Peoples Experience With PUFA Detox

Velve921

After Peating for almost 6 years... I’ve slowly started dropping calories and loosing weight m. I’ve lost 24 lbs and it’s starting to pick up even faster.

Ideally I should be low PUFA. However, regardless, this is is the first time in 6 years I’ve been this low calorie per day... about 2500-2750. Previously, around 4000.

Anyone have experiences about detoxing PUFA or all of a sudden after a long healing process going into a caloric deficit?

Xemnoraq

Ive been peating for almost 4 years and in year two up to now i switched to basically fat free and caloric deficit and i think in my opinion if someone really wants the reassurance that they are greatly reducing the tissue content of PUFA i think low fat and slight caloric deficit are the best way to go, not depriving yourself but not overeating, moderate caloric restriction combined with very low fat /fat free basically ensures that barely any PUFA and all is being ingested, and the caloric deficit i think ensure that even the smallest amount is more likely to get burned rather than stored,

Ive noticed eating this way has lead to many changes, im still struggling and think i have a long way to go, but for myself ive noticed alot of changes in my appearence, my face isnt so bloated and egg like, even before PUFA depletion i was very lean and muscular, but my face was so puffy, now my face had slimmed out where my cheekbones are pronounced etc. Definetly alot of mood changes and changes in behavior, i dont feel as insecure and needy as before i feel more content with myself, its been reaaally difficult trying to get this ***t out of my body its been hell for me, but i feel like im on the right track and im gonna keep going, i think it takes longer than 4 years to deplte PUFA and im even convinced that for some people it can even take 8 or 10 possibly, Ray’s quote states even after 4 years signifigant amount of unsaturated oils will likely still be present in the tissues,

And so because the half life is i think 2.5 tears, that means 2.5 years results in 50% reduction, then 5 years would be 75%, 7.5 years 87.5% and so on, thats my guess, and that can alter if someone is still eating high fat despite switching to coconuy oil so thats why i prefer fat free or really low fat,
Danny Roddy once told me he heard Ray say something like some people have enough PUFA stored in them to last a lifetime meaning it doesnt fully seem clear how long it takes to see ultimate reduction or depletion but it must greatly depend on how much dedication your willing to put in! How did your 6 years go?

maillol

Ive been peating for almost 4 years and in year two up to now i switched to basically fat free and caloric deficit and i think in my opinion if someone really wants the reassurance that they are greatly reducing the tissue content of PUFA i think low fat and slight caloric deficit are the best way to go, not depriving yourself but not overeating, moderate caloric restriction combined with very low fat /fat free basically ensures that barely any PUFA and all is being ingested, and the caloric deficit i think ensure that even the smallest amount is more likely to get burned rather than stored,

Ive noticed eating this way has lead to many changes, im still struggling and think i have a long way to go, but for myself ive noticed alot of changes in my appearence, my face isnt so bloated and egg like, even before PUFA depletion i was very lean and muscular, but my face was so puffy, now my face had slimmed out where my cheekbones are pronounced etc. Definetly alot of mood changes and changes in behavior, i dont feel as insecure and needy as before i feel more content with myself, its been reaaally difficult trying to get this ***t out of my body its been hell for me, but i feel like im on the right track and im gonna keep going, i think it takes longer than 4 years to deplte PUFA and im even convinced that for some people it can even take 8 or 10 possibly, Ray’s quote states even after 4 years signifigant amount of unsaturated oils will likely still be present in the tissues,

And so because the half life is i think 2.5 tears, that means 2.5 years results in 50% reduction, then 5 years would be 75%, 7.5 years 87.5% and so on, thats my guess, and that can alter if someone is still eating high fat despite switching to coconuy oil so thats why i prefer fat free or really low fat,
Danny Roddy once told me he heard Ray say something like some people have enough PUFA stored in them to last a lifetime meaning it doesnt fully seem clear how long it takes to see ultimate reduction or depletion but it must greatly depend on how much dedication your willing to put in! How did your 6 years go?
When you say it's been hell, what have your symptoms been?

Barry

Ive been peating for almost 4 years and in year two up to now i switched to basically fat free and caloric deficit and i think in my opinion if someone really wants the reassurance that they are greatly reducing the tissue content of PUFA i think low fat and slight caloric deficit are the best way to go

totally agree with this. Cronometer recommends around 2200 calories for me. I usually like to be between 2100-2200, at least 80% carbs, 15% protein, 5% fat. Doing this i am still able to get 80g protein, drinking about 2kg skim milk each day, with tons of sugar and OJ.

Gone Peating

For the first few months Peating I had such an insane boost in energy and sense of excitement. I was eating only the staples milk, oj, fruit, low fat fish, low fat beef and carrot salad with coconut oil.

Eventually, the almost high of the experience began to taper off into more of a state of calm well-being.

I was also coming off a low carb intermittent fasting style of eating for about a year prior to this

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

I could write a book about my 6 years but I’ll try to simplify it.

At first when it came to understanding the effects of PUFA upon ingestion, it was tough for me to tell at first. If I cheated and had a high PUFA meal at a restaurant I couldn’t really tell if PUFA was a problem or if it was mostly starch and meat. In other words, I would do high starchy/meat meals for cheat meals and attributed most of the uncomfortable effects from this 2. As I’ve finally found my ideal diet or gotten closer than ever before, now I understand how much PUFA affects me. If I eat any type of food with high amounts I get this crazy incoherent feeling; like I can’t comprehend or put thoughts together.

I haven’t had to wear sunblock in years and my skin doesn’t get burned or spotted. And I grew up as a pale kid.

The best effect I’ve noticed of a healthy metabolism is my brain’s work capacity. Since following this structure for 6 years, my creative thinking and work capacity has sky rocketed and still growing!

I do between 3-5 grams total of PUFA per day.

Barry

On a typical day, 2200 calories, I am drinking about 2000g skim milk, 500g OJ, 140g sugar, grapes, and maybe white rice, small amounts of honey, coconut oil, I am able to keep PUFA to about 1g.

baccheion

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

I could write a book about my 6 years but I’ll try to simplify it.

At first when it came to understanding the effects of PUFA upon ingestion, it was tough for me to tell at first. If I cheated and had a high PUFA meal at a restaurant I couldn’t really tell if PUFA was a problem or if it was mostly starch and meat. In other words, I would do high starchy/meat meals for cheat meals and attributed most of the uncomfortable effects from this 2. As I’ve finally found my ideal diet or gotten closer than ever before, now I understand how much PUFA affects me. If I eat any type of food with high amounts I get this crazy incoherent feeling; like I can’t comprehend or put thoughts together.

I haven’t had to wear sunblock in years and my skin doesn’t get burned or spotted. And I grew up as a pale kid.

The best effect I’ve noticed of a healthy metabolism is my brain’s work capacity. Since following this structure for 6 years, my creative thinking and work capacity has sky rocketed and still growing!

What was your typical diet during that time? That is, what foods and how much? Do you know your apoE status? Does Peating negatively affect apoE 4/3?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals