Peaty Stock Market: CohBar ($CWBR) first Mitochondrial Therapy pharmaceutical company

IROM

Hi guys! Been applying Peaty knowledge to the stock market and am accumulating CohBar for the long term. Company is using mitochondrial enzymes to treat insulin resistance, fatty liver disease and obesity. Knowing that these conditions are basically caused by poor glucose metabolism and that recent studies have brought down leftover glucose (probably by inhibiting the process of insulin resistance by blocking hydrogen peroxide's effect on the mitchondria) I am feeling pretty reassured that this stock will be a promising reorientation of the pharmaceutical industry.

That being said... a diet is probably much cheaper. Let me know what you guys think!

CohBar Announces Positive Topline Results from the Phase 1a/1b Study of CB4211 Under Development for NASH and Obesity:

“The results from the Phase 1b CB4211 study are promising,” stated Dr. Rohit Loomba, MD, MHSc, Professor of Medicine, Director, NAFLD Research Center, and Director of Hepatology, University of California at San Diego. “Demonstrating significant reductions of this magnitude in both serum ALT and AST relative to placebo after only four weeks suggests a potential for improvement in liver health if we continue to see further improvements over a longer period of time in patients with NASH. Improvements in serum ALT and AST are key predictors of histologic response independent of liver fat change; CB4211 shows great promise as a potential candidate for further development in NASH for this growing epidemic of silent and progressive liver disease.”

Dr. B

Hi guys! Been applying Peaty knowledge to the stock market and am accumulating CohBar for the long term. Company is using mitochondrial enzymes to treat insulin resistance, fatty liver disease and obesity. Knowing that these conditions are basically caused by poor glucose metabolism and that recent studies have brought down leftover glucose (probably by inhibiting the process of insulin resistance by blocking hydrogen peroxide's effect on the mitchondria) I am feeling pretty reassured that this stock will be a promising reorientation of the pharmaceutical industry.

That being said... a diet is probably much cheaper. Let me know what you guys think!

CohBar Announces Positive Topline Results from the Phase 1a/1b Study of CB4211 Under Development for NASH and Obesity:

thats interesting stuff mate.

can you talk about, what increases hydrogen peroxide and what decreases it?
I think this hydrogen peroxide is behind many side effects from many supplements like iodine.
ive heard the catalase enzyme, found in liver and maybe other foods,
as well as, glutathione, can help regenerate and to excrete or get rid of hydrogen peroxide or turn it to water

How are they "using" mitochondrial enzymes? Aren't those cells in your body that create energy? I don't understand what it is, some kind of metacation to increase energy output like thyroid?

tankasnowgod

If you think this company is "Peaty," it's pretty clear you don't understand Ray Peat's general philosophy of health. Especially since David Sinclair is listed as one of the founders.

OP
IROM

IROM

thats interesting stuff mate.

can you talk about, what increases hydrogen peroxide and what decreases it?
I think this hydrogen peroxide is behind many side effects from many supplements like iodine.
ive heard the catalase enzyme, found in liver and maybe other foods,
as well as, glutathione, can help regenerate and to excrete or get rid of hydrogen peroxide or turn it to water
So Chris Masterjohn has a good video on the H2O2 relationship to insulin resistance and obesity. Starting at about 4:00.

View: https://youtu.be/N0XnXWM-92M?t=239

Now how the CWBR mitochondrial peptides work in this context... I don't know yet. But they are certainly related given the good test results. I imagine the peptides control the creation of oxidants and cell apoptosis and by manipulating them these functions can be turned on or off or rebalanced.

"Mitochondrial-Derived Peptides (MDPs) Novel mitochondrial-derived peptides (MDPs), which are encoded within the mtDNA, serve as signals for organism cytoprotection and energy regulation. The MDPs encoded from the 16S rRNA region of the mtDNA include Humanin and SHLPs, which regulate cell survival and growth via distinct pathways."

Also Dan Patterson, you're welcome. I am HODLing because I believe they are in the right ballpark even if they are going about things in a hamfisted way.

@tankasnowgod

Brotha, it's ball park Peaty but now I am super interested in David Sinclair. But mitochondrial therapy for diabetes, fatty liver and obesity is definitely a good turn. Please help me out though with the criticism because maybe I am wrong and if you can provide some evidence that they treatment is a bad idea, as an investor, I am really interested to know why. The company is named for Nir Barzilai , and Pinchas Cohen. Coh Bar and not 100% on board with David Sinclair's philosophy; however, they do encourage intermittent fasting.

Check out some of their work:

Last edited:
OP
IROM

IROM

UPDATE: I have been reading their flagship product powerpoint. Check it out.
NASH.PNG

Also bonus: they use Lipopolysaccharide to induce ARDS in their lab mice and are using mitochondrial enzymes (apelin agonist) which allows for oxygen flow to cells.
LPS MENTION IN ARDS.PNG

tankasnowgod

@tankasnowgod

Brotha, it's ball park Peaty
Ain't the same ballpark. Ain't the same game. The idea that Peat would be fond of an upstart biotech drug company is laughable, if you have any idea of his basic ideas and principles around health, and the healthcare industry.
but now I am super interested in David Sinclair.
Peat wrote an article titled "Don't fall for the Resveratrol Scam," which mentions Sinclair's company being purchased by Glaxo in the very first sentence.

