Periodontal bacteria

yerrag

I don’t live in Los Angeles thankfully.
Not the city? Orange County? South Bay? Big Bear?

You ever thought of fleeing? Nice place though, just very weird people inhabiting it these days.

Not the city? Orange County? South Bay? Big Bear?
I grew up with traditional eating with lots of milk in my preteen years. In my teen years we moved to the mountainous Northern California where we got raw milk from the neighbor’s cow. I drank milk through most of my adult years too. I live about an hour from Orange County in a quieter town.

You ever thought of fleeing? Nice place though, just very weird people inhabiting it these days.
I do think about “fleeing” because of the people and politics getting stranger, but I don’t know any other places where I would do any better with their issues, like tornados, floods, heat, snow, sink holes, mosquitos or a worse government like Canada.

yerrag

I do think about “fleeing” because of the people and politics getting stranger, but I don’t know any other places where I would do any better with their issues, like tornados, floods, heat, snow, sink holes, mosquitos or a worse government like Canada.
It's still a lot better than many places. I lived in both places, and when I was in Ohio, some people would think of LA as the last place they would go. And the train derailment just tips the scales back in your favor.

On both ends, it's really about weird people being on the top of the totem pole across the board. You can run, but you can't hide.

On both ends, it's really about weird people being on the top of the totem pole across the board. You can run, but you can't hide.
That’s right! We are all just buying ourselves time in one way or another. My father always says that when a tiger is chasing you that you don’t have to be the fastest runner to survive, you just have to be faster than the slowest runner. Considering that so many people can’t run at all nowadays, I am just banking on that I can.

Apple

I drank mostly milk my whole life and my teeth are impressive at almost sixty. My worst dreams have been of my teeth crumbling. When I use to go to the dentist, there was never any plaque to clean.
Do you usually drink raw milk or boiled milk ?
How about fermented milk (yoghurt) ?

Do you usually drink raw milk or boiled milk ?
How about fermented milk (yoghurt) ?
I heat my milk for my coffee, otherwise I drink raw milk. I was drinking pasteurized skim milk earlier last year though. I don’t eat fermented foods because of the high histamines.

Apple

I heat my milk for my coffee, otherwise I drink raw milk. I was drinking pasteurized skim milk earlier last year though. I don’t eat fermented foods because of the high histamines.
And you never had poisoning from raw milk like some other members of this forum ?
How much milk do you drink per day?

And you never had poisoning from raw milk like some other members of this forum ?
How much milk do you drink per day?
Never have I had a bad experience with raw milk, but I don’t get mine from a small farm, I get it from the grocery store. I feel much better drinking raw milk than pasteurized. I drink roughly 4 to 6 eight ounce glasses of raw milk a day.

Apple

Never have I had a bad experience with raw milk, but I don’t get mine from a small farm, I get it from the grocery store. I feel much better drinking raw milk than pasteurized. I drink roughly 4 to 6 eight ounce glasses of raw milk a day.
You are lucky with raw milk. In my country sale of raw milk has been banned fiercely due to high amount of tuberculosis bacteria in soil.
it probably varies by country or the government doesn't want to be responsible...

Last edited:

sunny

I was listening to this Orawellness (Shine hydroxyapatite tooth powder) interview with Dr Al Danenberg, now deceased, self named "nutritional periodontist". He talked about a dental decay he had after being in hospice and on many medications and not able to do much in the way of oral care. Pretty interesting interview, there are more links on the site to interviews with him and to his website.

Anyway, one of the things he was doing is placing manuka honey and shine hydroxyapatite between teeth at night with an interdental tooth brush.

The interview includes:
Hospice is a type of health care that focuses on keeping terminally ill patients as comfortable as possible. When someone is ill enough that they need to go into hospice, doctors generally aren’t expecting them to ever recover. In fact, the whole intent of hospice differs from other branches of medicine because hospice is all about helping to ease the pain in terminal patients rather than helping them to heal.

In today’s expert interview, we chat with our longtime professional friend Dr. Al Danenberg, nutritional periodontist, author, and certified health coach.

Dr. Al has been to the edge and back. After a serious accident related to complications from multiple myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells), he found himself in hospice. He was prepared to die, but an impending hurricane presented an unexpected opportunity. Thanks to the support he received from his wife and his own efforts working both alone and with his medical team, Dr. Al defied the odds: he recovered and was able to discontinue hospice.

In this video, Dr. Al recounts his personal health journey, including how he shocked his oncologist (more than once). He also shares:

• his perspective on the gut microbiome and the link between the gut, the mouth, and whole-body health;
  • whole-body signs of gut dysbiosis;
  • his top three tips to support your health;
  • how he uses OraWellness Shine;
  • and his thoughts on nano technology in oral hygiene products.
Let’s dive into this fascinating interview with an expert who journeyed to the brink of death, returned, and is now sharing tips on how we can care for our gut microbiome and our overall health.

Show Notes:​

• 1:35 – Dr. Al’s journey with multiple myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells).
  • 19:40 – The turning point thanks to a hurricane (and his wife ).
  • 24:13 – Another interesting story in Dr. Al’s health journey: recovering from severe COVID.
  • 30:24 – Maintaining a healthy gut and oral microbiome in order to support whole-body health.
  • 43:17 – Dr. Al’s top 3 tips for supporting your health.
  • 54:32 – Why dental plaque is healthy (until it’s not).
  • 1:04:07 – Another personal story from Dr. Al: what he did when he discovered he had cavities (hint: it includes OraWellness Shine).
  • 1:09:34 – What is microcrystalline hydroxyapatite, and how does it differ from nano-hydroxyapatite?
  • 1:16:31 – How you can work with Dr. Al.
  • 1:21:47 – Final health-related gem from Dr. A

akgrrrl

I was listening to this Orawellness (Shine hydroxyapatite tooth powder) interview with Dr Al Danenberg, now deceased, self named "nutritional periodontist". He talked about a dental decay he had after being in hospice and on many medications and not able to do much in the way of oral care. Pretty interesting interview, there are more links on the site to interviews with him and to his website.

Anyway, one of the things he was doing is placing manuka honey and shine hydroxyapatite between teeth at night with an interdental tooth brush.

The interview includes:
Hospice is a type of health care that focuses on keeping terminally ill patients as comfortable as possible. When someone is ill enough that they need to go into hospice, doctors generally aren’t expecting them to ever recover. In fact, the whole intent of hospice differs from other branches of medicine because hospice is all about helping to ease the pain in terminal patients rather than helping them to heal.

In today’s expert interview, we chat with our longtime professional friend Dr. Al Danenberg, nutritional periodontist, author, and certified health coach.

Dr. Al has been to the edge and back. After a serious accident related to complications from multiple myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells), he found himself in hospice. He was prepared to die, but an impending hurricane presented an unexpected opportunity. Thanks to the support he received from his wife and his own efforts working both alone and with his medical team, Dr. Al defied the odds: he recovered and was able to discontinue hospice.

In this video, Dr. Al recounts his personal health journey, including how he shocked his oncologist (more than once). He also shares:

• his perspective on the gut microbiome and the link between the gut, the mouth, and whole-body health;
  • whole-body signs of gut dysbiosis;
  • his top three tips to support your health;
  • how he uses OraWellness Shine;
  • and his thoughts on nano technology in oral hygiene products.
Let’s dive into this fascinating interview with an expert who journeyed to the brink of death, returned, and is now sharing tips on how we can care for our gut microbiome and our overall health.

Show Notes:​

• 1:35 – Dr. Al’s journey with multiple myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells).
  • 19:40 – The turning point thanks to a hurricane (and his wife ).
  • 24:13 – Another interesting story in Dr. Al’s health journey: recovering from severe COVID.
  • 30:24 – Maintaining a healthy gut and oral microbiome in order to support whole-body health.
  • 43:17 – Dr. Al’s top 3 tips for supporting your health.
  • 54:32 – Why dental plaque is healthy (until it’s not).
  • 1:04:07 – Another personal story from Dr. Al: what he did when he discovered he had cavities (hint: it includes OraWellness Shine).
  • 1:09:34 – What is microcrystalline hydroxyapatite, and how does it differ from nano-hydroxyapatite?
  • 1:16:31 – How you can work with Dr. Al.
  • 1:21:47 – Final health-related gem from Dr. A
Remember the ORAC scale content of cloves oil? One drop on your toothbrush...

sunny

Remember the ORAC scale content of cloves oil? One drop on your toothbrush...
Yes, absolutely. Waiting for mine to come, the stuff you recommended :) . My husband has been recommended a "deep cleaning", root planing. Below the gum line stuff. Looking to see if a multi approach might help.

Got the all clear from the hygienist the other week that the sample of bacteria from my gums, palette, tongue and saliva showed zero signs or at the very least negligible signs of gram negative bacteria anywhere in my oral activity...that's pretty ridiculous and i assumed it wasn't possible. Dentist even said that it looks like my gums have started growing back a tiny bit too, covering the once exposed teeth for which he didn't have an answer for, as i told him i had been doing absolutely nothing he told me to do(including not using any of the antibiotics he prescribed as of the beginning of 2022) other than oral irrigating and flossing. He doubts they'll grow back completely and so do i, but cosmetically nobody would be able to tell the difference unless they was really inspecting my mouth, so i'm pretty content with that. No cracks, no cavities, no calculus, not a single spec of plaque at least on that inspection and i hadn't even flossed that day!!

I'd already been told that my periodontitis was showing signs of regression a few years ago, but there was still signs of the gram negative microbiome present in swabs and saliva samples i had them take, but to be told that my mouth was for all intents and purposes purged of all the nasty lil ****ers that had been making my oral health situation a nightmare for almost a decade is a pretty startling achievement.

Teeth colour is still not the best but improved. Who knows?maybe that will sort itself out eventually. I still don't really have a solution for intrinsic staining that doesn't involve me getting my teeth bleached once every 6 months(which i'm not doing). I've been doing redlight mixed with blue for a while now and it hasn't really had much of an effect on the internal colouring of the dentin as of yet, but it did improve a whole host of other things, or aided in the healing of other thing synergistically, so i'll keep it up

TruthSeeker

Got the all clear from the hygienist the other week that the sample of bacteria from my gums, palette, tongue and saliva showed zero signs or at the very least negligible signs of gram negative bacteria anywhere in my oral activity...that's pretty ridiculous and i assumed it wasn't possible. Dentist even said that it looks like my gums have started growing back a tiny bit too, covering the once exposed teeth for which he didn't have an answer for, as i told him i had been doing absolutely nothing he told me to do(including not using any of the antibiotics he prescribed as of the beginning of 2022) other than oral irrigating and flossing. He doubts they'll grow back completely and so do i, but cosmetically nobody would be able to tell the difference unless they was really inspecting my mouth, so i'm pretty content with that. No cracks, no cavities, no calculus, not a single spec of plaque at least on that inspection and i hadn't even flossed that day!!

I'd already been told that my periodontitis was showing signs of regression a few years ago, but there was still signs of the gram negative microbiome present in swabs and saliva samples i had them take, but to be told that my mouth was for all intents and purposes purged of all the nasty lil ****ers that had been making my oral health situation a nightmare for almost a decade is a pretty startling achievement.

Teeth colour is still not the best but improved. Who knows?maybe that will sort itself out eventually. I still don't really have a solution for intrinsic staining that doesn't involve me getting my teeth bleached once every 6 months(which i'm not doing). I've been doing redlight mixed with blue for a while now and it hasn't really had much of an effect on the internal colouring of the dentin as of yet, but it did improve a whole host of other things, or aided in the healing of other thing synergistically, so i'll keep it up
You seem very knowledgeable about a subject that is extensively discussed about on this forum.
I went through all your related posts but it might be useful, at least for me, if you could summarize the protocol that has given you those brilliant results.
It seems that you have used Coq10 (certain forms), a ionic toothbrush, redlight and flossed. Wondering whether the list is accurate and which are the tools that you deem as most effective.
I have been in touch with dr Manhart and tried his strips and according to my experience he is spot on when saying that most issues stem from a diastemic infection that then translocates tò the lower gut (contrary to the consensus here that it would be the other way around).
In my case the infection causes a chronic thyroid inflammation (TPO usually greater than 2.000) and a very high neutrophils to limphocites ratio. Thanks.