People Have No Understanding Of Nutrition

• Thread starter Deleted member 5487
  • Start date

Aaron

Who thinks high sugar and high fat will make you lose wait? At least he came to the right place to learn better than that.
This guy:
FINALLY LOSING WEIGHT FAST! THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!

And he was inspired to think that way, somehow, from this forum. One of the reasons why I approach this forum, the people on it, and the information contained herewithin as a sort of devil's advocate. Guy probably has issues, but so do I. The Peat articles are the real goldmine but still not anywhere near a complete source of info.

ExCarniv

I'm back on the mostly vegan, mostly low-fat train. This forum is full of clueless people, much like the average forum or the average congregation of people who have the time to both discover a forum like this and post here. I still have disturbing and vivid memories of reading a guy's topic about losing weight by eating a diet high in sugar and saturated fat.
This guy:
FINALLY LOSING WEIGHT FAST! THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!

And he was inspired to think that way, somehow, from this forum. One of the reasons why I approach this forum, the people on it, and the information contained herewithin as a sort of devil's advocate. Guy probably has issues, but so do I. The Peat articles are the real goldmine but still not anywhere near a complete source of info.

Lol that guy is probably hoping on the next fad diet

Peat have some good points, but as you said, he's not an oracle of complete information and some of his view are oriented to very sick people, for most normal people, avoiding pufas are a good start, but avoid starch 100% doesn't make any sense if you can tolerate them well, like potatoes for example.

boris

@Aaron Thanks for digging it out. According to the thread he got 60% of calories from fat and 30% from carbs, so isn't it more of a high fat diet? Since it's saturated the logic of the rat experiment from the 50s (fat amount didn't matter in obesity, but ratio of PUFA to SAF) or the pigs and coconut story should apply.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals