People who take thyroid what made you able to feel it working?

youngsinatra

That is great to know thank you so much! I also eat liver once a week but what other foods do you like for copper?
Liver is probably the richest source. Mushrooms, potatoes, dark chocolate are pretty rich in copper too.

shine

Do you know if you have high estrogen? I took a small amount of exemestane and my temperature went to 100.6 °F. Heart rate also went from 65 to 90. Was actually very unpleasant physically even though I felt great mentally. Estrogen increases thyroid binding globulin and thereby lowers the effects even when supplementing with NDT or synthetic thyroid.

WonMore

How much do you take?
Dr. Peat mentioned a woman, who needed 15 grains to jumpstart her liver to start converting T4 to T3. Assuming grain to be 15 mcg of T3, that's 225 mcg T3 per day. Perhaps you need more?

Neeters 27

Sorry for sidetracking the thread but as a woman who's low in T (it's my main issue as of now) I'm wondering where you sourced your T (if not from a Dr).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also just to contribute to the thread doesn't high free fatty acids block the use of thyroid?

I also don't feel anything from T3/4 ideal labs blend or NDT, so I've just been focusing on reducing reducing FFA but maybe it's actually because I'm low in T?
my doctor prescribed a custom compounded cream of Testosterone, it was 3 mgs per dose used 1 x a day
i stopped needing it after a few months...that was years ago. I have low T again now, but because of my age, doc wont add it to my regime, it a controlled substance here in Canada and she'll get her knuckles rapped if she does...only way to increase it is to take it once youre a senior ...

I'm.No.One

my doctor prescribed a custom compounded cream of Testosterone, it was 3 mgs per dose used 1 x a day
i stopped needing it after a few months...that was years ago. I have low T again now, but because of my age, doc wont add it to my regime, it a controlled substance here in Canada and she'll get her knuckles rapped if she does...only way to increase it is to take it once youre a senior ...
I'm having decent early results using pine pollen, it has T in it & a lot of precursors.

My gyno looked at my self tested results (full hormone panel though a lab) & said at 37 there's no way I would be low in T even though it was staring her right in the face ?

Diokine

When I started taking adrenal extract the effects of thyroid were much more noticeable.

Birdie

What made me able to feel it working?

Before I began Armour thyroid, in the 90s, I was dxd with Fibromyalgia and CFS. I was sleeping from 11am to 2pm and then again at 4-5. Something like that. I had read Broda Barnes thyroid book in school and somehow remembered him, got the book and read again.

I convinced my doctor to give me a script for Armourthyroid and began using Barnes' advice. This worked for me. My energy was hugely improved.

There have been many changes in formulations, so that's required my keeping up with the changes and finding info so I know which one to use as things change.

Matt C

I take 50mcg of cynomel (T3) pretty much everyday. Can't say I feel a big difference tbh. And I do eat quite well with liver, oysters, lots of protein, avoiding fried food etc.

Probably something wrong with my body that prevents absorption of minerals/hormones

The only things that seem like they have an effect on me is Yerba mate tea with transit time and increased energy/focus and maca for some energy but significant libido boost.

OP
E

Eric Taylor

Do you know if you have high estrogen? I took a small amount of exemestane and my temperature went to 100.6 °F. Heart rate also went from 65 to 90. Was actually very unpleasant physically even though I felt great mentally. Estrogen increases thyroid binding globulin and thereby lowers the effects even when supplementing with NDT or synthetic thyroid.
Definitely have very high estrogen

OP
E

Eric Taylor

When I started taking adrenal extract the effects of thyroid were much more noticeable.
Sorry for the late response. What brand of adrenal extract? Do you have a link? I’m willing to try anything at this point.

VitoScaletta

It’s a bit messy with weighing/tracking the oysters.
3 oz of the actual oyster „flesh“ or 3 oz of the whole oyster, with the shell?

According to cronometer, 3oz of oyster flesh contain 3.8 mg of copper and 77 mg of zinc, which is why Morley Robbins does not like oysters as a source for copper, as zinc impairs copper absorption by binding up free copper in the GI tract with a protein called metallothionein.

I‘ve have one case study of a women who developed zinc-induced copper deficiency due to daily oyster consumption.
Well said

VitoScaletta

I take 50mcg of cynomel (T3) pretty much everyday. Can't say I feel a big difference tbh. And I do eat quite well with liver, oysters, lots of protein, avoiding fried food etc.

Probably something wrong with my body that prevents absorption of minerals/hormones

The only things that seem like they have an effect on me is Yerba mate tea with transit time and increased energy/focus and maca for some energy but significant libido boost.
Dietary Calcium inhibits absorption of T3

OP
E

Eric Taylor

I have new ideas but I haven’t tried anything yet because I’m waiting for my antibiotic to arrive before I try out a few experiments. I was talking to Danny Roddy and he felt like staying up too late can cause the body to have excess nitrous oxide and free fatty acids which could inhibit the thyroid hormone from working so I fixed my sleep schedule that was bad pretty much the entire time I had been trying thyroid. Other than that I’m going to use cyproheptadine and an antibiotic to lessen my bodies production of serotonin. After that I’ll use vitamin k and e, and potentially A topically. Those are the main ideas I have right now.

Jsaute21

Best brand for exemestane?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals