“Peaty” Sweets, Sauces, Starches & Other Splurges

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I am going to save this recipe here for orange marmalade without pectin, to make soon…

This recipe was excellent! I made an orange one and then a lemon one with Meyer’s lemons from my tree. The lemon one needs more sugar. Soaking the sliced fruit in water overnight not only drew out it’s natural pectin, but it softened the bitterness in the peel. It is best marmalade I have ever had!

1706128189369.png

1706128218480.png

1706128244928.jpeg

OP
Rinse & rePeat
Just wanted to everyone know that I am creating my own site where all my “Peaty” recipes will be well organized. I hope to see you there when I get some content in. Leave me a message at the email address below so I can put you on my mailing list and contact you when it is ready to go!

My website is: www.raymendeat.com

Ray_Mend_Eat

Email me at [email protected]

OP
Rinse & rePeat
For further updates on the recipes at raymendeat.com I can be found on Instagram @raymendeat

OP
Rinse & rePeat
I ate hominy often in my teen years, when I would visit my father. Back then I ate yellow hominy, but nowadays I like the white hominy. To me it is a better masa, not being dry. I just heat it up with butter and salt, for a good five minutes, until a little soft. Here is the nutrition facts…

Hominy Nutrition Facts​

Hominy is considered to be a nutritious food that is sold in a variety of forms. Whole and ground forms are available in both white and yellow variants.
One cup (165 grams) of whole, canned white hominy contains 17 percent of the recommended dietary allowance (RDA) for fiber and 5 percent of the RDA for protein. White hominy is a good source of omega-6 fatty acids. It has few vitamins — just 1 percent of riboflavin (vitamin B2) and 3 percent of vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid) per cup — but is rich in various minerals. Each cup of white hominy has:

• Iron: 6 percent of the RDA
  • Magnesium: 7 percent of the RDA
  • Manganese: 6 percent of the RDA
  • Phosphorus: 6 percent of the RDA
  • Selenium: 7 percent of the RDA
  • Zinc: 12 percent of the RDA
White hominy also has small amounts (between 1 and 4 percent) of other minerals, like calcium and copper. Yellow hominy has similar vitamins and minerals compared to white hominy. Yellow hominy also has small amounts of vitamin A (about 4 percent of the RDA per cup), but could otherwise be considered the same nutritionally as white hominy.”

1707161647067.png

Back
Top Bottom