A year ago GlaxoSmithKline bought Sirtris, a company focusing on the biological effects of resveratrol, for $720,000,000. Harvard Medical School’s website, and broadcasts by Barbara Walters and Morley Safer have publicized resveratrol as a longevity-increasing drug, and millions of people are spending large amounts of money for resveratrol capsules.

I'd think Peat would think Sinclair's involvement with any company would be a huge Red Flag, not to mention he's not a fan of novel drugs anyway.

But mitochondrial therapy for diabetes, fatty liver and obesity is definitely a good turn.
Lol, just because you label something "mitochondrial therapy" doesn't mean that it will be beneficial to mitochondria, or the organism as a whole. SSRI's have been called "Antidepresants" for decades, yet they radically increase suicides in those taking them.
Please help me out though with the criticism because maybe I am wrong and if you can provide some evidence that they treatment is a bad idea, as an investor, I am really interested to know why.
Well, I can't provide that evidence, because their treatment doesn't exist. They don't seem to have any products available to the public (so, like Moderna before the demonvaxes, in that respect). The press release was trumpeting successful Phase 1 research. This means it's in the earliest phases of research, and they are simply finding out what doses are potentially harmful or lethal. Assuming there is no EUA for diabetes/NAFLD/Obesity (who knows nowadays), that would suggest that this drug is at least 3-4 years from reaching market, if it's even successful (a big if). Even then, Peat wouldn't touch or recommend the therapy for at least 20 years.
The company is named for Nir Barzilai , and Pinchas Cohen. Coh Bar and not 100% on board with David Sinclair's philosophy; however, they do encourage intermittent fasting.

Intermittent Fasting? Bruh, do you even Peat, Bro?

Not only do I think this company isn't the slightest bit "Peaty," it doesn't strike me as a good investment in general. At least it's basically a penny stock, so "high risk, high reward."

OP
IROM

IROM

Ain't the same ballpark. Ain't the same game. The idea that Peat would be fond of an upstart biotech drug company is laughable, if you have any idea of his basic ideas and principles around health, and the healthcare industry.

Peat wrote an article titled "Don't fall for the Resveratrol Scam," which mentions Sinclair's company being purchased by Glaxo in the very first sentence.

I'd think Peat would think Sinclair's involvement with any company would be a huge Red Flag, not to mention he's not a fan of novel drugs anyway.

Lol, just because you label something "mitochondrial therapy" doesn't mean that it will be beneficial to mitochondria, or the organism as a whole. SSRI's have been called "Antidepresants" for decades, yet they radically increase suicides in those taking them.

Well, I can't provide that evidence, because their treatment doesn't exist. They don't seem to have any products available to the public (so, like Moderna before the demonvaxes, in that respect). The press release was trumpeting successful Phase 1 research. This means it's in the earliest phases of research, and they are simply finding out what doses are potentially harmful or lethal. Assuming there is no EUA for diabetes/NAFLD/Obesity (who knows nowadays), that would suggest that this drug is at least 3-4 years from reaching market, if it's even successful (a big if). Even then, Peat wouldn't touch or recommend the therapy for at least 20 years.

Intermittent Fasting? Bruh, do you even Peat, Bro?

Not only do I think this company isn't the slightest bit "Peaty," it doesn't strike me as a good investment in general. At least it's basically a penny stock, so "high risk, high reward."
Brotha, I think you misunderstood me. I was trying to concede some points to you.

The work they are doing with mitochondrial therapy are Peaty and vindicating, specifically targeting FFA and NO. While Peat has much more practical and inexpensive methods of treatment. CWBR is vindicating some of his research through a completely different approach. If you know how to connect the dots you can realize their stuff is pro-Peat despite coming from a more establishment direction. Remember we still live in a world that believes Diabetes is caused by too much sugar so vindicating a few stepping stones which can be used as evidence of the superiority of the metabolic model is important.

One thing that makes me suspicious is that the people in the "Healthspan" movement do tend to promote intermittent fasting. I said I was interested in Sinclair because I want to see what Peat has to say about him, not because I am actually interested in his wares. I do however think that CWBR is more of the work of the name sakes than Sinclair.

Some of their reading materials are interesting to compare and contrast with Peatarian views:

This Snippet is interesting because it posits that the mitochondrion actually has its own endocrine/hormone-like peptides which regulate metabolism outside of the the mitochondrion. This is proving to be a much less differentiated system than main stream medicine would posit.
1632371649015.png

jnklheimer

I’m not sure how much you’ve read this forum but there are probably multiple posts about how things like niacinamide and caffeine, as examples can cure NAFLD.

I remember shortly after David Sinclair earned $600-700million from GSK, he was on YouTube begging for donations to fund his further research.

Last edited:
OP
IROM

IROM

This isn't David Sinclair's research though... It may be associated with him but it is the Coh and Bar who are the minds behind this.

Also yes I said that Ray Peat has much cheaper and less (possibly) disruptive solutions. However, those solutions are not marketable drugs and therefore will never be let to see that market. The results CWBR is seeing are interesting because they may positively influence main stream healthcare and therefore be more receptive to Peatarian ideas.

I just know based on the theoretical stuff, because of Peat, that these drugs will work for some of the purposes very well and so I am DCAing for longterm 2-5 years. There will unfortunately never be a NASDAQ listing for Ray Peat Forum or IdeaLabs so as an investor I've got to take what is available. I think it represents the closest thing to Peatarian that is main stream and so I know they will have some success.

OP
IROM

IROM

pinchas screen shot.PNG

Dr. B

I’m not sure how much you’ve read this forum but there are probably multiple posts about how things like niacinamide and caffeine, as examples can cure NAFLD.

I remember shortly after David Sinclair earned $600-700million from GSK, he was on YouTube begging for donations to fund his further research.
i thought niacinamide can actually exacerbate it mate due to its depletion of methyl groups needed for liver detox
caffeine makes sense, btw doesnt caffeine boost both sugar oxidation and lipolysis

tankasnowgod

Brotha, I think you misunderstood me. I was trying to concede some points to you.
This isn't about "points." This is about the fact that you don't understand some of Ray Peat's core ideas.
The work they are doing with mitochondrial therapy are Peaty and vindicating, specifically targeting FFA and NO. While Peat has much more practical and inexpensive methods of treatment.
You forgot "well tested" and "effective." I'd take that over unproven, poorly tested, and unavailable treatments any day of the week.
CWBR is vindicating some of his research through a completely different approach. If you know how to connect the dots you can realize their stuff is pro-Peat despite coming from a more establishment direction.
I doubt it. But, no need to argue. Email Ray Peat directly, and ask him what he thinks of this company, and their research.
Remember we still live in a world that believes Diabetes is caused by too much sugar so vindicating a few stepping stones which can be used as evidence of the superiority of the metabolic model is important.
The "world" doesn't believe anything, it's certain scientists and people that do.
One thing that makes me suspicious is that the people in the "Healthspan" movement do tend to promote intermittent fasting. I said I was interested in Sinclair because I want to see what Peat has to say about him, not because I am actually interested in his wares. I do however think that CWBR is more of the work of the name sakes than Sinclair.
Did you read Peat's article on Resveratrol? Search his interviews over the years? I don't think Peat is at all interested in Sinclair's work, and a lot of Sinclair's ideas are antithetical to Peat's.

The headline of this thread is "Peaty Stock Market." Over the years of listening to Peat, I don't think he is fan of the current model of medicine, or the stock market. If you've listened to speeches by Patrick Byrne, you would question having any money in the stock market, as no one really "owns" the shares of stock they think they do.

tankasnowgod

Also yes I said that Ray Peat has much cheaper and less (possibly) disruptive solutions. However, those solutions are not marketable drugs and therefore will never be let to see that market.

Ah, so we should forgo cheap, effective solutions with mild side effects (if any), so that some drug company can profit on more dangerous and less effective products? Not only is this logic TERRIBLE, but it goes against Peat's core ideas. Even if you think this is a "better" way forward, there is nothing "Peaty" about this concept.

jnklheimer

This isn't David Sinclair's research though... It may be associated with him but it is the Coh and Bar who are the minds behind this.

Also yes I said that Ray Peat has much cheaper and less (possibly) disruptive solutions. However, those solutions are not marketable drugs and therefore will never be let to see that market. The results CWBR is seeing are interesting because they may positively influence main stream healthcare and therefore be more receptive to Peatarian ideas.

I just know based on the theoretical stuff, because of Peat, that these drugs will work for some of the purposes very well and so I am DCAing for longterm 2-5 years. There will unfortunately never be a NASDAQ listing for Ray Peat Forum or IdeaLabs so as an investor I've got to take what is available. I think it represents the closest thing to Peatarian that is main stream and so I know they will have some success.
heh, still not buying your bags.

OP
IROM

IROM

Ah, so we should forgo cheap, effective solutions with mild side effects (if any), so that some drug company can profit on more dangerous and less effective products? Not only is this logic TERRIBLE, but it goes against Peat's core ideas. Even if you think this is a "better" way forward, there is nothing "Peaty" about this concept.
Dude, I didn't say that. This isn't a Peatarian cult. Chill out. I posted this for people who were interested.

OP
IROM

IROM

heh, still not buying your bags.
I'm not selling. It's like some of you people want to be endlessly rebellious. Did you not notice Giorgi has cited Pinchas Cohen before?

tankasnowgod

Dude, I didn't say that. This isn't a Peatarian cult. Chill out. I posted this for people who were interested.
I don't think it's "cultish" to point out that the company you discussed goes against Peat's core ideas.

This isn't an investment forum, either, and before posting your stock picks, maybe you should post your track record trading stocks?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom