Pebble Poop After Starting Minocycline

RayPeatFan777

what could that indicate? think im a bit constipated now, where as I wernt at all before. Im going back and forth to the bathroom just to release a small pebble and sometimes nothing even though i feel like I need to go.

Last edited:

Vinny

what could that indicate? think im a bit constipated now, where as I wernt at all before. Im going back and forth to the bathroom just to release a small pebble and sometimes nothing even though i feel like I need to go.
Wow!
I,ve got EXACTLY the same issues - pebble like and constipated, after Doxycycline! Was just going to make a thread!
Don,t know what to do... it,s not good at all like this, but from a flip side, Doxy 2x50mg completely eliminated my acne... Hope someone knows!

RayPeatFan777

Wow!
I,ve got EXACTLY the same issues - pebble like and constipated, after Doxycycline! Was just going to make a thread!
Don,t know what to do... it,s not good at all like this, but from a flip side, Doxy 2x50mg completely eliminated my acne...
Yeah I always did frequent poops before and they wernt constipated at all. Hmm, I have no idea.

RayPeatFan777

ME:
Hello, I was wondering if this made any sense to you? Ive always pooped regularly and still am after starting minocyclin but now I only pass small pebbles of poop. Im only a few days into minocyclin. Could positive things be happening?

Then 1 hour later I sent this: ah, im constipated. Could the bacteria that I possibly killed have been masking constipation caused by low thyroid?

RP reply to my first message: I think that indicates intestinal inflammation.

then he sent me another message straight after: I would guess that it was a reaction to the minocycline itself.

Ive stopped the drug, hope things go back to normal.

Vinny

ME:
Hello, I was wondering if this made any sense to you? Ive always pooped regularly and still am after starting minocyclin but now I only pass small pebbles of poop. Im only a few days into minocyclin. Could positive things be happening?

Then 1 hour later I sent this: ah, im constipated. Could the bacteria that I possibly killed have been masking constipation caused by low thyroid?

RP reply to my first message: I think that indicates intestinal inflammation.

then he sent me another message straight after: I would guess that it was a reaction to the minocycline itself.

Ive stopped the drug, hope things go back to normal.
Thank you. I hope you get well soon.
I cut half my dose, will see if that would change something.

Birdie

Same problem here. I'm taking 50 mg doxy on MWF only. Pulsing according to Road Back protocol.
But I don't think I'll be getting to 100 mg.

I've recently upped my Mg glycinate. I use Pure Magnesium glycinate 120 mg. Three times a day now.
Also have started back on the raw carrot, although I'd been using the well cooked minced mushrooms.

Trying to think of what else might weigh in here.
Yes, I've also started back on gelatin. Bit with coffee and making jello again.
That would help with healing inflammation in colon, so might be part of what's helping.

RayPeatFan777

Same problem here. I'm taking 50 mg doxy on MWF only. Pulsing according to Road Back protocol.
But I don't think I'll be getting to 100 mg.

I've recently upped my Mg glycinate. I use Pure Magnesium glycinate 120 mg. Three times a day now.
Also have started back on the raw carrot, although I'd been using the well cooked minced mushrooms.

Trying to think of what else might weigh in here.
Yes, I've also started back on gelatin. Bit with coffee and making jello again.
That would help with healing inflammation in colon, so might be part of what's helping.
Erythromycin did the same too. What is the road back protocol?

Birdie

Sorry, not get it.
You mean you had the pebbles on Doxy, but you improved anyway?

Okay, will try that again:

That means that I am still using Doxy, yes, but using it at a dose of 50 mg three times a week.
And that dose was giving me pebbles. (I only used 100 mg three times a week for a short while.)

But, now, with the changes I described, no more pebbles.
I think the changes (magnesium glycinate) made the difference in the stools. I think!

Then, in addition, I think the added gelatin should be healing the gut, along with other benefits of it.
Ray talks a lot about gelatin and healing the gut as I recall.

Birdie

Erythromycin did the same too. What is the road back protocol?
Road Back is a protocol for healing some stuff. I started it years ago under the Marshall Protocol.

There is a website and also some people doing the thing and talking about results too.
Ray is not averse to Doxy, but doesn't discuss this protocol as far as I know.

Just do a search. :):