Peating for 4 years ALL carbs now giving me seb dermatitus, why?

Apple

I have alot of energy on carbs but i get inflammed face, does that work?
energy thing is kind of subjective.
maybe your body is saying that it doesn't need more energy and you should listen to it?

Eberhardt

I never was super low carb . I’ve been drinking 3 quarts to a gallon of milk before finding this forum. I never said sugar bad . I was just simply giving advice as I too noticed similar issues from upping my sugar . Heck the dude even said he was sure it was the carbs causing the inflammation and everyone just overlooks it. Could it not be possible that you can eat too much sugar ? I’ve been judging off how sweet it tastes . It seems the more I need sugar the sweeter it’ll taste . I had 3 mangos yesterday back to back; first mango was very sweet and tasty. The more I ate the mangos the less I was enjoying it and more mild the taste was getting . What I’m getting at is learn to trust your body you’ll know how much sugar you need. You’ll know when you over did it . Hence why people crave ice cream when they are stressed out or fresh out a breakup lol .
i might have missed something, mostly it was ment as general advice but I do agree with you about the taste thing. I think like a lot of people say here that self-experimentation is king. But that said it can be difficult sometimes to know if a reaction is an adjustment or an adverse. I do belive in the sweetness thing though. I practice that myself with white sugar. I used to need a lot but now a spoonful is all I need to make it "tasteless". About such a thing as too much sugar. thats hard to say as context is everything but in practice I guess there is. I seem to think that eating some protein and fat at the same time is beneficial and if Im not too mistaken thats Peat's stance too. But high sugar really is high!! (though I find I do best at about 1/3 of every macro) - but if your sugar metabolism is good it should take a couple of hundred grams of pure carb at once to make a problem. I know over at 180degree health (Matt Stones page) when it was still active, there was sugar challenges (not recomending it though) for how much sugar you could consume in an hour. I think some where up to 5000 calories from sugar in one hour and still they had only a slight spike in insulin. It show how efficient the body can become from it. Just adding perspectives here though. I do think that for most people the faulty metabolism of sugar is far more of a problem then acutally having to much at one time as you have to really force against your instincts to get much to much. I remember seeing some research presented on this forum, might have been from Haidut, showing that the first 200g of pure sucrose added to the diet did not cause ANY weightgain due to ramping metabolism. Personally I've found that having to much liquid compared to salt and glucose has been more of an issue. I think you are right about the icecream- but its worth remembering that the reason the body wants that probably is to reduce stress thus pointing at the antistress function. Now this post is gettin much too long :P

Eberhardt

energy thing is kind of subjective.
maybe your body is saying that it doesn't need more energy and you should listen to it?
From a bio-energetic point of view that is not possible. There is no such thing as having to much energy , that is like saying I have to little lack. BUT of course it could be a working strategy to think of it that way as it could be the macro combination, some specific problem affeting your carbprossessing, serotonin etc - listening to your body is anyways a good stategy, but I would try to fix the problem making it say no also, even if that includes listening

Apple

From a bio-energetic point of view that is not possible. There is no such thing as having to much energy , that is like saying I have to little lack. BUT of course it could be a working strategy to think of it that way as it could be the macro combination, some specific problem affeting your carbprossessing, serotonin etc - listening to your body is anyways a good stategy, but I would try to fix the problem making it say no also, even if that includes listening
Too much energy for what ? to do extra push up? We are not designed to be Superman.
What kind of energy? In yoga/chi gong they describe different types of energy. Too much energy will overheat the body and make you ill and bald. I guess it is more about balance than quantity

Last edited:

Chilly

i might have missed something, mostly it was ment as general advice but I do agree with you about the taste thing. I think like a lot of people say here that self-experimentation is king. But that said it can be difficult sometimes to know if a reaction is an adjustment or an adverse. I do belive in the sweetness thing though. I practice that myself with white sugar. I used to need a lot but now a spoonful is all I need to make it "tasteless". About such a thing as too much sugar. thats hard to say as context is everything but in practice I guess there is. I seem to think that eating some protein and fat at the same time is beneficial and if Im not too mistaken thats Peat's stance too. But high sugar really is high!! (though I find I do best at about 1/3 of every macro) - but if your sugar metabolism is good it should take a couple of hundred grams of pure carb at once to make a problem. I know over at 180degree health (Matt Stones page) when it was still active, there was sugar challenges (not recomending it though) for how much sugar you could consume in an hour. I think some where up to 5000 calories from sugar in one hour and still they had only a slight spike in insulin. It show how efficient the body can become from it. Just adding perspectives here though. I do think that for most people the faulty metabolism of sugar is far more of a problem then acutally having to much at one time as you have to really force against your instincts to get much to much. I remember seeing some research presented on this forum, might have been from Haidut, showing that the first 200g of pure sucrose added to the diet did not cause ANY weightgain due to ramping metabolism. Personally I've found that having to much liquid compared to salt and glucose has been more of an issue. I think you are right about the icecream- but its worth remembering that the reason the body wants that probably is to reduce stress thus pointing at the antistress function. Now this post is gettin much too long :P
Very well said! The way I see it fat and carbs are just fuels for the body. The body can adjust to burning either or. That being said fat holds more nutritional value compared to carbs while also being 2x as caloric. For that very reason fats shouldn’t be neglected as they provide large amounts of calories and fat soluble vitamins. Daily intake should consist of more fat than carbs. Hunter gatherers consists of 50%+ of calories from fat.

Chilly

Another day onwards, redness about 20% left. In that day zero sugar consumed

Carbs i can eat

Oats (too much gas)
Pasta

Been peating since 2017 with same red face/seb derm no change what so ever, these no "go slow with the carbs or whatever" ive done it for 4 years

The problem is I want the carbs but i dont want a red face, again leads to the question that no one has an answer to, whats the fix?
Oats are horrible cut that out has lots of anti-nutrients mineral leaching qualities . Same goes for pasta . Eat fruits, find a fruit you enjoy and tolerate well (I love mangos and oranges). Get your carbs from fruits they’re easy to digest . Don’t go overboard to the point of nausea with sugar/carbs but eat till you feel it’s enough . You’ll know when it’s enough . Follow the sugar cravings you get and up your fat intake .I use grass fed tallow it’s very low in pufa and very caloric dense.

OP
S

SamYo123

Oats are horrible cut that out has lots of anti-nutrients mineral leaching qualities . Same goes for pasta . Eat fruits, find a fruit you enjoy and tolerate well (I love mangos and oranges). Get your carbs from fruits they’re easy to digest . Don’t go overboard to the point of nausea with sugar/carbs but eat till you feel it’s enough . You’ll know when it’s enough . Follow the sugar cravings you get and up your fat intake .I use grass fed tallow it’s very low in pufa and very caloric dense.
You didn't read the earlier posts. Carbs except pasta and oats increase seb dermatitis, an inflammed face. Inflammation

Matt C

>Seborrhoea is recognized as an androgen-sensitive condition – that is, it is caused or aggravated by androgen sex hormones such as testosterone and dihydrotestosterone

Another one of a condition closely linked to hair loss, caused by the same underlying cause. Sugar consumption increases steroid production, of which T and especially DHT increases the tension in fascial structure. Combined with postural damage it causes inflammation to the skin or hair loss when nutrient supply is too small due to reduced circulation and fibrosis.

Cure this by systemic and topical progesterone, the most adaptive fascial modifier available, it is what allows the belly of a pregnant woman to expand without stretch marks.
Hey man can you send any more links on this topic? i think you've described something that i'm suffering with. My hair is slowly shedding and my dandruff is out of control.

A
As someone previously stated, it seems like insulin resistance. I experienced a minor bout of SD on my scalp a few years ago when I bumped up both carbs and fat. I got rid of it by increasing salt and protein, and reducing fat intake.

Salt was really the game changer though. I went from 5-7 grams per day, up to about 10 grams, and symptoms cleared up. Haven’t had an issue with it in over 2 years.
Ny change in hair?

Eberhardt

Very well said! The way I see it fat and carbs are just fuels for the body. The body can adjust to burning either or. That being said fat holds more nutritional value compared to carbs while also being 2x as caloric. For that very reason fats shouldn’t be neglected as they provide large amounts of calories and fat soluble vitamins. Daily intake should consist of more fat than carbs. Hunter gatherers consists of 50%+ of calories from fat.
Thanks for liking my long speech :) I absolutly agree (hard to argue with) about both fat and carbs simply being fuel. Protein is building material. But I think the fat carbs ratio is of? I think its close to 9 times if you go by weight with protein somewhere in the middle.

