People Who Have Been Unmotivated And Turned It Around, What Helped?

D

danishispsychic

Here is my witches brew. Pour over coffee using espresso coffee ( fine grind ) add sugar to the grinds before brewing - add cream / milk to bottom of cups and then brew coffee into it a little at a time . Add gelatin/ collagen ( optional ) . Make is super strong, super sweet , super milky. Drink that with Source Naturals Niacinamide 1500 - 1 Tablet ( timed release ) and wheee!

Anders86

Wow that's a large dose. I am still waiting for DHEA to arrive so I can try doses north of 10mg without worrying too muc. But I noticed no negative libido effect with 5-15mg.

I have been up to 300-500mg oral without libido issues. But probably fertility issues..

I did 800mg with the Healthnatura one, but I didn't move much..

kaybb

Here is my witches brew. Pour over coffee using espresso coffee ( fine grind ) add sugar to the grinds before brewing - add cream / milk to bottom of cups and then brew coffee into it a little at a time . Add gelatin/ collagen ( optional ) . Make is super strong, super sweet , super milky. Drink that with Source Naturals Niacinamide 1500 - 1 Tablet ( timed release ) and wheee!
Do you have any crash ? The Niacinamide help avoid that ? I Love caffine, helps with energy and chronic body pain (fibromyalgia). The next morning after I wake up in a hell hole.

Velve921

My personal magic recipe:

Ca:P - 2:1
No starch. Period.
No meat. Period
Coffee + ice cream + gelatin + milk - 2-3x a day
Cheese + OJ 1-2x a day for snack
During times of anxiety - High dose theanine and meditation
Epsom salt bath to relax
Meditate 2-3x per day
Raw carrot or mushrooms when I need to clean up; however, when I avoid starch, meat, and PUFA completely, I rarely need digestive foods.

And last but the most important... for life motivation, I’ve had to go through deep healing work and transform my mindset in life. When starting Peat 6 years ago, it was strictly to fix the gasoline in my car (so to speak).

Now, its been all about where I am driving the car (so to speak).

It’s now a balancing act between keeping the engine fluid with nutrients and finding the right directions (with my mindset) to drive the car.

D

danishispsychic

Do you have any crash ? The Niacinamide help avoid that ? I Love caffine, helps with energy and chronic body pain (fibromyalgia). The next morning after I wake up in a hell hole.
I do not have crashes on coffee and it might be because I am experimenting with drinking like a LOT of coffee. I have been trying to increase it and am up to about 6 or more cups a day. I take B1 also ( source naturals with mag and succ acid ) , sometimes I use Nut Pods creamer , sometimes dairy , sometimes both , ( i know nutpods has some pufa though ) Also , I put collagen / gelatin in at least 3 of those cups. Sounds weird but if my cream sugar espresso ratio is right , no crashing ever. At this point though , I think there might be a steady stream of caffeine in my system. My sleep is ok though...I come from a major coffee drinking family and started early. Coffee is all about committing to it like a champ :) lol

kaybb

I have been up to 300-500mg oral without libido issues. But probably fertility issues..

I did 800mg with the Healthnatura one, but I didn't move much..
I do not have crashes on coffee and it might be because I am experimenting with drinking like a LOT of coffee. I have been trying to increase it and am up to about 6 or more cups a day. I take B1 also ( source naturals with mag and succ acid ) , sometimes I use Nut Pods creamer , sometimes dairy , sometimes both , ( i know nutpods has some pufa though ) Also , I put collagen / gelatin in at least 3 of those cups. Sounds weird but if my cream sugar espresso ratio is right , no crashing ever. At this point though , I think there might be a steady stream of caffeine in my system. My sleep is ok though...I come from a major coffee drinking family and started early. Coffee is all about committing to it like a champ :) lol
haha.. I would love to be a champ ! I understand adding the gelatin... some protein helps me also. Have you ever been prone to headaches or migraines ?

D

danishispsychic

haha.. I would love to be a champ ! I understand adding the gelatin... some protein helps me also. Have you ever been prone to headaches or migraines ?
I do get headaches , mainly when I don't get enough sugar and get dehydrated- so lemonade with lots of sugar kind of cures them . :)

Lenny

I keep 3 logbooks in which I track things. One for practical things such as current diet/supplements/bodytemperature and the effect that they give me. One for mental notes, things I find out about myself and desired being. And one in which I write about my days and what is going good and can be better.
Whenever I feel like im dwelling away from my goals and desired mindset (I think a lot and this can be distracting), I look into my books and they can set me right back on track. Also I read Jordan Petersons "12 rules for life" which really helped me with my mental game. Lastly I stopped doing things that mess up dopamine (mastrubation, videogames, phone, social media). This last one is a must if I want to stay focussed. One of my schematics from notes goes as follows:

<eye>
Respiration
Desert
Cravings
Sacrifice

Its like a tower and you need each block before the next. You need to sacrifice things (bad habits, dopamine disrubtors) to be stable. Only then, you can control cravings (which will then dissapear). When you can control those you can keep away from the desert, which is a metafor for being lost in your thoughts and being. When youre focussed and have all these things done you can be calm and in cullulair respiration. The eye stand for you, observing while you go through this procces. Whenever I failed something and feel that I am no longer focussed or whatever I look at what happened that made me chaotic, learn from it, accept it and start again from the bottom, focussing on sacrificing mindsets and bad habits.

Going easy on yourself is important as you want to stay friends with yourself. You can think of yourself as a relation between a boss and a worker. If you boss yourself around all the time the worker is going to object. As the boss you want to show courage and stay true to yourself, not lieing, and keep the worker motivated. As a worker you want to do your best for the boss. If you feel like ***t, just accepting it and stepping back is better then forcing into labour. Anyway this is an example of schematics I make to remind myself and see where I at. Not sure if this one will work for anybody but it works for me.

milkboi

I keep 3 logbooks in which I track things. One for practical things such as current diet/supplements/bodytemperature and the effect that they give me. One for mental notes, things I find out about myself and desired being. And one in which I write about my days and what is going good and can be better.
Whenever I feel like im dwelling away from my goals and desired mindset (I think a lot and this can be distracting), I look into my books and they can set me right back on track. Also I read Jordan Petersons "12 rules for life" which really helped me with my mental game. Lastly I stopped doing things that mess up dopamine (mastrubation, videogames, phone, social media). This last one is a must if I want to stay focussed. One of my schematics from notes goes as follows:

<eye>
Respiration
Desert
Cravings
Sacrifice

Its like a tower and you need each block before the next. You need to sacrifice things (bad habits, dopamine disrubtors) to be stable. Only then, you can control cravings (which will then dissapear). When you can control those you can keep away from the desert, which is a metafor for being lost in your thoughts and being. When youre focussed and have all these things done you can be calm and in cullulair respiration. The eye stand for you, observing while you go through this procces. Whenever I failed something and feel that I am no longer focussed or whatever I look at what happened that made me chaotic, learn from it, accept it and start again from the bottom, focussing on sacrificing mindsets and bad habits.

Going easy on yourself is important as you want to stay friends with yourself. You can think of yourself as a relation between a boss and a worker. If you boss yourself around all the time the worker is going to object. As the boss you want to show courage and stay true to yourself, not lieing, and keep the worker motivated. As a worker you want to do your best for the boss. If you feel like ***t, just accepting it and stepping back is better then forcing into labour. Anyway this is an example of schematics I make to remind myself and see where I at. Not sure if this one will work for anybody but it works for me.

cool post man

Peater Piper

Going easy on yourself is important as you want to stay friends with yourself. You can think of yourself as a relation between a boss and a worker. If you boss yourself around all the time the worker is going to object. As the boss you want to show courage and stay true to yourself, not lieing, and keep the worker motivated. As a worker you want to do your best for the boss. If you feel like ***t, just accepting it and stepping back is better then forcing into labour.
This is an interesting way of framing things. I've been through cognitive behavioral therapy to retrain my frame of mind, turning negative thoughts into something more neutral or positive, and overall it's been a success, but it's easy to slip into old habits. I think it could be beneficial when I'm feeling overly negative and chastising myself mentally, to ask myself "is this how I would treat my boss or an employee?" The answer would always be no. We'll see how it goes...

kaybb

<eye>
Respiration
Desert
Cravings
Sacrifice

Really good analogy... I’m going to use the boss and worker attitude/treatment.

