People who take thyroid what made you able to feel it working?

Eric Taylor

Hey everyone,
I’ve been taking thyroid on and off for over a year and unfortunately I’ve never been able to make it work for me. It doesn’t increase my heart rate or body temp. I eat a standard peat diet with sugared milk, weekly oysters and liver, orange juice, oxtail and lamb shank. I have no clue what I could be deficient in. If there’s anyone who thyroid didn’t work for them until they did something, I would love to hear what you fixed that made it work for you. Any responses are appreciated.

John mcclain

What thyroid did you take...t4 or t3 or combined??I've had very different experiences on both...plus varying doses but always knew when I took to much..like 75mcg of t3 is too much just like 125of t4 with 30 of t3 is also too much constant sweating n direahea so you really need to figure out where you fall...bloods aren't great I've found

OP
E

Eric Taylor

What thyroid did you take...t4 or t3 or combined??I've had very different experiences on both...plus varying doses but always knew when I took to much..like 75mcg of t3 is too much just like 125of t4 with 30 of t3 is also too much constant sweating n direahea so you really need to figure out where you fall...bloods aren't great I've found
I’ve taken cynoplus in different ratios of t3 and t4 but it never did anything so I decided that I’ll probably just try t3 only until I can get some type of response but even t3 alone doesn’t work for me at this time.

DB_2014

You’re the first person I’ve been able to find on the entire internet who has the same problem as me. All my labs show hypothyroidism, but T3 does nothing for me. I can take a whopping 60 mcg, and I feel no different. Whereas my mom can take just 15 mcg and it dramatically elevates her heart rate. Been dealing with this dilemma for 5 years. I feel like I must be deficient in some important cofactor that is required for cellular thyroid sensitization, but I’m just not sure what it is.

TheCodez

You’re the first person I’ve been able to find on the entire internet who has the same problem as me. All my labs show hypothyroidism, but T3 does nothing for me. I can take a whopping 60 mcg, and I feel no different. Whereas my mom can take just 15 mcg and it dramatically elevates her heart rate. Been dealing with this dilemma for 5 years. I feel like I must be deficient in some important cofactor that is required for cellular thyroid sensitization, but I’m just not sure what it is.
Same. I can take 150 mcg t3 across the day, day after day after day and ..... nothing. Pulse still 65. Still cold. T4 on the other hand... If I take enough of that I actually feel a bit better.

Neeters 27

no amount of ndt thyroid helped me UNTIL I added hormone replacement - progesterone, estradiol and pregnenolone. I also needed Testosterone for a few months until my thyroid levels were good, I take 3 grains ndt a day. Progesterone warms me up and helps everything, for a man 10 mgs a day topically is good. I take more as a woman and to balance estrogen. I also take 2 drops of oral iodine. unless you live by the ocean and eat a LOT of seafood, youre deficient.

youngsinatra

It could be from copper deficiency.

Needed for the synthesis of almost all hormones and neurotransmitters.

OP
E

Eric Taylor

It could be from copper deficiency.

Needed for the synthesis of almost all hormones and neurotransmitters.
Thank you for the response that definitely could be possible. I’ll try bumping up the oysters to twice a week and see if that helps.

youngsinatra

They’re 3 Oz per serving
It’s a bit messy with weighing/tracking the oysters.
3 oz of the actual oyster „flesh“ or 3 oz of the whole oyster, with the shell?

According to cronometer, 3oz of oyster flesh contain 3.8 mg of copper and 77 mg of zinc, which is why Morley Robbins does not like oysters as a source for copper, as zinc impairs copper absorption by binding up free copper in the GI tract with a protein called metallothionein.

I‘ve have one case study of a women who developed zinc-induced copper deficiency due to daily oyster consumption.

OP
E

Eric Taylor

It’s a bit messy with weighing/tracking the oysters.
3 oz of the actual oyster „flesh“ or 3 oz of the whole oyster, with the shell?

According to cronometer, 3oz of oyster flesh contain 3.8 mg of copper and 77 mg of zinc, which is why Morley Robbins does not like oysters as a source for copper, as zinc impairs copper absorption by binding up free copper in the GI tract with a protein called metallothionein.

I‘ve have one case study of a women who developed zinc-induced copper deficiency due to daily oyster consumption.
That is great to know thank you so much! I also eat liver once a week but what other foods do you like for copper?

sweetpeat

Do you know your cholesterol level? I think having cholesterol too low can cause issues when supplementing thyroid.

I'm.No.One

no amount of ndt thyroid helped me UNTIL I added hormone replacement - progesterone, estradiol and pregnenolone. I also needed Testosterone for a few months until my thyroid levels were good, I take 3 grains ndt a day. Progesterone warms me up and helps everything, for a man 10 mgs a day topically is good. I take more as a woman and to balance estrogen. I also take 2 drops of oral iodine. unless you live by the ocean and eat a LOT of seafood, youre deficient.
Sorry for sidetracking the thread but as a woman who's low in T (it's my main issue as of now) I'm wondering where you sourced your T (if not from a Dr).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Also just to contribute to the thread doesn't high free fatty acids block the use of thyroid?

I also don't feel anything from T3/4 ideal labs blend or NDT, so I've just been focusing on reducing reducing FFA but maybe it's actually because I'm low in T?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals