Peating Means You Have To Replace EVERYTHING

hei

If you come to a place where you are replacing everything, you are in the same rabbit hole as mainstream medicine, i.e cut out and replace. We can see the results of long term allopathic medicine

Peat's advice about the microbiome is simplistic

He treats all bacteria as having endotoxin

Firmicutes are not gram negative and have no endotoxin. If you skew your ratio of firmicutes to bacteroidetes towards firmicutes, you can have both healthy gut bacteria as well as low endotoxin.
It seems that firmicutes are associated with obesity because they increase energy availability from food.

Perry Staltic

These are the ones I know about (so far) that produce mostly L-lactate and what I will be experimenting with. I haven't researched all of their L-lactate percents yet.

Bacillus coagulens (> 99% L-lactate)
Bacillus subtilis (~95%)
Streptococcus thermophilus (99%)
Lactobcillus rhamnosus
Bifidobacterium longum
Bifidobacterium bifidum
Bifidobacterium lactis
Bifidobacterium breve
Bifidobacterium infantis

Hard to find info on % L-lactate production for the Bifidobacterium, but I did find this:
Bifidobacterium species

Most Bifidobacterium species favor Acetate production rather then D-Lactate
but they do produce a little bit of lactate due to some carbohydrate metabolism. (Quigley, Pot, & Sanders, 2018)
  • B. Bifidum, B. Infantis, B. Longum and most commercially used Bifidobacterium species should be D-lactate free.
  • I have identified some resources stating b.breve does produce D-lacate but most report that it produces L-lacate primarily (Quigley et al., 2018) (Takahashi et. al. 2013)

Tarmander

It seems that firmicutes are associated with obesity because they increase energy availability from food.
At first, scientist thought B/F ratio was super important for obesity....but now studies have shown that the opposite ratio can show similar results

PhoenixGaia

I am sure that there are both - supplements that "break" cycles and lead to having to replace other things versus supplements that actually support these cycles and help you rebuild health via supporting multiple natural cycles. The world isn't black/white

wayney

I'm not against replacing, I know nature is far behind us at that point and it's a no return point.

I'm happy replacing what I know needs replacement.

However it seems we are triggering an endless cascade we don't even know about, and we don't master how many parameters we need to replace.

In my case it caused long lasting depression for 4 years before I figured I had SIBO and bile deficiency.
I'm wondering what else I'll find out a few years from now...
@TheBeard Have you fixed your SIBO and bile deficiency?
If that's the case - how did you fix it?

Thanks!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals