Pelvic Organ Prolapse And Solutions?

x-ray peat

Mine seems to go away cycle days 7-14 and progressively gets worse until my period is over.

I can't tell if the mixture it's making a difference! But I'm going to keep taking it just in case!
Thanks for the update. I hope it starts to help. btw after some googling I found some info on granulated sugar and prolapses. They mention that it has been tried on bovine uterine prolapses as well. Apparently it removes excess moisture from the prolapse and may also increase blood flow to the area. I am sure my girlfriend will think I got this idea from some perv but it may be worth a shot. (graphic image in the first link)

MMS: Error
Granulated Sugar as Healer – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)
."As has been previously described in the management of anal prolapse, bovine uterine prolapse, and (rarely) ileostomal prolapse, plain granulated sugar was applied to the mucosa of the prolapsed ileum to promote the osmotic shift of fluid out of the edematous tissue"

OP
PeatInspired

PeatInspired

Forum Supporter
Thanks for the update. I hope it starts to help. btw after some googling I found some info on granulated sugar and prolapses. They mention that it has been tried on bovine uterine prolapses as well. Apparently it removes excess moisture from the prolapse and may also increase blood flow to the area. I am sure my girlfriend will think I got this idea from some perv but it may be worth a shot. (graphic image in the first link)

MMS: Error
Granulated Sugar as Healer – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)
."As has been previously described in the management of anal prolapse, bovine uterine prolapse, and (rarely) ileostomal prolapse, plain granulated sugar was applied to the mucosa of the prolapsed ileum to promote the osmotic shift of fluid out of the edematous tissue"

Ohh interesting! Thanks for sharing.

Pompadour

Hollybea, hello and thank you for this topic!
I also have weak tissues and tendency to prolapses and hemorrhoids. I 've read a lot about Benita Cantieny and her special targeted exercises for strengthtening pelvic flour. I even start her excersises from time to time - but i am too lazy to make it all the time. Though when i make them i do feel the difference!
Maybe you will find it interesting also - look for "Tigerfeeling: The perfect pelvic floor training for men and women" by Benita Cantieni .

Astromamma

Hello!

I have minor prolapse of my pelvic organs largely due to a chronic lifelong cough (mostly under control now after finding the buteyko method of breathing) and probably high cortisol levels.

A friend had a consultation with Dr Peat and he suggested applying Progest-e mixed with DHEA- applied vaginally 2x per day for her prolapse. I wrote to him to confirm that it could be helpful in my case (I'm a younger woman, I thought the mixture may have been geared more toward post-menopausal women). And he suggested that it may indeed be helpful! "DHEA strengthens elastic tissues & with progesterone it opposes the effects of estrogen." -RP

So, I mix 100mg of DHEA in one small bottle of progest-e (34mL) really well and then apply olive oil first, followed by an approximately 1 inch long line of the DHEA/progest-e mixture vaginally. Morning and evening.

Too early to see if it's doing much, but my friend had really miraculous results! Her organs went back to their places!

I also practice "Whole Woman Posture" (google it). Seems like that is helping as well.
Mine seems to go away cycle days 7-14 and progressively gets worse until my period is over.

I can't tell if the mixture it's making a difference! But I'm going to keep taking it just in case!

Hello Hollybea,
I'm new to this forum and I LOVE it so far. Thank you for offering this info on female health. On the prolapse issue and DHEA Progest E recipe, I am about to mix this right now. I ordered the oil and took two 50 mg DHEA tablets and crushed them into powder. My question is, is this the exact recipe suggested by Ray Peat? So, it isn't good to use any more DHEA than 100 mg for the entire bottle? I'm no expert, but is this enough DHEA to work for numerous applications twice a day? I thought of making half the recipe, splitting the DHEA tablet as well as the Progest E oil in half in case I wanted to use the solution without the DHEA, but no matter where it is applied, it's probably a good idea to have both ingredients in it, right? I mean one can't be harmed by taking higher levels of DHEA, correct? Thank you, kindly.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
PeatInspired

PeatInspired

Forum Supporter
Hello Hollybea,
I'm new to this forum and I LOVE it so far. Thank you for offering this info on female health. On the prolapse issue and DHEA Progest E recipe, I am about to mix this right now. I ordered the oil and took two 50 mg DHEA tablets and crushed them into powder. My question is, is this the exact recipe suggested by Ray Peat? So, it isn't good to use any more DHEA than 100 mg for the entire bottle? I'm no expert, but is this enough DHEA to work for numerous applications twice a day? I thought of making half the recipe, splitting the DHEA tablet as well as the Progest E oil in half in case I wanted to use the solution without the DHEA, but no matter where it is applied, it's probably a good idea to have both ingredients in it, right? I mean one can't be harmed by taking higher levels of DHEA, correct? Thank you, kindly.

I'm sorry, I don't know the answer! That's a great question though.

OP
PeatInspired

PeatInspired

Forum Supporter
Also update:

I just found out that dhea is not recommended during pregnancy. Don't do what I did! Use dhea w/progest-e up until pregnant and the discontinue.

Here's hoping my baby comes out ok o_O

OP
PeatInspired

PeatInspired

Forum Supporter
Also update:

I just found out that dhea is not recommended during pregnancy. Don't do what I did! Use dhea w/progest-e up until pregnant and the discontinue.

Here's hoping my baby comes out ok o_O

Although women who takes it for fertility typically take 75mg per day, and I was taking waaaaay less- only micrograms per day. So I'm sure I'll be fine.

mae

I am in menopause for about 1 year and have a grade 2 Cystocele and grade 1 rectocele.
Lately I've been mixing pansterone, simply progesterone and melted cocoa butter together and putting it in a candy mold to make easy to use vaginal suppositories and that seems to be the most helpful thing I've tried so far for my prolapses. I decided to do this after reading @Hollybea's post on using dhea in progest-e vaginally. Thank you so much Hollybea.

I believe standing on bicycle pedals and "pumping" the pedals, like when you were a kid with a one speed bike up a steep hill, is the key exercise that strengthens the pelvic floor. It can resolve ED in some men for this reason, and fix urinary incontinence in women and probably prevent the need for surgery.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Hello Hollybea,
Sorry, I realize this is old but I was thinking that since Intrarosa (one pharma version of vaginal DHEA) is dosed at 6.5 mg nightly I suppose we could use that as a starting point for our home versions and then adjust according to our own needs?

OP
PeatInspired

PeatInspired

Forum Supporter
Sorry, I realize this is old but I was thinking that since Intrarosa (one pharma version of vaginal DHEA) is dosed at 6.5 mg nightly I suppose we could use that as a starting point for our home versions and then adjust according to our own needs?

I'm not sure, RP is always very cautious about dhea. But I think his Max recommended daily is still higher than 6.5mg. Anyone else know rp's mg recommendation on dhea? I can't remember!

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I believe standing on bicycle pedals and "pumping" the pedals, like when you were a kid with a one speed bike up a steep hill, is the key exercise that strengthens the pelvic floor. It can resolve ED in some men for this reason, and fix urinary incontinence in women and probably prevent the need for surgery.
It seems like that would be highly beneficial. In advanced cases some women might need a pessary to hold everything in proper position while doing the exercises.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I'm not sure, RP is always very cautious about dhea. But I think his Max recommended daily is still higher than 6.5mg. Anyone else know rp's mg recommendation on dhea? I can't remember!
Yeah I think you're right. It seems like @haidut might know off the top of his busy head since he has researched it so much. I thought I remembered reading a max of 15 mg daily in divided doses but don't hold me to it! That was for systemic uses I believe and local application specifically to the vagina may not result in much systemic absorption. That's what the proponents of vaginal estrogen claim anyway-that once the tissue is repaired from the thin fragile state (that can happen in menopause) there is supposedly not much that moves beyond that local tissue. The Interosa might be a low dose of dhea simply because it's used for vaginal atrophy which might not require as much as a prolapse might need. Hopefully someone who knows more will enter the discussion! Sorry if I got you worried needlessly @Hollybea.

Jennifer

With prolapsed conditions a.k.a connective tissue weaknesses (dropping of skin, bladder, uterus, bowels and other organs), I would get my parathyroid (PTH) and calcium checked. Calcium requires a parathyroid hormone (parathormone) so it can be used by your body.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
With prolapsed conditions a.k.a connective tissue weaknesses (dropping of skin, bladder, uterus, bowels and other organs), I would get my parathyroid (PTH) and calcium checked. Calcium requires a parathyroid hormone (parathormone) so it can be used by your body.
Oh wow, thanks @Jennifer! What an intriguing new angle.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Yeah I think you're right. It seems like @haidut might know off the top of his busy head since he has researched it so much. I thought I remembered reading a max of 15 mg daily in divided doses but don't hold me to it! That was for systemic uses I believe and local application specifically to the vagina may not result in much systemic absorption. That's what the proponents of vaginal estrogen claim anyway-that once the tissue is repaired from the thin fragile state (that can happen in menopause) there is supposedly not much that moves beyond that local tissue. The Interosa might be a low dose of dhea simply because it's used for vaginal atrophy which might not require as much as a prolapse might need. Hopefully someone who knows more will enter the discussion! Sorry if I got you worried needlessly @Hollybea.

The 15mg max daily dose is based on studies with women and found beyond this dose estrogen starts to rise. The 6.5mg and 3.25mg doses are based again on studies with women for post-menopausal issues like vaginal dryness, hotflashes, sour mood, etc. As far as I remember, the 3.25mg dose worked even better than the 6.5mg dose. Given the high propensity of DHEA to turn into estrogen under stress I would use the lowest dose shown to work (3.25mg). Low dose does not always mean less effective. Often, with steroids less is more. The studies with 3.25mg/6.5mg used vaginal suppositories, so intravaginal placement of DHEA dissolved in tocopherols/oil seems like the best option to replicate the studies.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
The 15mg max daily dose is based on studies with women and found beyond this dose estrogen starts to rise. The 6.5mg and 3.25mg doses are based again on studies with women for post-menopausal issues like vaginal dryness, hotflashes, sour mood, etc. As far as I remember, the 3.25mg dose worked even better than the 6.5mg dose. Given the high propensity of DHEA to turn into estrogen under stress I would use the lowest dose shown to work (3.25mg). Low dose does not always mean less effective. Often, with steroids less is more. The studies with 3.25mg/6.5mg used vaginal suppositories, so intravaginal placement of DHEA dissolved in tocopherols/oil seems like the best option to replicate the studies.
Thanks so much @haidut for the explanation.

Amazigh

Hyaluronic acid better than estrogen for vaginal atrophy AND urinary incontinence associated with menopause... From the conclusion:

"According to the results of the present study, hyaluronic acid and conjugated estrogen improved the symptoms of vaginal atrophy. But hyaluronic acid was more effective and this drug is suggested for those who do not want to or cannot take local hormone treatment."
Comparison of the Hyaluronic Acid Vaginal Cream and Conjugated Estrogen Used in Treatment of Vaginal Atrophy of Menopause Women: A Randomized Controlled Clinical Trial

I'm going to try to make my own glycerogelatin-based hyaluronic acid suppositories with a little dhea in it.

Hopefully it'll make a dent on my atrophy and cystocele/urethrocele.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals