People Who Achieved Regrowth

LeeLemonoil

@Terma

I have never before looked into sFRP1 - I knew it existed and read it generated interest in cancer research.

Now, these proteins are fundamentally involved in tissue grow and development. Sounds feasible that it may stimulate hair regrowth fundamentally but from the sound of its properties it would be important to keep it from going systemically.

Anyway, a massive modulator. Would be worth of the time and research of the forum-geniuses here on RPF.

There might also be substances around that act similar to Cyclosporine or the research compound of the article to experiment with.

And, a fundamental find:the murine mechanism was quite different than in actual target tissue cells from humans.
What do we know after all?

Dotdash

I have regrown my hair from losing like 70% of it. I went through menopause, developed alopecia areata and also what looked like male pattern baldness. Partly blamed it on the stress. Found Ray Peat’s diet and added loads of OJ, coffee, sugar, eggs, broth. Change shampoo, use hair tonic and supplement with Vitamin for hair growth. One year to see regrowth and for another five months the hair just kept getting stronger and longer.

Could you elaborate on this, such as shampo, hair tonic and vitamin supplement you used? Thanks.

Progesterone

Has anyone tried what peat himself recommends for hair regeneration - topical dhea/prog or topical t3?

Might as well just do that remand then say for sure whether ‘peating’ works for hair regrowth.

@Progesterone @xetawaves @Arrade

Hey man, long time no speak.

I have not tried that, because T3 seems very hit/miss for a lot of people in terms of hair. Many stating it made their hair worse... so applying it, TOPICALLY, sounds a bit scary.

I have been using progesterone (pure powder) placed into veggie capsule, and swallowed, 100mg, one nightly, for the past month.

It's too early to say but I believe I'm seeing good results already.

Also, very interesting to note, no matter how much stress I'm under (under a ton right now), no matter how bad I'm eating.. I can NOT get any acne right now, which is very far from the norm for me. Very nice side effect.

I'm also taking Methylene Blue at low doses every few hrs (total of maybe 1mg a day)

Scenes, what regimen are you on right now?

johnwester130

You bet dandruff shampoos were my course of action. I first developed dandruff at 17 years of age and about 2 years later I started thinning. Interesting that 25 years later I developed severe seborrheic dermatitis and profuse hair loss. I started on Clobetasol 0.05% and Selsun 2% (prescription) and Nizoral Shampoo. I no longer use Nizoral but Selsun twice a week. So to the point after about 8 weeks my hair stopped falling out and has regrown thicker and healthier.

There is all this talk about the microbiome, sebum and DHT. I am guessing killing the fungus (Malassezia) on the scalp reduces the sebum production and DHT accumulation.
I mean who knows but I believe it was a factor in my situation. I also use the other dandruff shampoos on other days, zinc 2% and salicylic acid/sulfur (Sebex) and let them remain on scalp for 10 minutes. I am a believer.

this is a great theory

Vins7

Yes I have experienced moderate regrowth but it is quite difficult to achieve. In order to do so I really need to stay clear of starch and keep my gut completely endotoxin free. I also need to avoid pufa like the plague. I need adequate sleep, and plenty of bright light shining right on my scalp/forehead. This requires plenty of sugar and protein because light will sap those. Also taking aspirin and vitamin k and gelatin seem to be the most protective for hair, probably because of calcification and prostagligins. And whenever I drink even a glass of wine my stomach feels uneasy and I get the scalp itch and noticed increased shedding, so no alcohol. It is at least exceedlingly difficult, or practically impossible, for us with heavy balding genetics (and don't tell me genetics doesn't play at least a partial role in hair growth) to keep our hairlines while trying to lvie a fulfilled modern lifestyle, going out to the movies, lunch with friends, family dinners, vacations, work culture. Unfortunately these influences want me to keep losing hair and they will likely win over but at least I can slow the hairloss down significantly by keeping the basic peat tennets in place: very low pufa, fruitjuice+dairy, bright light, and good metabolism.
When you say bright light are you meaning sun light?
Protein = meat mostly?

Vins7

I have experienced significant regrowth over the last two years, going from NW1.25 to NW0.5 at the age of 25. I actually need to shave my entire hairline back a bit due to the sheer amount of vellus hair, and I never shed. All the hair is stuck on pretty good. Although I'm happy with my hair, thicker is always better. Hair is the best makeup/accessory you could wear to make yourself look good.

I've done so many things to achieve my regrowth I'm not sure which to recommend. I certainly stand by biotin, essential oils (currently using a lot of clove), high protein and high fruit intake (and other RP principles), stress management, and scalp massage. I want to give red light a shot. I am always curious to hear about what has worked for others.
Were you difuse thinner too? Or just your hairline was receiding?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals