Permanent "epigenetic" effects of anti-serotonic substances

BodhiBlues

Very interesting, I had some long-term effects from using LSD including it curing my depression that had plagued me for years. However, I'm not sure if "permanent" is actually permanent. When stressors return, the organism returns to its stressed state. Maybe with a slightly better ability to handle the stressor.

For example, I didn't experience depression or chronic anxiety for about 2 years after I used LSD, however they both came back hard over the scamdemic.

I'm experimenting with cyproheptadine at the moment, it will be interesting to see if it has long term effects. It is really helping me with sleep right now, which is amazing.

OP
Lampshard

Lampshard

Very interesting, I had some long-term effects from using LSD including it curing my depression that had plagued me for years. However, I'm not sure if "permanent" is actually permanent. When stressors return, the organism returns to its stressed state. Maybe with a slightly better ability to handle the stressor.

For example, I didn't experience depression or chronic anxiety for about 2 years after I used LSD, however they both came back hard over the scamdemic.

I'm experimenting with cyproheptadine at the moment, it will be interesting to see if it has long term effects. It is really helping me with sleep right now, which is amazing.

I think through the "Peaty" perspective both permanence and temporality are a mere lens of analysis, everything is a process that both irreversibly pushes you into a new direction, but also anything is malleable to change - so the protective substances one has taken in the past will "forever" help him, but also any new damage can be mitigated and healed. I am happy to hear both LSD and cypro helped you, everything will be ok, do not worry!

BodhiBlues

I think through the "Peaty" perspective both permanence and temporality are a mere lens of analysis, everything is a process that both irreversibly pushes you into a new direction, but also anything is malleable to change - so the protective substances one has taken in the past will "forever" help him, but also any new damage can be mitigated and healed. I am happy to hear both LSD and cypro helped you, everything will be ok, do not worry!
That does make a lot of sense. I'm convinced that I "bounce back" from stressors a lot more quickly than I used to. They are of a more acute nature and I find it much easier to pull myself back into a more positive frame than I used to.

I wonder if I’d get long term benefits from spraying lidocaine on my scalp to treat my dermatitis. Other anti inflammatory substances like aspirin only work temporarily while I use them.
I have used it on my skin once. I did not have problems with my skin but after applying I had itching and shedding of skin for a few days weirdly enough.
I have also taken it orally a few times when I had stomach aches and lidocaine almost instantly resolved them

cupofcoffee

Not sure if It's related to this thread but talking about permanent effects, i think doing a week of aspirin 800 mg/day permanently fixed a very long term (since i was born probably) calves pain/inflamation i had every time i stressed the muscle a Little bit, even slightly speedwalking. Now i can even run and not get that same problem.