People Have No Understanding Of Nutrition

• Thread starter Deleted member 5487
  • Start date
So,when we just dont tell them about really good food that heals and keep it to ourselves, we are actually implementing a filter that keeps us healthy and alive, and they will eventually all die out. There is the reasoning for ya of the elite.

TreasureVibe

So,when we just dont tell them about really good food that heals and keep it to ourselves, we are actually implementing a filter that keeps us healthy and alive, and they will eventually all die out. There is the reasoning for ya of the elite.
It's a common psychological effect I think. ''After all of this hassle finding out this truth, why does he or she deserve to know this, if he/she has done nothing to find out about it?''.

smith

We're all on a journey, I'm sure most of us have made poor nutrition choices before ultimately winding up on this board. In fact, I'd venture to guess it's a prerequisite for being here.
I've been eating fatty steaks, cheese, potatoes and OJ since freshman highschool, about 8 years before being aware of Ray Peat.
...and then I went vegan

Last edited:

benaoao

Fatty steaks and cheese are terrible choices for longevity tbh whereas veganism is alright (although it severely lacks quality proteins)

The former is infinitely better than the latter for muscle growth though. It’s gotten to the point where I’m thinking grossly “wanna grow = Eat carnivore and snack fruits / wanna live old = Eat herbivore, most of the time”

Energizer

Fatty steaks and cheese are terrible choices for longevity tbh whereas veganism is alright (although it severely lacks quality proteins)

The former is infinitely better than the latter for muscle growth though. It’s gotten to the point where I’m thinking grossly “wanna grow = Eat carnivore and snack fruits / wanna live old = Eat herbivore, most of the time”

I don't think meat is incompatible with longevity and health, especially if you eat it properly, such as balancing muscle meat with gelatin, drinking coffee to inhibit iron uptake, etc.

Daft

Well, you can definitely get lean and muscular on chicken breast and broccoli if you add a few carbs in there, but you will feel like crap. The main reason fat people can't lose weight is because they are in a constant state of unwellness that impairs their ability to make decisions, largely caused by PUFAs and other inflammatory ingredients. So yeah, if this guy eats that for a while, even though there's a slim chance he does, he'll probably just gain the weight back because he hasn't achieved wellness and doesn't know how to.

The most infuriating thing health coaches, dieticians, trainers, etc say is "Everyone knows what unhealthy food is." Their examples of unhealthy are usually burgers, pizza, candy, etc, and then their examples of healthy are whole grains, lean muscle meats, cruciferous vegetables, low sodium, nuts and seeds, etc. As mediocre as it is, you will probably perform better on the former than the latter until the heart disease catches up to you. In fact, I lived on double Baconators and Frosties for months in college and got diced in the process because weight loss always boils down to net kcal.

Doctors will prescribe the latter diet, observe their patients actually becoming worse, and turn around and blame it on complex biological processes which are out of the patient's control. "People know how to eat healthy and cutting calories is clearly a myth because otherwise everyone would be able to lose weight. Must be some kind of metabolic dysfunction which we don't yet know how to solve." And books like The Diabetes Code are born.

The medical establishment is perfectly systematized to convert anyone who isn't extremely proactive about health into a patient.

Are you saying the baconators will cause heart disease faster than the latter diet?

tara

I'm guilty too of having pushed my nutritional opinions on unwilling people.
Few people are argued and exhorted into the perfect diet for themselves.

Amongst the things I value most of Peat's principle's are his example and his encouragement to learn a lot - about physiology and about all sorts of things related - scientific studies old and new, history, etc, to understand that it is complex, and his encouragement to pay attention to the effects of things on ourselves, and to keep thinking for ourselves.

I used to agree with this, but I'm beginning to change my view. It's hard to know about the quality of proteins in fruit - could be that eating enough appropriate good fruit could get enough good quality protein for at least some people. There seem to be people who have built good health on fruit. It would require significant quantities.

walker_in_aus

I have directed my annoying uncontrollable impulse to give people dietary advice into a career change. Unfortunately, despite feeling so much better than I've felt since about 18 I am not super thin and instagram hot. I feel sad but I know many people will not take nutrition advice that steers towards better health if it doesn't come from someone they see as "thin" enough. Will be an interesting time to move into stress management and nutrition coaching!

michael94

I have directed my annoying uncontrollable impulse to give people dietary advice into a career change. Unfortunately, despite feeling so much better than I've felt since about 18 I am not super thin and instagram hot. I feel sad but I know many people will not take nutrition advice that steers towards better health if it doesn't come from someone they see as "thin" enough. Will be an interesting time to move into stress management and nutrition coaching!
buena suerte

Arrade

Props on you. Ceritfications and recommendations/ commendations are big in the nutritionist game.

Arrade

This guy left the forum lol.
Tbh I'm not convinced of the herbivore things, especially since we own incisors and get nutrients strictly from meat.

Arrade

You know if you ate organic free range meat, like grass fed beef the mk4 would help with heart health. France is big on it and consequently have low incidence of heart disease... unlike the USA's corn and soy engorged cows

Herbie

Please refrain from giving unsolcitered advice to people on nutrition unless you want to alienate yourself from your fellow humans. Its like when the Mormons knock on the door, its awkward.

In my early twenties I was paid to give this advice but no longer want any part of anything like this in the real world. No one knows this about me, so these days I don’t divulge any knowledge or interest in the matter of health or nutrition to people in the real world, I dont want to talk about it or get into anything about it. So many people give me unsolicited advice on health and nutrition, Its become a trend, it’s such a turn off, I avoid these people afterwords, the further I can get away from them the better. I act dumb and say stupid things to them to confuse them, they appreciate it as much as I do their advice. It’s a great way to ruin relationships. To be told what to do by younger less healthy people is annoying to say the least and I do not care to go to war with them.

Authoritarianism turns off internal guidance but most have already had theirs turned off and further authority by advice on top of that doesn't seem to help. What I've observed is people can go from one authoritarian to another, or many at the same time. A good example is when people go from SAD to raw vegan to paleo to carnivore to "peating" they take Peats views as authoritarian which they are not and why people get confused by Peat, he is passive and has said that. I think peating is undervaluing the mans work. People live life and treat themselves as authoritarian especially over things they can control like food. Run from one authority to be welcomed by another and become one.

I know that people care more about being righteous than they really, really care, I do tend to think about the fall of christianity in the west and the rise of religious diet cults while religious programming remains imbedded in the psyche. Not only do we have a spiritual war, we face war from all planes and angles. We are pretty well stitched up.

I don't think humans can care about anyone really except people who they are deeply bonded to like a father to son and mother to daughter. Humans don't really care about strangers or can superficially perhaps even pretend to care for money but it doesn't appear to be sincere to me, the same sincereness I receive when people say sorry for doing something stupid which inconveniences me. Paying money for information/coaching/knowledge from someone who has earned it and is helping through service is not what I am talking about. Rendering service for money is absolutely ok and if people ask me I give as much as I can.

Last edited:

boris

This is an interesting perspective, because you always see people say, "Ray said" or: "Ray eats this", which is kind of a creepy, cult-like way of framing things that portrays zero ability to think for one's self. After nearly two years of eating in the ways perpetuated by the forum here, I am still not sure it makes total sense to me.

Actually reading Peats articles could help you make sense of it. Your first sentence is just hilarious, especially since it's coming from someone who's registered and posting on RAYPEATforum.com

Arnold Grape

Actually reading Peats articles could help you make sense of it. Your first sentence is just hilarious, especially since it's coming from someone who's registered and posting on RAYPEATforum.com
Calm down: I'm into it, but there's something about the group-think/ dogma that is creepy to me. I also think that Danny Roddy has an eating disorder and that taking aspirin daily is not good for everyone. Additionally, I think that it's comical to read posts about people governing the minutia of their hormonal spectrum by not eating a piece of corn. Or whatever.

boris

Sorry, I found it geniunely funny :lol:. But I get what you mean.

For me Peat exposed so much important stuff that nobody else talked about, so I'm always interested when someone quotes him, even if it's just his opinion or what he does personally. It's a great jumping off point to research or experiment further.

Additionally, I think that it's comical to read posts about people governing the minutia of their hormonal spectrum by not eating a piece of corn. Or whatever.

A lot of people are into extreme optimisation of their live, but they are so mislead most of the time that they accomplish the exact opposite of what they wanted (coffee kills you, 4 hours sleep is healthy, nutmilks because dairy is for baby cows, low carb veganism, etc). So yeah, overanalyzing the ingestion of a piece of corn is kinda comical, but I think it at least goes in a better direction ;).

Last edited:

Aaron

This guy left the forum lol.
Tbh I'm not convinced of the herbivore things, especially since we own incisors and get nutrients strictly from meat.

I was wondering what happened to him. He was actually one of the most balanced and measured players on the forum, and actually had results - he was shredded.

I'm back on the mostly vegan, mostly low-fat train. This forum is full of clueless people, much like the average forum or the average congregation of people who have the time to both discover a forum like this and post here. I still have disturbing and vivid memories of reading a guy's topic about losing weight by eating a diet high in sugar and saturated fat.

boris

Who thinks high sugar and high fat will make you lose wait? At least he came to the right place to learn better than that.

No one knows this about me, so these days I don’t divulge any knowledge or interest in the matter of health or nutrition to people in the real world, I dont want to talk about it or get into anything about it.

How do you deal with this? It's stressing me out when I keep my mouth shut while seeing someone eating food drenched in PUFA and complaining about their health issues. Or talking about how sugar and meat causes cancer.

It often resulted in them getting angry so mostly I keep silent. The PUFA thing I found it is easier to reach people by telling the pigs and paint story. Some are interested but keep eating PUFA anyways. Some switch to olive oil or butter after telling them, but having them check the labels and see that PUFA is in basically everything is a whole different story.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals