Permanently Fixing Hypothyroid Through Short Term T3

I've been reading Dr. Denis Wilson's book. His goal is to get subclinically hypothyroid people (the ones that meet the definition by virtue of low temperature, NOT TSH) to be normal metabolism without needing to take any thyroid.

His system is to use T3 in short cycles. One to three cycles are all that are required. Each cycle attempts to get temps to 98.6F. and keep HR 100 or lower.

The idea is that the body gets rid of rT3 and T4 this way, and exogenous T3 replaces it and gets the body used to the higher metabolism. Just like the Steve Richfield resets, in a way.

Once the body is maintaining that temperature for a few days, it's said to be "captured" and withdrawing T3 will get the body into pumping out its own and maintaining the higher temperature.

He does not make the distinction between waking temperatures and during the day. The average of 98.6 over the full day is what he is looking for.

He has had success with sustained release T3. I'm having difficulty following the protocol because I don't have any sustained release T3, and at night my T3 has fallen a by morning, and I'm not warm enough.

OP
ecstatichamster
I'm not seeing this possible without the sustained release T3 though and you can't get that easily without a prescription.

OP
ecstatichamster

Dobbler

I dont think you can make any progress in "few days" . Several months or possibly years is what it takes . I made small progress with 150 x 25 mcg T3 cycle, 50 mcg per day, ive just started my second round and i hopefully can get new batch of T3 about every 60 days or else i have to take a break again.

OP
ecstatichamster
I dont think you can make any progress in "few days" . Several months or possibly years is what it takes . I made small progress with 150 x 25 mcg T3 cycle, 50 mcg per day, ive just started my second round and i hopefully can get new batch of T3 about every 60 days or else i have to take a break again.

Dr. Wilson’s protocol is designed to be short and to reset your thyroid. It’s not the typical protocol.

OP
ecstatichamster
Well I bought my copy from Amazon and it's a hard copy. Sorry I can't help, I wish I could.

Bushido1

Well I bought my copy from Amazon and it's a hard copy. Sorry I can't help, I wish I could.

No worries. Thanks anyways.

After going through his videos and things I genuinely believe that this is the best method to raise body temperature and consequently cure most of illnesses and symptoms we have. And I have tried a lot of things.

Are you planning on going to a Dr. certified in Wilson's method to get prescribed the slow-released T3?

I was planning on going but there is none in the UK.

OP
ecstatichamster
no I am doing it myself. I ordered some micellar casein and I'm going to try to make my own sustained release for the T3.

You can't really do this well without sustained release.

Amazoniac

Last edited:

brix

I’m attempting this on my own. Have been doing t3 with breakfast. 8-16mcg of tyronene.

Has anyone noticed t3 being catabolic? My temps are still 97.6-98.3 and heart rate under 100 but I feel like it is making me lose muscle more quickly than fat.

Dobbler

I’m attempting this on my own. Have been doing t3 with breakfast. 8-16mcg of tyronene.

Has anyone noticed t3 being catabolic? My temps are still 97.6-98.3 and heart rate under 100 but I feel like it is making me lose muscle more quickly than fat.
Not at all, the opposite actually. I don't think i have lost any muscle. Ray has said it aswell that its very anticatabolic to muscles and organs to make your body run with thyroid/sugar rather than fat/stress hormones. And he also said that hypothyroid people compensate alot of with adrenaline and cortisol, so when you burn sugar and thyroid is up, your adrenaline and cortisol should go down.

brix

Not at all, the opposite actually. I don't think i have lost any muscle. Ray has said it aswell that its very anticatabolic to muscles and organs to make your body run with thyroid/sugar rather than fat/stress hormones. And he also said that hypothyroid people compensate alot of with adrenaline and cortisol, so when you burn sugar and thyroid is up, your adrenaline and cortisol should go down.

That’s what I figured. I probably just need more calories, which is already a pain.

Elize

Dr. Wilson’s protocol is designed to be short and to reset your thyroid. It’s not the typical protocol.[/QUOTE.

The protocol didn't work for me. Became severely hypo. Then tried T3 only even worse. Then flipped to severe hyper symptoms. Never again. Slow release T3 messed me up