Peating for 4 years ALL carbs now giving me seb dermatitus, why?

OP
S

SamYo123

The carbs probably make it worse, but they are not the root cause. Something is creating the conditions for carbs to become fuel for your symptoms. It could be that carbs feed some SIBO. SIBO has to be addressed, not the carbs.

Have you looked into insulin resistance? You could be having blood sugar swings. It could also be some chronic inflammation setting up the right terrain for SIBO.
How do u fix sibo without eliminating the source that feeds it?

I found this

Last edited:

GorillaHead

So personally ive always believed sebboreic dermatitis is caused by bacteria and a weak protection against it.

I say this because amoxicillin was the only thing that halted my dandruff and slowed down my hair shedding.

i have tried 50 different nutrients. Herbs. With zero success and I started thinking.

i no longer believe oral vitamin D get absorbed by the skin effectively. In fact i am really beleiving it doesnt. In fact i think only low oral doses of vitamin D are safe. And they work for calcium abroption. Both D and A are needed to create antibacterial peptide on the skin.

dopamine repairs skin barrier. This type of dermatitis is highly linked to Parkinsons disease.

so i thought to myself i know for a fact ive got all my nutrients covered. This is one thing i havent tried that i tried in the past but my nutrients werent covered.

UV exposure. I think honestly UV exposire is absolutely necessary and the dogma behind the fear mongering while justified is radical and extreme.

Literature has shown that sun exposure not only cures certain skin diseases. But also even regrew hair after sunburns and other meds in some patients.

so today i went sun tanning. We shall seee what happens. But this study here has me excited.

will be going again. Make sure if u go. Use aloe vera and get vitamin e to protect against burns. Works everytime for me.

OP
S

SamYo123

I get lots of sun still have it if I'm feeding the bacteria via carbs.

Only soluble fiber seems to reduce it. I see it reduced when I eats oats and a raw Carrott after. Boring meal without sucrose

somuch4food

How do u fix sibo without eliminating the source that feeds it?

I found this

That's a tough one. Eliminating the food source won't eliminate the bad guys in the gut, it will keep them in check and quiet until they get their food back.

Reducing overall inflammation is key to allow the body to heal and the immune system to work correctly. Chronic inflammation certainly affects the terrain promoting the bad guys.

Anything you eat affects the biome as well as your bile which can recirculate toxins and recycle hormones.

The key is to find foods and habits that you can keep up with that will positively modulate your unique situation.

My worst triggers for inflammation personally are salicylates (many fruits), carotenoids, folic acid and omega 6s.

Apple

Reduced, it depends how much sugar I have.

White rice also causes this seb derm
I guess it depends on context. You sure it was white rice? Parboiled rice can exacerbate dermatitis...

I really doubt white rice on its own can cause dermatitis , same with sugar . Unless your food sources are contaminated with mold or pesticides or arsenicum , these are the least allergenic foods on their own.
Or contaminated water ?
I'd rather check other foods on your list, especially high in vit A like milk, eggs, carrots, butter... that could accompany your rice meal
But you never know , I wish there was an excuse to switch from rice back to wheat noodles...

Last edited:

Apple

I get lots of sun still have it if I'm feeding the bacteria via carbs.

Only soluble fiber seems to reduce it. I see it reduced when I eats oats and a raw Carrott after. Boring meal without sucrose
Also adding some fats to carbs will help to keep bacteria at bay.
Sucrose with starches is not the best combination

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
So personally ive always believed sebboreic dermatitis is caused by bacteria and a weak protection against it.

I say this because amoxicillin was the only thing that halted my dandruff and slowed down my hair shedding.

i have tried 50 different nutrients. Herbs. With zero success and I started thinking.

i no longer believe oral vitamin D get absorbed by the skin effectively. In fact i am really beleiving it doesnt. In fact i think only low oral doses of vitamin D are safe. And they work for calcium abroption. Both D and A are needed to create antibacterial peptide on the skin.

dopamine repairs skin barrier. This type of dermatitis is highly linked to Parkinsons disease.

so i thought to myself i know for a fact ive got all my nutrients covered. This is one thing i havent tried that i tried in the past but my nutrients werent covered.

UV exposure. I think honestly UV exposire is absolutely necessary and the dogma behind the fear mongering while justified is radical and extreme.

Literature has shown that sun exposure not only cures certain skin diseases. But also even regrew hair after sunburns and other meds in some patients.

so today i went sun tanning. We shall seee what happens. But this study here has me excited.

will be going again. Make sure if u go. Use aloe vera and get vitamin e to protect against burns. Works everytime for me.
If possible, get light at sunrise, and grounded. The sunrise part is very important and should not be overlooked. Also, the more AM sun you get, the more it gets you ready for the mid day sun. Then the sun later in the day, heals the damage if any was incurred during the mid day sun. This article below explains it:

OP
S

SamYo123

I guess it depends on context. You sure it was white rice? Parboiled rice can exacerbate dermatitis...

I really doubt white rice on its own can cause dermatitis , same with sugar . Unless your food sources are contaminated with mold or pesticides or arsenicum , these are the least allergenic foods on their own.
Or contaminated water ?
I'd rather check other foods on your list, especially high in vit A like milk, eggs, carrots, butter... that could accompany your rice meal
But you never know , I wish there was an excuse to switch from rice back to wheat noodles...
I ate rice and my face in my cheeks get inflammed skin. I havent eaten carbs apart from oats in 24hours now and the redness is reducing

OP
S

SamYo123

That's a tough one. Eliminating the food source won't eliminate the bad guys in the gut, it will keep them in check and quiet until they get their food back.

Reducing overall inflammation is key to allow the body to heal and the immune system to work correctly. Chronic inflammation certainly affects the terrain promoting the bad guys.

Anything you eat affects the biome as well as your bile which can recirculate toxins and recycle hormones.

The key is to find foods and habits that you can keep up with that will positively modulate your unique situation.

My worst triggers for inflammation personally are salicylates (many fruits), carotenoids, folic acid and omega 6s.
Keep in mind i had this redness mildly in 2017

Motif

1l of oJ today, sides of my nose/ inner cheeks RED

The Oj and other carbs clearly increasing my levels of inflammation of an unknown reason
What about other juices ?

OJ is the worst for my dermatitis.just a few other foods can trigger it that much.
i‘d guess it’s high histamine or triggering histamine.

OP
S

SamYo123

What about other juices ?

OJ is the worst for my dermatitis.just a few other foods can trigger it that much.
i‘d guess it’s high histamine or triggering histamine.
White sugar does the same and ray said it's anti histamine.

Eberhardt

overloaded with vit A (from milk, cheese, carrots, oranges, liver)
yupp! my thoughts too. I got really strong a-hypervitaminosis from 10 years of peating. It can happen even without taking it in supplement form. I had positives but also developed this. Now I'am detoxing it. I belvie Peat might have it in reverse - it's not that problems with A comes from too low thyroid, it's just that high metabolism makes you handle everything better incuding too much vitamin A! I am now reversing the hypervitaminosis and that has made my thyroid good. Not anti-peat just anti A.

Chilly

Hey, I’m new to this forum coming from a low carb high fat diet . I’m getting seb dermatitus as well . It is the sugar as I’ve been eating liver before finding this forum and drinking raw milk along with gelatin . Only thing I’ve added recently has been lots of fruits .Try experimenting with a heavy carb day once a week to store up glycogen . Look into Vince Gironda’s carb load . People forget how inflammatory sugar. Do a elimination diet and see what carbs you can tolerate.

Eberhardt

Hey, I’m new to this forum coming from a low carb high fat diet . I’m getting seb dermatitus as well . It is the sugar as I’ve been eating liver before finding this forum and drinking raw milk along with gelatin . Only thing I’ve added recently has been lots of fruits .Try experimenting with a heavy carb day once a week to store up glycogen . Look into Vince Gironda’s carb load . People forget how inflammatory sugar. Do a elimination diet and see what carbs you can tolerate.
Not sure if this is helpful to you but the general view from a bioenergetic point of view, which is what Peat supports, is that sugar is indeed not inflammatory at all but reduces inflamation. It makes the body produce energy more effectively by making atp oxidatively instead of fermentically . that is aerob instead of anaerobe energyproduction. By making the body more efficient the stresshormones making inflamation is turned off. But it's true that if you are not used to carbs the body has impaired glucosemetabolism. In addition to other pro-metabolic mearsures slowly adding carbs back will help repair the damaged glucose metabolism. I have been through this process myself. Like getting andrenal surges after eating(carbs). Not saying all carbs are made even, just trying to highlite the underlying mechainsms. Peat favours sugars over starch mainly for digestive issues like permability (though fructose goes straight to the liver and is at least in theory better at replenishing glycogen stores).

