Penis shrinkage from exercise

Dr. B

Do you have to be very careful with exercise like cardio, walking or weight lifting. It seems these things can easily raise cortisol levels which would then negatively effect everything in the body and hair, all organs and etc?

I think it is just edema from training. Your body will prioritize blood flow to the skeletal muscle so your penis will shrivel up a bit. Should return to normal when you are done.

Gânico

Moderate exercise is good, quality muscle contractions stimulate anabolic and pro-metabolism hormonal production, you just have listen to your body, for it surely knows the difference between a stimulating and a stressful exercise routine.

OP
D

Dr. B

I think it is just edema from training. Your body will prioritize blood flow to the skeletal muscle so your penis will shrivel up a bit. Should return to normal when you are done.
during training, adrenaline and cortisol goes up hence the shrinkage.
But if you’re regularly lifting weights or doing cardio youre regularly raising cortisol levels. Is this why so many athletes and bodybuilders seem to have **** and hair problems...? Should we just avoid exercise entirely and lay around drinking milk etc. it seems very easy to overtrain and raise cortisol with weight lifting

OP
D

Dr. B

Moderate exercise is good, quality muscle contractions stimulate anabolic and pro-metabolism hormonal production, you just have listen to your body, for it surely knows the difference between a stimulating and a stressful exercise routine.
I dont know how to tell if the lifting is stimulating or stressful. I know i was obsessed with muscle mass , would rep weight till failure and more. Im not sure if chronically training hard, raises cortisol too much. Or can you counteract all the issues with training hard via just eating more carbs like stuffing more fruit juice down...? So if youre into training hard make sure you eat tons of carbs?

aniciete

during training, adrenaline and cortisol goes up hence the shrinkage.
But if you’re regularly lifting weights or doing cardio youre regularly raising cortisol levels. Is this why so many athletes and bodybuilders seem to have **** and hair problems...? Should we just avoid exercise entirely and lay around drinking milk etc. it seems very easy to overtrain and raise cortisol with weight lifting
Yeah just lay around drinking milk and see what happens

Gânico

I know i was obsessed with muscle mass , would rep weight till failure and more. Im not sure if chronically training hard, raises cortisol too much. Or can you counteract all the issues with training hard via just eating more carbs like stuffing more fruit juice down...? So if youre into training hard make sure you eat tons of carbs?
I was balls deep into bodybuilding when i was a teenager, and i f0cked my physiology with the "no pain, no gain/hardcore training" philosophy.

I've found that those training routines, especially high volume and constantly training to failure every set, will tax your body too much and eventually tank your metabolism.

It's good to take a break and resume the training with less stressful routines, but you have to experiment by yourself to see what works best for you and learn how to listen your body. i've found mike mentzer style training (very short and intense) to be the best for me, higher volume training spikes my stress hormones, even with lighter weights.

Nomane Euger

I dont know how to tell if the lifting is stimulating or stressful. I know i was obsessed with muscle mass , would rep weight till failure and more. Im not sure if chronically training hard, raises cortisol too much. Or can you counteract all the issues with training hard via just eating more carbs like stuffing more fruit juice down...? So if youre into training hard make sure you eat tons of carbs?
you can feel it,just think about doing the movement,you will either feel motivation to do it,or you will feel like you dont want to do it.

times i have enough energy,and i feel like my body want to moove and work out,the exercice will make me feel as good or even better
times i think about the movement,and i can feel in my muscles that i dont want to do it,and i do it,i dont feel better afterward or worst.

when i have enough energy i do a lot of "micro work outs"and i dont get muscle soreness and dont need to rest longer than minutes.eating a lot of carbs that make me feel in theory high CO2 producing give me the highest strengh,ease to do the exercice,quickest recovery between reps and series,and in theory not messing with DHT is crucial for quick recovery when i get muscles injuries.medium to hard muscle work out can easyly precipitate you in a worst state of health and energy if you do despit already not feeling good,not having high energy,and your body not wanting to do it.

Last edited:
OP
D

Dr. B

Yeah just lay around drinking milk and see what happens
Ive done it before, but i had a bit of a base to go off of since i had muscle mass and a high protein diet. Actually i got even leaner sticking to the same diet while totally removing cardio. People in the bodybuilding world wouldn’t understand it but it was obvious it must have been my cortisol dropped a lot without the cardio so i could maintain the same calories and actually get even a bit leaner.

OP
D

Dr. B

I was balls deep into bodybuilding when i was a teenager, and i f0cked my physiology with the "no pain, no gain/hardcore training" philosophy.

I've found that those training routines, especially high volume and constantly training to failure every set, will tax your body too much and eventually tank your metabolism.

It's good to take a break and resume the training with less stressful routines, but you have to experiment by yourself to see what works best for you and learn how to listen your body. i've found mike mentzer style training (very short and intense) to be the best for me, higher volume training spikes my stress hormones, even with lighter weights.
What about full body workouts 3x a week where you train every muscle, multiple sets reps exercises, rep range 8-12 reps. A heavy medium and light day...

Gânico

What about full body workouts 3x a week where you train every muscle, multiple sets reps exercises, rep range 8-12 reps. A heavy medium and light day...
I tried, but never felt good with fullbody routines, i prefer splitting into back,biceps/chest,triceps,shoulder/legs,calves, but as i said, it requires personal experimentation and the hability to listen to your body.

liam183

Full body weight training 3x a week like the old school guys used to do is not harmful. Make sure to feed yourself properly and have a healthy lifestyle outside of it too. Lots of raw milk, eggs, meat, organs, oysters, and gelatinous foods.

SamYo123

Instead of training muscles in isolation, work on the quality of your movement, like your gait cycle, its the very first movement you do and must be prioritized to starve the affects of gravity of a timeframe learn from the mistakes of how old people walk/move in their 60s+

Last edited:

RollingStone

Do you have to be very careful with exercise like cardio, walking or weight lifting. It seems these things can easily raise cortisol levels which would then negatively effect everything in the body and hair, all organs and etc?
Are you familiar with hormesis?

If one tries to avoid any and all forms of stress and always seeks comfort, there is no growth. Stress and breakdown are part of the cyclical process of growth, adaptation, improvement. This applies to many things, not just physical training.

What you want is not to avoid the stress of exercise, but not to overdo it to the point where your body can no longer recover and adapt from it.

OP
D

Dr. B

Full body weight training 3x a week like the old school guys used to do is not harmful. Make sure to feed yourself properly and have a healthy lifestyle outside of it too. Lots of raw milk, eggs, meat, organs, oysters, and gelatinous foods.
YEah the full body worked excellent for me, much better strength and muscular appearance with 3x a week fullbody compared to the bro split. I think with bro split you are basically doing endurance work cause once the volume gets high and you start lowering the weights youre doing like endurance weight lifting which still has its benefits.

Are you familiar with hormesis?

If one tries to avoid any and all forms of stress and always seeks comfort, there is no growth. Stress and breakdown are part of the cyclical process of growth, adaptation, improvement. This applies to many things, not just physical training.

What you want is not to avoid the stress of exercise, but not to overdo it to the point where your body can no longer recover and adapt from it.

Does Ray believe in that hormesis concept? Also are there situations where you need to avoid further stress entirely? For instance people with chronic fatigue syndrome, autoimmune issues, some people are so fatigued they can barely walk. Should those people focus on improving diet and environment until they can improve other things and start doing more physical stuff

Instead of training muscles in isolation, work on the quality of your movement, like your gait cycle, its the very first movement you do and must be prioritized to starve the affects of gravity of a timeframe learn from the mistakes of how old people walk/move in their 60s+

Interesting. You mean the way you walk can change gravity’s impact on your body? What’s the proper way to walk?

RollingStone

Also are there situations where you need to avoid further stress entirely? For instance people with chronic fatigue syndrome, autoimmune issues, some people are so fatigued they can barely walk. Should those people focus on improving diet and environment until they can improve other things and start doing more physical stuff

Sure, but if one's health is so deteriorated that they cannot barely move around, then I think penis size would be one of the least of their concerns.

A relatively healthy person however, would not want to avoid any and all stressors.

Jonk

I think a lot depends on your physiology and how biomechanically sound you are. If you have back or hip problems even a slow walk can quickly become taxing. And a lot of people may not even realize how many movement compensations we do when moving through space. I think physical activity needs to come with a great deal of awareness and with time we can be highly active if we go about it the right way.

SamYo123

YEah the full body worked excellent for me, much better strength and muscular appearance with 3x a week fullbody compared to the bro split. I think with bro split you are basically doing endurance work cause once the volume gets high and you start lowering the weights youre doing like endurance weight lifting which still has its benefits.

Does Ray believe in that hormesis concept? Also are there situations where you need to avoid further stress entirely? For instance people with chronic fatigue syndrome, autoimmune issues, some people are so fatigued they can barely walk. Should those people focus on improving diet and environment until they can improve other things and start doing more physical stuff

Interesting. You mean the way you walk can change gravity’s impact on your body? What’s the proper way to walk?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals