Penis Size When Working Out

frant26

Any time I'm working out my penis shrinks... a lot, like peanut size lol. Otherwise when flaccid it's smaller than average, but erect it's slighly above average size and I'm comfortable with that.

So, not concerned, simply curious as why this happens? I nohomo casually watched other guys pants (like joggings when working out in a group) and peanut size doesn't appear to be the norm.

Also, why do some of us have a bigger difference between flaccid and erect sizes? What hormones could this be due to?

TripleOG

Stress hormones.

Experienced the same thing when I regularly trained fasted during my intermittent fasting days. Same thing with low carb.

I would think that a man working out -- it is healthy for the penis to retract as a protective measure as in for instance cold weather. Maybe a man working out is stressing his body so much that the penis reacts to the stress by retracting.

Women are cursed with breast size comparisons, men with penis size comparisons. But neither matter.

A man's penis is a bit like an iceberg. Much of it is inside his body, the root of the penis. It can be mostly inside, or mostly outside, in a flaccid state. Women with small breasts can suckle a baby, and men with small penises can have great fulfilling sex lives. I doubt any hormone is responsible for the "show-er or grow-er" phenomenon.

OP
frant26

frant26

I would think that a man working out -- it is healthy for the penis to retract as a protective measure as in for instance cold weather. Maybe a man working out is stressing his body so much that the penis reacts to the stress by retracting.

Women are cursed with breast size comparisons, men with penis size comparisons. But neither matter.

A man's penis is a bit like an iceberg. Much of it is inside his body, the root of the penis. It can be mostly inside, or mostly outside, in a flaccid state. Women with small breasts can suckle a baby, and men with small penises can have great fulfilling sex lives. I doubt any hormone is responsible for the "show-er or grow-er" phenomenon.

Sure. I don't want to change anything. Wondering if that contraction means anything at all.

Stress hormones.

Experienced the same thing when I regularly trained fasted during my intermittent fasting days. Same thing with low carb.

Maybe stress hormones? I can feel it shrinking and getting stiffer even before starting to work out. I am not fasting, actually going well nourished.

blueorca

your blood when working out is circulating from your muscles, to lungs to heart etc so there is no need for it to go in your penis hence why it is smaller because its blood that makes the penis expand.

Luk3

Surely this is a case of the body prioritising blood to the area most required, like in sickness?

Runenight201

Working out usually shrinks my member too. I think it’s defintely blood flow related. More blood going to muscles, less to the penis.

I do know that when I’m feeling very good, dominant, like my hormones are vibing in positive directions, my penis and balls hang.

When I’m anxious, cold, or low energy, they shrivel up.

pisser

penis retraction is normal especially when you're engaged in physical or mental activity..

nitric oxide related

this may vary cause when I'm experiencing high NO symptoms, my privates are very "open" and "prepared". And this sometimes happens when I haven't exercized in a while, so it may in itself be a stress response, which may point towards the possibility that penis retraction (not shrinking) is a sign of low stress and not low libido cause libido is only partly sexual.

Last edited:

Runenight201

Yea the theory is that increased nitric oxide increases blood flow to the penis causing it to enlarge.

Sinjin

Working out the muscles of your lower body could create or worsen tension in the pelvic floor, which plays a large role in the function of your penis.

fradon

Any time I'm working out my penis shrinks... a lot, like peanut size lol. Otherwise when flaccid it's smaller than average, but erect it's slighly above average size and I'm comfortable with that.

So, not concerned, simply curious as why this happens? I nohomo casually watched other guys pants (like joggings when working out in a group) and peanut size doesn't appear to be the norm.

Also, why do some of us have a bigger difference between flaccid and erect sizes? What hormones could this be due to?

i get the same thing after drinking a coke or having a coffee. its ADREALINE which constricts the blood vessels and blood flow.

fradon

coke should do a number of things, increase adrenaline ain't one of em

why not it has caffeine doesn't it...sure it does...and caffiene raises adrealine and constrticts blood vessels which is why it can be good for head aches and migranes

>*From the National Headache Foundation: “Caffeine can be a headache trigger or headache inhibitor. Before a headache or migraine, blood vessels tend to enlarge. Because it contains “vasoconstrictive” properties that cause the blood vessels to narrow and restrict blood flow, caffeine can aid in head pain relief.*

Caffeine: Trigger or Treatment?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals