"Peaty" Beta-Blockers?

Light

I've been looking throughout the forum for days now for "Peaty" substances that can function as β-adrenergic receptor antagonist (beta-blockers), but found none.
If anyone knows of one, please post it here.
Thank You.

Last edited:

Jessie

To my knowledge beta-blockers function by opposing catecholamines like adrenaline. Lowering fat oxidation will tend to do the same thing, so inhibitors of fat oxidation (like Pyrucet or Mildronate) can probably function similarly.

If you're absolutetly dead set on trying a beta-blocker, you can probably just talk to your doctor. I don't think they'd be stingy about giving someone blood pressure meds.

laleto12

God I am seriously so sick of adrenaline symptoms. Propranolol does the trick but its just masking the symptoms and I've heard that its a metabolism supressant in the long term.

I want to solve this problem naturally.

OP
Light

Light

To my knowledge beta-blockers function by opposing catecholamines like adrenaline. Lowering fat oxidation will tend to do the same thing, so inhibitors of fat oxidation (like Pyrucet or Mildronate) can probably function similarly.

If you're absolutetly dead set on trying a beta-blocker, you can probably just talk to your doctor. I don't think they'd be stingy about giving someone blood pressure meds.
I'm interested in their effect as tumor suppressors.
According to the following article, this is how the beta blocker ICI-118,551 (ICI for short) works:

"Blockage of the β2-receptor impairs the viability of HBs primary culture cells by triggering the apoptotic caspases 3 and 7 cascade. Moreover, ICI is able to halt or almost delay two main angiogenic processes such us cell migration and tube formation. Finally, and based on the idea that β-antagonists downregulate HIF signalling, we demonstrate that ICI prevents the nuclear internalization of HIF-1α in HBs and human endothelial primary cultures under hypoxic conditions."
The β2-adrenergic receptor antagonist ICI-118,551 blocks the constitutively activated HIF signalling in hemangioblastomas from von Hippel-Lindau disease | Scientific Reports

I tried to find out if other things, like lowering adrenaline directly (with Inosine) or lowering FFA (with Niacinamide) would do the same,
but I don't have an answer yet.

M

metabolizm

God I am seriously so sick of adrenaline symptoms. Propranolol does the trick but its just masking the symptoms and I've heard that its a metabolism supressant in the long term.

Caffeine can be a real problem when it comes to adrenaline. If you drink coffee, consider cutting down to see if it helps.

OP
Light

Light

Inosine worked very well for me to oppose adrenaline.
I could watch things that I found scary like horror films which I usually can't stand,
and I could watch disgusting things like surgery with no problems.
Inosine also increases metabolism.
If you consider that as solving the problem naturally, it may have potential to help you.

Jessie

Wow, I had no idea they showed tumor suppression abilities. But yeah, anything that lowers FFAs will most certainly be anti-tumor.

At least they gave you propranolol. I couldn't even convince my doctor to give me any.

My #1 hack is to maintain overnight body temperature by sleeping in very warm conditions. Like if right now I would be sleeping in shorts and a t-shirt, I'll make the extra effort to put on thick socks and long sleeves. This really really makes a difference for me the next day, especially if I do it a few days in a row.

I believe it is directly related to maintaining a higher night-time body temperature which then allows the adrenals to turn down their output because they don't need to step in for a lack of thyroid activity. This preserves pregnenolone leaving more of it for your neurosteroids and sex hormones. I am really far less jumpy and anxious the next day when I sleep like this. One of the few things that work for me really.

The trick is just to put on as much clothes as you can manage without feeling overheated - what also helps is to get a slightly cooler shower before going to bed, this way you can tolerate falling asleep in more clothing which will protect you from the temperature drop that happens overnight when you're asleep.

Caffeine can be a real problem when it comes to adrenaline. If you drink coffee, consider cutting down to see if it helps.

Signing.

Although it really depends on your metabolic state. I've been in states where I could tolerate 3 cups of coffee per day with no issues, but now it gives me uncomfortable adrenaline attacks.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals