People That Use Red Light Daily/often, Where Do You Usually Use It?

Maljam

I sometimes get a fatigue and dullness in my head going too long without sunlight, which red light fixes after shining at my closed eyes and head for a few minutes, moving it around my whole head. I usually go over my whole body with the bulb when I do this too. I would be very careful about exposing genitals for too long.

GelatinGoblin

There is also natural redlight which happens at 2 points in the day (when the colour temperature seen from the sun is between 300-1800(/2500?)K , 1 time when the sun rises, for me it's about 4:30~-5:10~ in this time of the year, and a second time when the sun sets, for me it's about 7:55 when red light is highest when it sets. One can draw some interesting biological anthropology related conclusions about the function of the bodily response to Red Light, perhaps to lessen Cortisol in the day when you wake up and at night to put your body outside of the hunting/stress mode.

upload_2020-8-17_17-14-26.png

Although I think it just loops back around to 1800K.

orewashin

I sometimes get a fatigue and dullness in my head going too long without sunlight, which red light fixes after shining at my closed eyes and head for a few minutes, moving it around my whole head. I usually go over my whole body with the bulb when I do this too. I would be very careful about exposing genitals for too long.
I don't think it'd be an issue. I used a red heating lamp on my balls for a few days and my total test still came out 400, which isn't considered medically significant. That's also with a TSH of 9. Now, something that doesn't even heat my balls, I don't see why I'd be careful about that. You know that people sunbathe, right?

Maljam

I don't think it'd be an issue. I used a red heating lamp on my balls for a few days and my total test still came out 400, which isn't considered medically significant. That's also with a TSH of 9. Now, something that doesn't even heat my balls, I don't see why I'd be careful about that. You know that people sunbathe, right?

How old are you? You know 300 is the usual cut off for low testosterone? I have seen accounts of people going on TRT with levels above 300 too.

All I said is be careful about using such a concentrated source of energy for too long.

orewashin

How old are you? You know 300 is the usual cut off for low testosterone? I have seen accounts of people going on TRT with levels above 300 too.

All I said is be careful about using such a concentrated source of energy for too long.
25. I already had total T around this much when I was 18, but doctors are actually less likely to give TRT to a young person with low T because it's controversial. They don't abide by the "normal T for a certain age" idea. Nobody thinks my T is a problem, although I have fatigue and T on the low side can be a contributing factor.

The fact that my free T and bioavailable T are well within normal is also used as an argument.

My argument that TRT could ease my varicoceles and pain because of them isn't acknowledged either. It's all bureaucracy.

Quelsatron

25. I already had total T around this much when I was 18, but doctors are actually less likely to give TRT to a young person with low T because it's controversial. They don't abide by the "normal T for a certain age" idea. Nobody thinks my T is a problem, although I have fatigue and T on the low side can be a contributing factor.

The fact that my free T and bioavailable T are well within normal is also used as an argument.

My argument that TRT could ease my varicoceles and pain because of them isn't acknowledged either. It's all bureaucracy.
I believe the peaty view is that testosterone is a downstream consequence of a healthy metabolism, and that TRT is just stepping on the gas with no fuel or something like that. First fix your metabolism, then testosterone will follow (unless your balls fell off).

Vegancrossfit

I believe the peaty view is that testosterone is a downstream consequence of a healthy metabolism, and that TRT is just stepping on the gas with no fuel or something like that. First fix your metabolism, then testosterone will follow (unless your balls fell off).

side question - and I agree with TRT stepping on the gas pedal with no fuel metaphore - why would Ray recommend thyroid hormones then? Pretty much identical issues.

orewashin

Normally, that would apply, but varicoceles reduce the body's ability to produce testosterone and can cause orchitis by causing a reliance on an excessive amount of LH.

Quelsatron

side question - and I agree with TRT stepping on the gas pedal with no fuel metaphore - why would Ray recommend thyroid hormones then? Pretty much identical issues.
well, he doesn't just recommend thyroid, he also of course has a lot of suggestions for diet. Thyroid precedes testosterone in the food->work flow.
Normally, that would apply, but varicoceles reduce the body's ability to produce testosterone and can cause orchitis by causing a reliance on an excessive amount of LH.
maybe so, but I hear varicoceles are not actually varicose veins and the lumpiness is reversible???? either way you have a TSH of 9, which is fairly high, so you could try getting that down first.