I don't think its correct to say fats have more nutritional value though. Fat soluble vitamins are vitamins not fat ;) and the same with carbs. Carbs like fat are calories but in food they come with a package of other nutrients. And how much depends of the type of food.

I agree not to ignore fats. As mentioned I do best at around 30%. But I am not sure if the argument of calories are relevant for how much you should eat of it if youbare not starving. Much of traditional eating was focused on jist getting enouhg calories. The problem which makes a lot of peat-o-sphere be a bit anti-fat is that to high fat percentage blocks carb-metabolism, thus reducing cellular energy. And the other is the sources - hard to find low PUFA fats suitable for high consumption.

When it comes to hunter gatherers (ok this is a rabbithole but anyways) its hard to say what they do. It is largely dependent on where they live. It varies from 20 to 80% from carbs, averaging about 50. But that might be scewed. For one the only comprehensive study that compares all known hunter-gatherer groups that we habe nutritional data on (about 200) which presents this number has two major problems .For one it is mainly focusing on africa southeast asia and africa and australia. Meaning most of the northern hemisphere is left out. Because of lack of info due to the soviet union. And secondly because it even if it is the most comprehensive study does not evaluate the reliability of sources so 1700s descriptions ranks the same as new studies with bloof samples and all. So eho knows. And even if such info should be available the question ia wouød it matter. We CAN live on high fat and it beats starvation any day. Is it optimal? Seems not to be so from a bio-energetic point of view due to randalls cycle and pufas. Probably a lot depends on what your relatives ate too as epigenetics now has been shown to be inheritable up to 14 generations(!) in addition to the likelyhood that a person with largely inuitt ancestry has quite different specific needs from one of say subsaharan african decent. I know I am starting to track of here but my point is that theres two levels. Individual tweeks (ancestry, health etc) and general physiological traits like fats blocking aerob energyproduction. Like cats have a genetic modification making them not go into ketosis without carbs. Because the system is the same in cats. No carbs blocks efficient energy productiom, thus they have to have an off switch for the mammalian system (randalls cycle) to not suffer as a species. Probably, like all questions on health, it can in the final analysiz be brought down to molecular level and beyond. The elements making up fatty acids and their bonds are stronger so their ability to donate electrons are more energy consuming then with simple sugars (and complex sugars which still takes more energy seen by the time it tales to break down thus causing less insulin in tests (not meaning its bad just more energyconsuming)).

(The real reason for going down rabbitholes is always to look for Jessica Rabitt (or Roger if you swing that way ))

rei

Hey man can you send any more links on this topic? i think you've described something that i'm suffering with. My hair is slowly shedding and my dandruff is out of control.
Not really, it's my theory based on tangential evidence and own experience with hair growth. I have written about it in couple hairloss threads here but people seemed dismissive as it was not MPB but uneven beard growth (and hair coarseness) that i had fixed. Regarding seb dermatitus like symptoms i only had after shaving, so it is speculation if it is universally connected.

OP
S

SamYo123

Why cant i ***t without soluble fiber? when I have soluble fiber it causes me gas, why do I have to have endotoxin in order to take a ***t?

somuch4food

Why cant i ***t without soluble fiber? when I have soluble fiber it causes me gas, why do I have to have endotoxin in order to take a ***t?
Time to widen your horizons. While Peat is against fibers, many people have success with it.

There's a protocol for autism (Nemecheck) that uses inulin, a soluble fiber, to reverse SIBO. Just so you know, that protocol also promotes Rifaximin, an antibiotic, for more advanced cases.

Soluble fibers help bind toxins from the bile to ensure they are eliminated instead of recirculated.

OP
S

SamYo123

Time to widen your horizons. While Peat is against fibers, many people have success with it.

There's a protocol for autism (Nemecheck) that uses inulin, a soluble fiber, to reverse SIBO. Just so you know, that protocol also promotes Rifaximin, an antibiotic, for more advanced cases.

Soluble fibers help bind toxins from the bile to ensure they are eliminated instead of recirculated.
The problem is when i eat oats, 8.8g of soluble fiber per 100g. my farts stink, but i can poop well

OP
S

SamYo123

Still got the problem

food im consuming and supplements ive tried

Tried different combinations of these foods too

OJ
White sugar
Coffee
Milk
Eggs
Tuna