To be very clear not saying your experience is invalid, just that there must be other issues at play as carbs themselves are anti-inflammatory. It could be digestion, psychological stress causing heightened stress-hormones, there could be hypervitaminosis, lack of certain nutrients, bacterial intestine overgrowth, you name it. Just trying to present a picture. Also it seems some people do better on sugars then starch and vise versa. Peat favours wellcooked potatoes and white rice for starch but the main thing is not eating it undercooked/al dente. SO not sure if this solves anything but it's a presentation of the general view that most Peat-inspired people would probably ascribe to, and its at least a clearification. Wish you luck.

ps. took several years before my carbtolerance was back up after lowcarb so patience. go slow.

Chilly

Not sure if this is helpful to you but the general view from a bioenergetic point of view, which is what Peat supports, is that sugar is indeed not inflammatory at all but reduces inflamation. It makes the body produce energy more effectively by making atp oxidatively instead of fermentically . that is aerob instead of anaerobe energyproduction. By making the body more efficient the stresshormones making inflamation is turned off. But it's true that if you are not used to carbs the body has impaired glucosemetabolism. In addition to other pro-metabolic mearsures slowly adding carbs back will help repair the damaged glucose metabolism. I have been through this process myself. Like getting andrenal surges after eating(carbs). Not saying all carbs are made even, just trying to highlite the underlying mechainsms. Peat favours sugars over starch mainly for digestive issues like permability (though fructose goes straight to the liver and is at least in theory better at replenishing glycogen stores).

To be very clear not saying your experience is invalid, just that there must be other issues at play as carbs themselves are anti-inflammatory. It could be digestion, psychological stress causing heightened stress-hormones, there could be hypervitaminosis, lack of certain nutrients, bacterial intestine overgrowth, you name it. Just trying to present a picture. Also it seems some people do better on sugars then starch and vise versa. Peat favours wellcooked potatoes and white rice for starch but the main thing is not eating it undercooked/al dente. SO not sure if this solves anything but it's a presentation of the general view that most Peat-inspired people would probably ascribe to, and its at least a clearification. Wish you luck.

ps. took several years before my carbtolerance was back up after lowcarb so patience. go slow.
I never was super low carb . I’ve been drinking 3 quarts to a gallon of milk before finding this forum. I never said sugar bad . I was just simply giving advice as I too noticed similar issues from upping my sugar . Heck the dude even said he was sure it was the carbs causing the inflammation and everyone just overlooks it. Could it not be possible that you can eat too much sugar ? I’ve been judging off how sweet it tastes . It seems the more I need sugar the sweeter it’ll taste . I had 3 mangos yesterday back to back; first mango was very sweet and tasty. The more I ate the mangos the less I was enjoying it and more mild the taste was getting . What I’m getting at is learn to trust your body you’ll know how much sugar you need. You’ll know when you over did it . Hence why people crave ice cream when they are stressed out or fresh out a breakup lol .

OP
S

SamYo123

Another day onwards, redness about 20% left. In that day zero sugar consumed

Carbs i can eat

Oats (too much gas)
Pasta

Been peating since 2017 with same red face/seb derm no change what so ever, these no "go slow with the carbs or whatever" ive done it for 4 years

The problem is I want the carbs but i dont want a red face, again leads to the question that no one has an answer to, whats the fix?

Apple

I think after 4 years of peating you should be able to take responsibility for what you eat and your lifestyle.
Raypeat only advises 2 quarts of milk and orange juice. White sugar can be beneficial in some difficult cases but he doesn't say directly that everyone should eat it with spoons or cups. His advice is fruits for sugar. And we know he doesn't eat starches and supplements with thyroid and drinks coffee. I heard he is not much into carrots anymore because it potentially feeds bacteria.
Anything else is just your self interpretation of his ideas and you have to figure it out yourself what works and what doesn't.

OP
S

SamYo123

I think after 4 years of peating you should be able to take responsibility for what you eat and your lifestyle.
Raypeat only advises 2 quarts of milk and orange juice. White sugar can be beneficial in some difficult cases but he doesn't say directly that everyone should eat it with spoons or cups. His advice is fruits for sugar. And we know he doesn't eat starches and supplements with thyroid and drinks coffee. I heard he is not much into carrots anymore because it potentially feeds bacteria.
Anything else is just your self interpretation of his ideas and you have to figure it out yourself what works and what doesn't.
I have alot of energy on carbs but i get inflammed face, does that work?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals