Personal Anecdotal Evidence Re: Coffee Consumption And Height

YourUniverse

Indeed, my mom forbade it like it was crack.

Didn't touch the stuff until I was 23 and quit at 26 because I couldn't handle the stress from drinking it on a empty stomach with melted butter.

I'm 1.94m.
How much dairy is custom for people of the netherlands to consume? How much protein in general? I have the misconception that you are a tall people.

How much dairy is custom for people of the netherlands to consume? How much protein in general? I have the misconception that you are a tall people.

We are; this is no misconception.

My father is from the north and grew up on a farm. Outside of the cities, my generation had some form of dairy with every meal. In addition to the three standard meals, my two brothers and I had milk with cereal for morning snack, cookies or cake (sometimes with butter) with apple/orange juice for afternoon snack, and yogurt with fruit for night snack. My brothers are 1.92 and 1.93m.

Between all that eating I managed to play 2-3 hours per day outside.

Lol, just on time. I was about to eviscerate your post Ben Shapiro style.

Here is my watered down version:
- There exists no process by which muscle transforms into fat.
- High protein studies do not show significant increases in fat storage. Protein is the least likely macro to cause fat gain.
- Protein may "age" you if methionine isn't balanced with glycine.
- Seniors are considered an at risk group for protein deficiency.

gaze

Lol, just on time. I was about to eviscerate your post Ben Shapiro style.

Here is my watered down version:
- There exists no process by which muscle transforms into fat.
- High protein studies do not show significant increases in fat storage. Protein is the least likely macro to cause fat gain.
- Protein may "age" you if methionine isn't balanced with glycine.
- Seniors are considered an at risk group for protein deficiency.

Hahahaha yea, I knew it was going bring un wanted debate. I don’t think protein is an issue, and I deleted it cause I know there isn’t a direct “muscle to fat conversion” but I do think there is some form of muscle to fat creation, through high tissue breakdown once the person stops lifting, which can lead to high levels the inflammatory amino acids in the blood, although like you said can be balanced by glycine. I just think having too much muscle into old age is a burden, although too little muscle is a burden in its own right (and more common).

Hahahaha yea, I knew it was going bring un wanted debate. I don’t think protein is an issue, and I deleted it cause I know there isn’t a direct “muscle to fat conversion” but I do think there is some form of muscle to fat creation, through high tissue breakdown once the person stops lifting, which can lead to high levels the inflammatory amino acids in the blood, although like you said can be balanced by glycine. I just think having too much muscle into old age is a burden, although too little muscle is a burden in its own right (and more common).

Just remember that we lose muscle (and other tissue) increasingly as we age. Build while you can.

Vinny

You made me think...
Drank some coffee in my teens, plus the atmosphere at home and at school was terrible and that's probably why ended up 1.70m

GreekDemiGod

We are; this is no misconception.

My father is from the north and grew up on a farm. Outside of the cities, my generation had some form of dairy with every meal. In addition to the three standard meals, my two brothers and I had milk with cereal for morning snack, cookies or cake (sometimes with butter) with apple/orange juice for afternoon snack, and yogurt with fruit for night snack. My brothers are 1.92 and 1.93m.

Between all that eating I managed to play 2-3 hours per day outside.
Based Netherlands eating culture.

Experienced

damn this is so relatable and my height is also near 1.74CM I also think that I might started on a early age if you check my joined status you`ll see near 2016 2017 I started drinking it heavily when joining raypeatforum.

and definitely it can stunt growth the adrenaline we`re talking about is the same symptoms I was getting I`m probably cold turkeying for a while and see if I`ll see any changes

Nikola tesla was also not a coffee drinker.

Experienced

upload_2020-9-15_12-40-59.png

MatheusPN

Coffee, his possible adrenalin effect is totally unconnected to my height, since when I was younger, 4-13 I tolerated coffee extremely well, could drink at least 2 mugs quickly then more, with tranquility.
If coffee really can stunt/ check growth, then I assume it would be through elevation of T3.

SonOfEurope

Anecdotally I began drinking coffee around 15/16 as well when I was around 168cm (5'6).

This was after the early teen growth spurt already. I kept growing slowly until settling at 173cm (5'8) probably around 20 or 21.

I thought I had stopped...

Still felt a bit on the short side since nowadays you are walking by a highschool and you get towered over by these 6'5 14 years olds (it's absurd) but I didn't cry about it either. I was relatively lean and with decent mass around 65kg (143lb)

In 2017 already at 25 years old I began 26mg daily progesterone and a year later a small amount of DHEA - I wasn't even thinking about height or mass all I wanted was to recover psychologically from ssri misuse and come off benzos (accomplished ) - to help myself I started working out again, I adopted the basic foundations of Peat's ideas, thyroid, sunlight, aspirin with k2, good circadian rhythm, etc.

A year ago, at 27 I had a check up with the "Doc" just for some bloodwork and basic checkup, my mom and acquaintances had been telling me they noticed me quite a bit bigger so... Well It turned out I had gained 2 inches or 5.5cm and was a bulky 183lbs...

I couldn't believe it I asked to be measure again until there was no doubt, it must have been some leftover growth potential I still had, everything got bigger in me... 2.2 inches in height, wider back and shoulders, bigger neck, hands and fingers and even slightly feet.

Currently I am 178 cm (5'10.25) and while cutting BF % from 15% to 11% at 79kg (175lb).

When I wear my safety boots and take the subway I'm taller than the majority of men.

1.74 isn't really short, it is perfectly within the normal healthy range for an adult male, in fact 174cm is closer to optimal health than 198cm... You also have to know how to measure yourself properly, by a doctor, without shoes and not in the morning but later when your spinal cord disks aren't so stretched.

If you are 175cm and you walk by a man who is 180cm, you will actually make him out to be taller than he really is in your mind because you measure your height at eye level - but your real height Is the top of your head... Yet you are comparing your eye level height to his top of the head height, So you think the dude has 15cm on you when in reality it's an insignificant difference of 5cm, good to always keep that in mind.

I'm still truly dwarfed by those 6'6 freaks you see once in a while though hehehe, but they tend to be thin and only rarely have I seen true giants of around 2 meters (6'7) who are at the same time bulky - quite intimidating.

Last edited:
T

TheBeard

Anecdotally I began drinking coffee around 15/16 as well when I was around 168cm (5'6).

This was after the early teen growth spurt already. I kept growing slowly until settling at 173cm (5'8) probably around 20 or 21.

I thought I had stopped...

Still felt a bit on the short side since nowadays you are walking by a highschool and you get towered over by these 6'5 14 years olds (it's absurd) but I didn't cry about it either. I was relatively lean and with decent mass around 65kg (143lb)

In 2017 already at 25 years old I began 26mg daily progesterone and a year later a small amount of DHEA - I wasn't even thinking about height or mass all I wanted was to recover psychologically from ssri misuse and come off benzos (accomplished ) - to help myself I started working out again, I adopted the basic foundations of Peat's ideas, thyroid, sunlight, aspirin with k2, good circadian rhythm, etc.

A year ago, at 27 I had a check up with the "Doc" just for some bloodwork and basic checkup, my mom and acquaintances had been telling me they noticed me quite a bit bigger so... Well It turned out I had gained 2 inches or 5.5cm and was a bulky 183lbs...

I couldn't believe it I asked to be measure again until there was no doubt, it must have been some leftover growth potential I still had, everything got bigger in me... 2.2 inches in height, wider back and shoulders, bigger neck, hands and fingers and even slightly feet.

Currently I am 178 cm (5'10.25) and while cutting BF % from 15% to 11% at 79kg (175lb).

When I wear my safety boots and take the subway I'm taller than the majority of men.

1.74 isn't really short, it is perfectly within the normal healthy range for an adult male, in fact 174cm is closer to optimal health than 198cm... You also have to know how to measure yourself properly, by a doctor, without shoes and not in the morning but later when your spinal cord disks aren't so stretched.

If you are 175cm and you walk by a man who is 180cm, you will actually make him out to be taller than he really is in your mind because you measure your height at eye level - but your real height Is the top of your head... Yet you are comparing your eye level height to his top of the head height, So you think the dude has 15cm on you when in reality it's an insignificant difference of 5cm, good to always keep that in mind.

I'm still truly dwarfed by those 6'6 freaks you see once in a while though hehehe, but they tend to be thin and only rarely have I seen true giants of around 2 meters (6'7) who are at the same time bulky - quite intimidating.

You keep derailing every single topic back to progesterone.
That thread was about coffee.

rr1

You keep derailing every single topic back to progesterone.
That thread was about coffee.
I don't understand your point. He said he started drinking coffee early and implied it may have stunted his growth, which after taking progesterone allowed him to have some catch up growth. If he left the whole progesterone part out then it would be highly misleading.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals