Perioral Dermatitis

kofimama1

Is there anyone else out there struggling with perioral (and ocular) dermatitis? I've had it on and off for many years, but had almost a year with no symptoms once I started learning about Ray Peat and making changes with diet and supplements. I thought it was gone for good, but something went haywire and two months ago my digestion started getting bad again and the dermatitis came back with a vengeance. It's so bad now that I don't want to go out in public and it's now all over my eyelids and very painful. I've emailed Dr. Peat and was working with Dodie, but am still suffering. I've had major digestive issues for my whole adult life and am sure that endotoxin and liver congestion are at the root but cannot understand why suddenly I'm back where I was. One thought is that I've been using progesterone continually (to keep symptoms quiet) and think I've unintentionally overburdened my liver. I'll stop that and hopefully if my penicillin ever makes it from Mexico something will shift.

ilovethesea

Just wondering if you got any improvement on this. What did Ray and Dodie suggest for you?

PeatInspired

Forum Supporter
Also struggling with this- I'm 22 weeks pregnant and never had perioral dermatitis before. I've read that it's common during pregnancy-- seems like there should be something to do about it?

I'm going to slightly increase my thyroid dose and see if it helps... I've been rubbing progest-e and olive oil onto it, which helps a little bit.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals