Peaty Breakfast Cereal ?

sun-maid

I know breakfast cereal are not really peaty but they really help me get more milk in.

Someone have cereal recommendation ?

Especially brand I can find in normal groceries.

mrchibbs

I know breakfast cereal are not really peaty but they really help me get more milk in.

Maybe try gluten free organic sprouted cereal, that would mitigate some of the negative aspects

Maljam

If I am short for time, I sometimes eat puffed rice cereal, chocolate puffed rice cereal (coco pops) cornflakes or sugared cornflakes. It is important to look out for fortified vitamins in cereal, especially the iron, which can be absolutely colossal.

For people living in the UK, lidl stock good quality cereal completely void of cancer inducing amounts of iron.

This one is the Peatiest I have found and I love it! It took two morning to adjust to it not being exactly my beloved Cheerios, but I like it's extra crunchiness. Not only is it made without any added vitamins, it is also sprouted! I don't like sweet cereals, but if you do put on some "Peaty" sugar! I send for it at Vitacost.com. I don't know who else sells it, as far as grocery stores go, but Vitacoat offers free shipping with a $50 minimum order!

Attachments

• 20210417_111150.jpg
    20210417_111150.jpg
    405.9 KB · Views: 105
  • 20210417_111142.jpg
    20210417_111142.jpg
    366.9 KB · Views: 100
I love this cereal, with or without a sprinkle of sugar!

Attachments

• 20211129_120210.jpg
    20211129_120210.jpg
    592.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 20211129_120351.jpg
    20211129_120351.jpg
    366.6 KB · Views: 42

JamesGatz

I like cocoa puffs - there's this version they sell in whole foods called cocoa chimps which has less iron and doesn't taste half bad but I do like cocoa puffs and the iron content is 20% which is still pretty bad to be honest but not as bad as the 40% i see in the majority of breakfast cereals

ExCarnivore

@sun-maid how have you gone with your cereal search? I'm just geting into the whole Ray Peat scene and I've been playing with cereal as a supremely easy to digest carb option, since I've had a lot of negative results for various carbs I've tried to incorporate. So far, I've been going for gluten free puffed rice cereals that have the fewest amount of things added to them.

I'm in Australia, and the two options I've settled on are Lowan Cocoa Bombs which have no added vitamins and the gluten free Kellogg's Gluten Free Coco Puffs, which only have a few B-vitamins added to them.

If you've come across some other alternative that scratched that itch, I'd be keen to know what it is.

CastorTroy

I like rye porridge for breakfast. I buy raw grains and just soak overnight and cook them, but commercial precooked flakes is another easier way.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals