Peoples lives are getting more boring

When you look at modern society peoples lives are much more boring then before. People like Atom Bergstrom and Ray Peat have interesting stories and plenty of life experience to share. I believe the cause of this is technology because people are to consumed in their digital/virtual life instead of real life experiences.

What do you think caused this?

JamesGatz

I agree - as many users also seem to bring up in other threads - time also seems to pass "faster" in a poor metabolic rate - I think the days fly by when one is warped up in their phone and/or TV's - getting nothing done over the years

When my metabolic rate is healthy the days are long - I get so much more work done - am more motivated to explore certain subjects - to talk to strangers - to get things done - opening up many more doors in my life that would've otherwise have been closed

I notice when I am in suburb/rural areas - people are so much more nicer - strangers are so open to conversation and I have meaningful talks with said people - in the city it's like the people are very unhealthy and braindead in a way - my conversations with them are just them listening to me speak ... with them too stressed too care or not having enough energy to respond - it's disappointing

Donttreadonme

What is so interesting about sitting on facebook or twitter or reddit for 8 hours a day and playing video games for another 8 hours. "Hey I've got a awesome story about fighting an elf on Fortnite..."

Most of my stories from youth start out with, "I was so drunk that...." at least kids of my generation still lived in the real world even if we did consume too much alcohol.

P

Peatness

When you look at modern society peoples lives are much more boring then before. People like Atom Bergstrom and Ray Peat have interesting stories and plenty of life experience to share. I believe the cause of this is technology because people are to consumed in their digital/virtual life instead of real life experiences.

What do you think caused this?
You are too young to be spending too much time on a forum asking these questions. Go out and experience life, read some books and have real life conversations

You are too young to be spending too much time on a forum asking these questions. Go out and experience life, read some books and have real life conversations
Maybe he tried that and has turned to this place instead? I'm sure you're aware of the state of the world. People can't have conversations anymore

P

Peatness

Maybe he tried that and has turned to this place instead? I'm sure you're aware of the state of the world. People can't have conversations anymore
Yes, but he is proposing that “people are to consumed in their digital/virtual life instead of real life experiences.”