Lenny

As a follow-up on my last post:

Personaly i'd like to use the analogy Teacher/Sportsman

Years a go I worked as a P.E teacher at a primary school. The amazing thing about teaching kids is that everything you do as a teacher is reflected in your students. If you give your students ***t, they give you ***t, they will object. If you provide them with meaning (=a challange, a way to improve themself. As this is what children, and people in general, want deep from within. It is in our instinct to strive and become better), they thank you and show desired behaviour. If I teach a class in which I do not provide this meaning, treat them unfairly, or show that I simply do not care, they will give me a bad time. And as horrible as that is (for me and the class), I deserve it. As their behavior is a mirror into my teaching and way of being. If the class does not show their objection, or if I would not listen to their signals, the teacher will become a tyrant. Forcing his will on the class, which become slaves. This will suck all the meaning from P.E. And P.E is fun! So you dont want that to happen.

I translate this into myself. A part of me is a teacher and the other part of me is a sportsman. Because the sportsman is a reflection of me, I am the sportsman AND the teacher. Therefore, my main goal should be to get these two parts of me to work together. And in order to achieve that they need to share the same goal. When both sides want something else they will fight over your attention, resulting in you never being able to stay motivated. Now articulating this goal should be taken very seriously.

Lets say your goal is to lose weight. You decide to go to the gym 5 days a week, eat only things that help you achieve weightloss and whenever you feel unmotivated you tell yourself to stop whining and remind yourself of your goals. After month's of trying you are exhausted and hate yourself. This aproach is destined to fail because here, the Teacher is forcing his will over the Sportsman. Did you listen to the sportsman while setting your goal in the first place? Why do you want to lose weight? Is it because you want to look better or because you hate the way you look now? Are you searching for confidence or are you running away from the idea of you being you as you are now? When these things are left ignored the sportsman will build resentment. Then it is only a matter of time before he starts to scream and kick in order to make the teacher listen. Setting goals in which all parts of you can work towards requires you to be true. You can not lie to yourself. You need to look at the ugly part inside of you and ask it, how are you? is there anything you want? Listen to it. it might want or want to get rid of something you desire. It maybe doesnt like the way you are right now. You might have to sacrifice this. Accept it. Tell it you are able to negotiate. If you do not listen you will become a tyrant. Take your time. This took me month's to do.

Now the sportsman in you should not be let to wonder of and do whatever it wants to. Children hurt themself, and they get nowhere. It Wants to be diciplined. For this you have to trust in the teacher. The class loved playing soccer. They loved it most, when the theacher acts as the referee. Without it some kids would cheat, walk over other, act selfisch, or even worse, claim vivtory even tho they lost. What is not fun however is a referee that is not paying attention or is onesided. I needed to build trust with the class in order to be able to inervene at the moment it was needed. In order for the sportsman to trust the teacher, the teacher has to be open. The teacher does not know all the answers. Its okay. He tells the class, "look guys, I notice something is happening, and honestly I'm not sure why, but what I do feel is that I want to fix this problem and I hope you guys want this aswell. And I hope I can expect your energy from you. Now this is different then saying "I want A to change and therefore I am going to do this and that". He is open with himself and the class. Keep watching what is happening inside of you. And intervene whenever the sportsman is showing undisered behaviour. When you intervene, accept that it is not an action against you, but for you. I useually say something like: "He sportsman, choach here, you want to stop doing this now. It is not helping. Oh thanks choach, you're right."

You are going to fail and you will watch both sides fight each other in the beginning. Just remember that you're all on the same team, team <your name>, and they all want what is best for you. Use that knowledge to make them be friends again. And when the kids are mad, respect them and give them some time off. When you have your goals set, act upon to it. Being motivated is not a skill. It is chasing that which you truly want without forgetting about yourself. This way, it is not a chore but a rewarding thing to do.

If the idea of there being two parts of you sounds familiar it might be because this is might actually be true. As you know, organisms build on top of themself during the span of milions of years. Therefore some system are older then others. Emotions are mainly formed in the gut. Thoughts in the brain. There is something observing the thoughts and the emotions. As I see it, you are the observer. The thoughts, I refer to as the theacher (your brain). The emotions as the sportsman (your gut). This theory works for me and prove's itself when I experiment with it. But it is too vague for me to write about. If you are intrested in these things i'd suggest reading "you are the plaebo" and "why budism is true" and the "the moral animal".

TLDR:

Dont lie to yourself.
Set goals that will persue meaning.
Be willing to sacrifice parts of yourself to save the whole.
Communicatie with yourself.
P.E Rules!

Hope this helps someone

Last edited:

somuch4food

As a follow-up on my last post:

Personaly i'd like to use the analogy Teacher/Sportsman

Years a go I worked as a P.E teacher at a primary school. The amazing thing about teaching kids is that everything you do as a teacher is reflected in your students. If you give your students ***t, they give you ***t, they will object. If you provide them with meaning (=a challange, a way to improve themself. As this is what children, and people in general, want deep from within. It is in our instinct to strive and become better), they thank you and show desired behaviour. If I teach a class in which I do not provide this meaning, treat them unfairly, or show that I simply do not care, they will give me a bad time. And as horrible as that is (for me and the class), I deserve it. As their behavior is a mirror into my teaching and way of being. If the class does not show their objection, or if I would not listen to their signals, the teacher will become a tyrant. Forcing his will on the class, which become slaves. This will suck all the meaning from P.E. And P.E is fun! So you dont want that to happen.

I translate this into myself. A part of me is a teacher and the other part of me is a sportsman. Because the sportsman is a reflection of me, I am the sportsman AND the teacher. Therefore, my main goal should be to get these two parts of me to work together. And in order to achieve that they need to share the same goal. When both sides want something else they will fight over your attention, resulting in you never being able to stay motivated. Now articulating this goal should be taken very seriously.

Lets say your goal is to lose weight. You decide to go to the gym 5 days a week, eat only things that help you achieve weightloss and whenever you feel unmotivated you tell yourself to stop whining and remind yourself of your goals. After month's of trying you are exhausted and hate yourself. This aproach is destined to fail because here, the Teacher is forcing his will over the Sportsman. Did you listen to the sportsman while setting your goal in the first place? Why do you want to lose weight? Is it because you want to look better or because you hate the way you look now? Are you searching for confidence or are you running away from the idea of you being you as you are now? When these things are left ignored the sportsman will build resentment. Then it is only a matter of time before he starts to scream and kick in order to make the teacher listen. Setting goals in which all parts of you can work towards requires you to be true. You can not lie to yourself. You need to look at the ugly part inside of you and ask it, how are you? is there anything you want? Listen to it. it might want or want to get rid of something you desire. It maybe doesnt like the way you are right now. You might have to sacrifice this. Accept it. Tell it you are able to negotiate. If you do not listen you will become a tyrant. Take your time. This took me month's to do.

Now the sportsman in you should not be let to wonder of and do whatever it wants to. Children hurt themself, and they get nowhere. It Wants to be diciplined. For this you have to trust in the teacher. The class loved playing soccer. They loved it most, when the theacher acts as the referee. Without it some kids would cheat, walk over other, act selfisch, or even worse, claim vivtory even tho they lost. What is not fun however is a referee that is not paying attention or is onesided. I needed to build trust with the class in order to be able to inervene at the moment it was needed. In order for the sportsman to trust the teacher, the teacher has to be open. The teacher does not know all the answers. Its okay. He tells the class, "look guys, I notice something is happening, and honestly I'm not sure why, but what I do feel is that I want to fix this problem and I hope you guys want this aswell. And I hope I can expect you energy from you. Now this is different then saying "I want A to change and therefore I am going to do this and that". He is open with himself and the class. Keep watching what is happening inside of you. And intervene whenever the sportsman is showing undisered behaviour. When you intervene, accept that it is not an action against you, but for you. I useually say something like: "He sportsman, choach here, you want to stop doing this now. It is not helping. Oh thanks choach, you're right."

You are going to fail and you will watch both sides fight each other in the beginning. Just remember that you're all on the same team, team <your name>, and they all want what is best for you. Use that knowledge to make them be friends again. And when the kids are mad, respect them and give them some time off. When you have your goals set, act upon to it. Being motivated is not a skill. It is chasing that which you truly want without forgetting about yourself. This way, it is not a chore but a rewarding thing to do.

If the idea of there being two parts of you sounds familiar it might be because this is might actually be true. As you know, organisms build on top of themself during the span of milions of years. Therefore some system are older then others. Emotions are mainly formed in the gut. Thoughts in the brain. There is something observing the thoughts and the emotions. As I see it, you are the observer. The thoughts, I refer to as the theacher (your brain). The emotions as the sportsman (your gut). This theory works for me and prove's itself when I experiment with it. But it is too vague for me to write about. If you are intrested in these things i'd suggest reading "you are the plaebo" and "why budism is true" and the "the moral animal".

TLDR:

Dont lie to yourself.
Set goals that will persue meaning.
Be willing to sacrifice parts of yourself to save the whole.
Communicatie with yourself.
P.E Rules!

Hope this helps someone

What an awesome analogy! I can relate to this. I tried willpower for many many years and it always eventually failed and I felt exausted.

I think most people get disconnected from their body growing up because so many things we are taught focus on thinking instead of feeling.

I'm already doing something similar, but this analogy could push everything further.

accelerator

Coffee, chocolate, Siberian ginaeng, cistanche and palm pollen. Thyroid glanduar, t3 and pansterone. Cyproheptadine, lisuride, adamantane and taurine. Gut has to be fixed first for optimal digestion. I founf cyprohepradine an adamantane profoundly fixes any gut issues. Lastly, eat fo nurishment and enjoyment.

How much cypro and adamantane did you use?

uridine is extremely effective if you just want something to give you a little nudge to get going

How much did you take?

milkboi

A very effective, purely strategic way to stay motivated is to boost dopamine through supplementation and then cut off access to undesired activities, only leaving the desirable options (i.e. work, reading etc.) left to do. The dopamine will give you the "activation energy" to start a task and because there are only productive tasks left, those will be the ones you do. If you do this for long enough, your brain will hopefully rewire itself to see those desired tasks as its main way to get dopamine and effortless (or less effortful) motivation will be a result of that.

golder

A very effective, purely strategic way to stay motivated is to boost dopamine through supplementation and then cut off access to undesired activities, only leaving the desirable options (i.e. work, reading etc.) left to do. The dopamine will give you the "activation energy" to start a task and because there are only productive tasks left, those will be the ones you do. If you do this for long enough, your brain will hopefully rewire itself to see those desired tasks as its main way to get dopamine and effortless (or less effortful) motivation will be a result of that.
Very useful advice for those of us feeling stuck. What supplements have you found beneficial to break this inertia with dopamine?

milkboi

Very useful advice for those of us feeling stuck. What supplements have you found beneficial to break this inertia with dopamine?
Unfortunately, the only ones that keep their effect well after the honeymoon phase of first taking a substance for me are the non-peaty heavy hitters: low dose amphetamine, Ritalin, Modafinil.

Interesting thing in regards to "feeling stuck": Increased Dopamine leads to more neuroplasticity, allowing one to change their old patterns much easier than before

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals