Hello everyone, I’m a 23 years old Greek woman who has been trying to adapt a peatish way of living.

One aspect of it has been that I have never taken any oral contraceptives (estrogen or progestin) to this day. Reasons for that were the obvious side effects. Few to name are the permanent alterations of the brain and the hormones. Women who were on birth control and then discontinued a long time ago, have much higher SHBG than non-users [1]. This issue leads to low unbounded hormones like free testosterone in clinical trials. I could imagine that simple alterations like that can not just affect the libido of a woman, but also hinder an optimal fetus' development in the womb due to the lack of prenatal hormones. Furthermore, hormones are probably just one of many biomarkers who are permanently affected by exogenous hormone supplementation.

So what's my concern then?

I panicked lately and was in a very emotional state. Thus my stupid **** has taken the After Pill (ellaOne), even though I feel like it wasn’t required at all. The active ingredient of ellaOne is "Ulipristal Acetate", which acts as a Selective Progesterone Receptor Modulator (SPRM) to prevent pregnancy. Thinking about it now anxiously, I lack the required knowledge about SPRMs to assess the damage I might have done to my body which is hopefully not permanent. How much do SPRMs affect biomarkers like hormones and other ones? Are those alterations persistent? Thus, I would like to plead for input regarding this topic.

I hope I don't come off like an extremist. I think I'm very emotional and anxious when it comes to pharmaceuticals. I could use the information I gain here to free my mind and also educate other women and try to keep them off these dangerous drugs like I have been doing for estrogen or progestin-based OCPs.

Thanks in advance.

Jaya

Footnotes

[1] Impact of oral contraceptives on sex hormone-binding globulin and androgen levels: a retrospective study in women with sexual dysfunction - PubMed

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom