Peaty Snacks Master List

noordinary

On top of cottage cheese with jam, my other two favorite snacks are:
Calamari rings
- boil squid u-5 (the size of a mens palm, i buy at asian store) for 1-2 minutes, cool, cut off top and bottom, cut the rest of the body into rings
- for sauce 1 tbls mct oil & 1 tsp olive oil warm up add 1 tsp thyme leaves and 1 little piece of garlic finely chopped (optional), take of stove add 1 tbls fresh squeezed lemon juice, 1 tsp white wine vinegar, 1 tsp dijon mustard and salt, mix, pour on calamary rings, add 1 tbls finely chopped parsley
Cool in the fridge for an hour, enjoy (do not store for longer than couple days, but it will not last anyways, delish)
image1-4.jpeg image2-3.jpeg
Beef tongue (good alternative to meat as it is low in tryptophan, methionine and cystine, high in glycine, see amino acids profile
Beef, variety meats and by-products, tongue, raw Nutrition Facts & Calories)
but high in fat, that will partially leak into the broth during cooking though.
May sound yak, but i once was at a very conservative catholic thanksgiving dinner (sounds like I'm giving catholic-conservative a bad rep LOL) and was asked to make and bring something special, so i made beef tongue and it was gone fast, everybody loved it, so worth giving a try.
- Boil the tongue for 2-3 hours, the better the tongue the faster it will be cooked, untill easily poked with the fork (i buy local organic grass-fed and after 2 hours it is tender to perfection)
- take out the tongue out of the broth on a large enough plate and skin it (that is tricky cause you can only skin it when its hot, i use rubber gloves to avoid a burn lol, my mom can do it much more graciously with a fork and a knife), throw away skin (its no good even for the dog), cool, store in the fridge, serve sliced with sauce
- original sauce is black redish+hourse redish+skinless tomato all finely shredded with salt (with lots of tears during making lol), but i get lazy and eat it with pre made pico de gallo on even salsa sometimes.
image3-2.jpeg

B

Braveheart

On top of cottage cheese with jam, my other two favorite snacks are:
Calamari rings
- boil squid u-5 (the size of a mens palm, i buy at asian store) for 1-2 minutes, cool, cut off top and bottom, cut the rest of the body into rings
- for sauce 1 tbls mct oil & 1 tsp olive oil warm up add 1 tsp thyme leaves and 1 little piece of garlic finely chopped (optional), take of stove add 1 tbls fresh squeezed lemon juice, 1 tsp white wine vinegar, 1 tsp dijon mustard and salt, mix, pour on calamary rings, add 1 tbls finely chopped parsley
Cool in the fridge for an hour, enjoy (do not store for longer than couple days, but it will not last anyways, delish)
View attachment 7576 View attachment 7577
Beef tongue (good alternative to meat as it is low in tryptophan, methionine and cystine, high in glycine, see amino acids profile
Beef, variety meats and by-products, tongue, raw Nutrition Facts & Calories)
but high in fat, that will partially leak into the broth during cooking though.
May sound yak, but i once was at a very conservative catholic thanksgiving dinner (sounds like I'm giving catholic-conservative a bad rep LOL) and was asked to make and bring something special, so i made beef tongue and it was gone fast, everybody loved it, so worth giving a try.
- Boil the tongue for 2-3 hours, the better the tongue the faster it will be cooked, untill easily poked with the fork (i buy local organic grass-fed and after 2 hours it is tender to perfection)
- take out the tongue out of the broth on a large enough plate and skin it (that is tricky cause you can only skin it when its hot, i use rubber gloves to avoid a burn lol, my mom can do it much more graciously with a fork and a knife), throw away skin (its no good even for the dog), cool, store in the fridge, serve sliced with sauce
- original sauce is black redish+hourse redish+skinless tomato all finely shredded with salt (with lots of tears during making lol), but i get lazy and eat it with pre made pico de gallo on even salsa sometimes.
View attachment 7579
Yes! cold/warm w horseradish sauce... or dipped in flour and egg then pan fried

shepherdgirl

ricotta with: homemade marmalade; cooked apples and pears; salted honey
coconut oil-roasted potato slices with salt or homemade bbq seasoning
cold brew with milk/sugar/salt/collagen on a hot day

It would be nice to have a reference list for foods that are palatable and enjoyable to eat, while still adhering to Peat guidelines:

- No starch
- Low PUFA
- Low in cysteine, tryptophan, and methionine
- Low in anti-nutrients (phytates, goitrogens, etc.)

Also, no common mono foods; e.g. an orange. In a concise format, please list your most delicious Peaty foods that make you feel good after you eat them!

Here's mine:

- Cottage cheese w/ salt and honey
- Berries (dried included) with milk and sugar
- Chocolate melted over fruit (bananas, dried fruit)
- Ice cream (of course)
My wasabi eggs are reminiscent of sushi! I put a little coconut mct to moisten the egg a bit and dodge the PUFA's.

Attachments

• 20201217_161859.jpg
    20201217_161859.jpg
    445.1 KB · Views: 26

sladerunner69

My wasabi eggs are reminiscent of sushi! I put a little coconut mct to moisten the egg a bit and dodge the PUFA's.

Those look delightful! I always enjoy finding knew ways to prepare eggs. Scrambled eggs can be delicious but sometimes dry and boring. Soft boiled is the same way, you really have to cook them perfectl;y to get them right!

Those look delightful! I always enjoy finding knew ways to prepare eggs. Scrambled eggs can be delicious but sometimes dry and boring. Soft boiled is the same way, you really have to c
Those look delightful! I always enjoy finding knew ways to prepare eggs. Scrambled eggs can be delicious but sometimes dry and boring. Soft boiled is the same way, you really have to cook them perfectl;y to get them right!

Thanks! At first i put on a couple of drops of MCT to mitigate the PUFA's, but realized later that it really saves a dry boiled egg too!

I'll have to remember that one! and grab some MCT oil the next time Im in a health food store.
Another unusual and yummy way I like to have an egg is a sweet and salty Asian version, fried with a pinch of Chinese 5-Spice and salt, then garnished with a sprinkle of coconut Aminos and chopped green onion. It is exotic and so flavorful!

Callmestar

Found this thread while searching for Peaty snacks to keep me eating regularly throughout the day. Some very useful suggestions so thought I'd give it a bump.

I struggle to stomach straight liver but have found some nice liver pates that I'm having some of as a snack here and there. Looking forward to trying the cottage cheese with a number of suggestions here, cherries, maple syrup etc.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals