be my favorite supplement. Its incredibly potent and androgenic.
  • Today i was thinking about how incredibly productive i was when i took Concerta. I Had a very high pulse, was sociable, smart, athletic performance was phenomenal etc. Now i realize that this "performance" was mostly created from stress hormones. Therefore, i thought about how dopaminergic coffee truly is/can be. @Philomath brought up a phenomenal point that the only trouble with caffeine is that it is not time release. Therefore, i had a ***t load of coffee this morning. I had one after a big breakfast, felt great than my pulse started to drop. So i decided to have another. I felt phenomenal all morning. Carried me through to lunch with an elevated pulse.
  • Finally sunny here in Chicago, which may be part of the reason thyroid/metabolism is performing better.
  • Had first solid bowel movement in 2 days, which is a game changer.
  • Feel so much better not on T3.

T

tca300

6'1 200+ lbs and highly active on slightly more than 100 grams of protein could be the root of your issues. 150+ grams or so would be better for someone your size/ activity level, from my experience.

HLP

upload_2017-4-8_13-11-24.png
upload_2017-4-8_13-12-28.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-8_13-11-6.png
    upload_2017-4-8_13-11-6.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 3

HLP

Oooops this is my first time using the Chronometer. I've have gained enough weight since last October with "Peating" and wish to start to lose slowly. This is an example of how I am planning to get to my goal. Any suggestions for improvement?

OP
J

Jsaute21

@tca300 @Sucrates as two guys who both consume a lot of liquid - i wanted to get your take on bowel movements on coffee, mexican coke, OJ & Milk. I feel great on all of these drinks and feel good during my work day since lowering fat and adding sugar. Only moderate concern is moderate constipation with the high liquid diet.

I assume @tca300 the body still may be slightly acclamating to sugars. I still eat starches moderately (white rice/potatoes) but dont really mess with anything else.

T

tca300

Raw carrots, cooked mushrooms, bamboo shoots, thyroid, coffee, and psyllium husk have helped me go #2 ( lol not all at once though )

OP
J

Jsaute21

Raw carrots, cooked mushrooms, bamboo shoots, thyroid, coffee, and psyllium husk have helped me go #2 ( lol not all at once though )
haha yeah not looking for that dramatic of a 180. I ordered some quality cascara i am going to start taking. Coffee usually helps but i have been drinking mine with a lot of lowfat milk. I feel better after i drink it, just don't have as loose of stools.

tankasnowgod

@tca300 @Sucrates as two guys who both consume a lot of liquid - i wanted to get your take on bowel movements on coffee, mexican coke, OJ & Milk. I feel great on all of these drinks and feel good during my work day since lowering fat and adding sugar. Only moderate concern is moderate constipation with the high liquid diet.

I assume @tca300 the body still may be slightly acclamating to sugars. I still eat starches moderately (white rice/potatoes) but dont really mess with anything else.

I think the bolded part is more a function of added calcium, rather than the extra liquid. I think adding calcium to the diet is a good idea, but it should be done slowly. I tried the all milk diet for a week, and the results were NOT GOOD. Magnesium has the opposite effect.

Also, I just mentioned in another post how infrared light seems to be beneficial for preventing constipation, although that is totally based on my experience.

Sucrates

Not a problem I've ever really had, or one I'd associate from higher fluid. That said I do take 200-400mg mag chloride later in the day. I don't drink OJ as store bought ruins my GI system and I can't be bothered squeezing it myself. There are huge benefits to citrus obviously. I'm more inclined to marmalade. I think a lot of the benefits of citrus are also had from coffee too. OJ or milk might be triggering the problem in some contexts.

OP
J

Jsaute21

Question/Update of sorts. How long does pulse typically take to come up? Some more insights/specifics into my case are below:
  • Overall feel a lot better since i have found Peat. Cognitively, mood, energy levels and outlook all have improved.
  • As someone who has been an athlete since i was 6. Can pulse be modified, and is it a true representation of a healthy being? Meanining if my temperature is solid, liver glycogen storage was good, etc but pulse was still somewhat low, would that be ok? Im asking because as @tyler and others have said it seems to be the last marker to come up.
  • Liver glycogen storage is my # 1 focus as of now. My meal schedule on a normal day where i dont work out is at least 2500 calories with 350 g of sugar and 150 g of protein. Trying to keep it around 50-60 g fat.
  • Have a lot of supplements in my arsenal but that can be overwhelming. Supplements i take typically every day are topical Retinil, healthnatura vit D, 100-200 MG of Preg typically, 1-5 MG of andro as of last week, aspirin. Supplements i take often but not as frequently are niacinamide, energin, k2, cascara.
  • How long does liver glycogen storage typically take to come up?

Sucrates

Question/Update of sorts. How long does pulse typically take to come up? Some more insights/specifics into my case are below:
  • Overall feel a lot better since i have found Peat. Cognitively, mood, energy levels and outlook all have improved.
  • As someone who has been an athlete since i was 6. Can pulse be modified, and is it a true representation of a healthy being? Meanining if my temperature is solid, liver glycogen storage was good, etc but pulse was still somewhat low, would that be ok? Im asking because as @tyler and others have said it seems to be the last marker to come up.
  • Liver glycogen storage is my # 1 focus as of now. My meal schedule on a normal day where i dont work out is at least 2500 calories with 350 g of sugar and 150 g of protein. Trying to keep it around 50-60 g fat.
  • Have a lot of supplements in my arsenal but that can be overwhelming. Supplements i take typically every day are topical Retinil, healthnatura vit D, 100-200 MG of Preg typically, 1-5 MG of andro as of last week, aspirin. Supplements i take often but not as frequently are niacinamide, energin, k2, cascara.
  • How long does liver glycogen storage typically take to come up?

When I fixed my gut issues and started eating/absorbing enough calories it took a few months for my pulse and appetite to rise, probably a combo of serotonin and cortisol. Some people report much faster changes. I wasn't tracking temp iirc.

Exercise is probably going to have some effect on lowering pulse, dependent on freq, intensity, duration cals, sleep, and ability to recover. It should come up after food.

Consider preg and aspirin might be better in lower doses in some contexts.

There are some interesting threads on liver glycogen and related function on the forum regarding caffeine (+B1), taurine, and famotidine. I think the first two would take at least a week, symptomatically famotidine can work immediately, not sure if that effect is sustained however.

EIRE24

When I fixed my gut issues and started eating/absorbing enough calories it took a few months for my pulse and appetite to rise, probably a combo of serotonin and cortisol. Some people report much faster changes. I wasn't tracking temp iirc.

Exercise is probably going to have some effect on lowering pulse, dependent on freq, intensity, duration cals, sleep, and ability to recover. It should come up after food.

There are some interesting threads on liver glycogen and related function on the forum regarding caffeine (+B1), taurine, and famotidine. I think the first two would take at least a week, symptomatically famotidine can work immediately, not sure if that effect is sustained however.
How did you fix your gut problems? Did you ever have problems with acne?

Sucrates

How did you fix your gut problems? Did you ever have problems with acne?
I ate a more easily digestible diet. For about 9mo I ate white rice, chicken, coconut oil and grape juice. I had a mild further improvement after that from tetra abx and cyproheptadine. Never had acne.

DaveFoster

If you pursue good thyroid function, your liver will do fine. Progesterone and thyroid, or caffeine can do either. Pregnenolone and caffeine, along with aspirin as mentioned will transform the liver in about a week.

Some things can be accomplished very quickly; only degenerative states take months to reverse.

Dr. Peat has said vitamin E and salt are the safest supplements. I've never had a bad reaction to either, but vitamin E is safer than salt, as salt can drop your adrenaline and you need adequate carbohydrate, else you'll get nauseous due to lower blood sugar.

EIRE24

I ate a more easily digestible diet. For about 9mo I ate white rice, chicken, coconut oil and grape juice. I had a mild further improvement after that from tetra abx and cyproheptadine. Never had acne.
Sounds good, how long did you do the tetra for?

schultz

lol

If I eat mushroom soup daily I go #2 like 3 times per day.

OP
J

Jsaute21

Thanks @Sucrates. I definitely feel better most days but my pulse is somewhat stubborn which i figure may be due to my athletic background. I have been trying to consume a lot of salt. Do you drink coffee quite a bit in the morning?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals