Peaty Energy Drink (no not Red Bull)

RealNeat

It's not perfect, but it's one of the best I can find and it even has thiamine (nitrate form) which is not common in energy drinks.

It unfortunately has citric acid and agave instead of cane sugar. But it's other components and herbs feel really good and I can regularly depend on it for a mood, energy and mental clarity boost.

Can you make it yourself for much cheaper, absolutely. But this is for convenience, as it's sold at many gas stations.

ONLY this melon variety, the rest contain questionable compounds and sweeteners:

Ingredients:

Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)90mg

Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol)4mcg

Thiamin (as thiamine mononitrate)1.2mg

Riboflavin 1.3mg

Niacin (as niacinamide)16mg

Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine hydrochloride)1.7mg

Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin)9mcg

Biotin120mcg

Pantothenic acid (as d-calcium pantothenate)5mg

Herbs/ chemicals:

100mg caffeine from green tea and Yerba mate.

900mg blend:
Acetyl-L carnitine hydrochloride
α-glyceryl phosphorylcholine (α-GPC)
Panax ginseng extract (root)
Rhodiola rosea extract (root)
Green tea extract (leaves)
Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA)
Yerba mate extract (leaves)

Other ingredients: Carbonated water, Organic agave nectar, Natural flavors, Malic acid, Organic stevia leaf extract (Reb A)

Last edited:
OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

I have to say this does look awesome
It tastes pretty good. Like B vitamins, a bit bitter, with a hint of melon, tart and sweet.

Razvan

Without caffeine and or taurine in my opinion is pretty dead , especially considering that has only microdoses of vitamins.

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

Without caffeine and or taurine in my opinion is pretty dead , especially considering that has only microdoses of vitamins.
It has 100mg caffeine. Not taurine though.those are the doses Ray recommends of the B vitamins.

Last edited:

orangeUglad

When I worked at vitamin shoppe I drank that one all the time. It tastes like beer in a good way. It's delicious. Made me feel good.

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

When I worked at vitamin shoppe I drank that one all the time. It tastes like beer in a good way. It's delicious. Made me feel good.
Yeah you're right it kind of does taste a bit hoppy. Cool.

kaybb

It's not perfect, but it's one of the best I can find and it even has thiamine (nitrate form) which is not common in energy drinks.

It unfortunately has citric acid and agave instead of cane sugar. But it's other components and herbs feel really good and I can regularly depend on it for a mood, energy and mental clarity boost.

Can you make it yourself for much cheaper, absolutely. But this is for convenience, as it's sold at many gas stations.

ONLY this melon variety, the rest contain questionable compounds and sweeteners:

Ingredients:

Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)90mg

Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol)4mcg

Thiamin (as thiamine mononitrate)1.2mg

Riboflavin 1.3mg

Niacin (as niacinamide)16mg

Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine hydrochloride)1.7mg

Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin)9mcg

Biotin120mcg

Pantothenic acid (as d-calcium pantothenate)5mg

Herbs/ chemicals:

100mg caffeine from green tea and Yerba mate.

900mg blend:
Acetyl-L carnitine hydrochloride
α-glyceryl phosphorylcholine (α-GPC)
Panax ginseng extract (root)
Rhodiola rosea extract (root)
Green tea extract (leaves)
Gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA)
Yerba mate extract (leaves)

Other ingredients: Carbonated water, Organic agave nectar, Natural flavors, Malic acid, Organic stevia leaf extract (Reb A)
Is this better than Red Bull, ingredient wise?

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

Is this better than Red Bull, ingredient wise?
Considering redbull is very vague about their ingredients on the website and that it contains artificial flavors and colors, I believe this is a cleaner option.

kaybb

Considering redbull is very vague about their ingredients on the website and that it contains artificial flavors and colors, I believe this is a cleaner option.
Yes, I think the colors and flavors look the worst. It also has citric acid which RP doesn’t like .
Thanks for the cleaner option

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

Yes, I think the colors and flavors look the worst. It also has citric acid which RP doesn’t like .
Thanks for the cleaner option
Just to clarify this one also has citric acid unfortunately.

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

Consider orange juice with thiamine, niacinamide, sugar and caffeine. Thats pure energy for me.
When one has time to put it together that sounds great. I work for long hours on the road and need quick options, this recommendation is for situations like that.

OP
RealNeat

RealNeat

I found a new good one, by Dwayne Johnson of all people... but it seems they are having trouble sourcing the ones with real sugar now.. of course.. they only have the sugar free ones on the site, hope they get it back in, the normal ones are awesome except the citric acid. I found the normal ones at my local Dollar Tree, maybe they are phasing them out because sugar isn't "healthy"

Seems you can still get it (not sugar free) on Amazon.
ZOA 100 Calorie Energy Drink, Wild Orange, 16 oz. (12 Pack) - Supports Immunity, Focus, Hydration, Body & Energy -- 100% DV Vitamins C, B6 & B12 Amazon product ASIN B08PDKYPPKView: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08PDKYPPK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_gl_i_Y7KAR1AR8BKYT76G5ZRQ

B5DAC7FE-E9B8-4492-8F12-CBE6AC568640.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom