Peating And Viral Load - Personal Experiences

Nicholas

this thread reminded me of a wart i have had on my finger for at least 5 years - not really that annoying or anything...and i just looked at my hand and it's gone now. over the past few months my health improved dramatically (with some setbacks along the way). i left a mind-altering-ly stressful job. i stopped researching health (it was a source of anxiety for me). started consuming coconut oil more frequently, more magnesium in diet, careful with the calcium, more caffeine, topical K2 every day, starches over fruits. i don't consider myself "healed" as we're all just on a journey of finding health every day and our bodies are always changing their needs and preferences.

Diokine

I was actually going to make a thread on this. I had accumulated a few warts on my hands over the past few years. One in particular (I called this the motherwart) was on the tip of my index finger and very painful. Since getting metabolism in order, the motherwart has disappeared along with some others. One of them became very painful and turned black underneath the skin - same thing that happens with cryotherapy except I haven't done anything to these warts.

Before getting metabolism in order, my hands were very dry (especially around the knuckles,) and wounds did not heal very quickly and with lots of scarring.

EIRE24

I was actually going to make a thread on this. I had accumulated a few warts on my hands over the past few years. One in particular (I called this the motherwart) was on the tip of my index finger and very painful. Since getting metabolism in order, the motherwart has disappeared along with some others. One of them became very painful and turned black underneath the skin - same thing that happens with cryotherapy except I haven't done anything to these warts.

Before getting metabolism in order, my hands were very dry (especially around the knuckles,) and wounds did not heal very quickly and with lots of scarring.

My hands are very dry at the moment. My skin seems to be awful dry on my face too along with the acne. What steps did you take to fix the dryness on your hands? It may help me get rid of the dry skin on my head?

Diokine

My hands are very dry at the moment. My skin seems to be awful dry on my face too along with the acne. What steps did you take to fix the dryness on your hands? It may help me get rid of the dry skin on my head?

Dry skin is a multi factor issue. Predominately you can look at it as a bioenergetic/androgen dysfunction, and taking steps to fix those systems will go a long way in resolving skin issues. Primer

Sebum is constantly being produced in the skin, and is released in what's known as a holocrine secretion. This is a particularly damaging form of excretion that results in destruction of the cell and ejection of the cell material into the area. Depending on what makes up the sebum, this type of excretion can deposit of a lot of oxidized lipids, which is also very damaging. Sebum is very important for lubricating the skin as well as delivering fat soluble vitamins (such as vitamin E) to areas which would otherwise not be exposed to it. You will find that a common treatment modality for acne is to reduce sebum production, but I feel this is not the correct way to address the problem.

The androgen hormones are intimately involved with sebum production and maintenance. During times of chronic stress or inflammation, the bodies energy reserves are low and androgen production is limited. I have personally found that endotoxin is probably one of the main drivers of chronic inflammation and skin issues. Endotoxin (along with other inflammatory states) will impair thyroid function, limiting thyroid hormone release and also preventing the cells from using thyroid hormone. This will lower the androgenic state of the organism, if left unchecked long enough.

With this foundation, one can get a good picture of what is happening in the skin when it is very dry and prone to acne. Here are some key points

-Inflammation reduces the cells ability to make energy. This is the key issue with acne. Cells that are not properly energized cannot deal with lipid peroxidation.
-Oxidized lipids further contribute bioenergetic defecits.
-Reduced thyroid status (not just hormone levels!) will lower the bioenergetic state of the whole organism and will lead to reduced androgenic status.
-Reduced androgenic status will result in less sebum, drying the skin. The skin is now more susceptible to damage from UV (further increasing lipid oxidation and cell damage)
-This cycle continues, leading to further damage of cells and increased susceptibility to bacterial infection.

I would treat skin issues with almost the same advice for other conditions. Improve metabolic status, make sure thyroid function is optimal, improve androgenic status. Make sure the gut is in good shape. I would also recommend avoiding most soaps and almost all shampoos, as they are severe endocrine disruptors. The skin is one of the biggest endocrine glands in the body (helps with production of testosterone, vitamin D, etc.,) I stopped using soap and shampoo months ago, and I do not smell (unless of course I've been getting busy in the gym :D) My skin is the healthiest it's ever been.

As far as supplements, vitamin A will help several pathways involved in skin health. Vitamin D is very important, as well as vitamin E. You may also consider DHEA or some of the other steroid precursors. Make sure fat intake is adequate. If you can tolerate sunlight, get as much of as it you can. Be careful with excess sun if you have skin that isn't optimal, it can very damaging.

Last edited:

PakPik

Dry skin is a multi factor issue. Predominately you can look at it as a bioenergetic/androgen dysfunction, and taking steps to fix those systems will go a long way in resolving skin issues. Primer

Sebum is constantly being produced in the skin, and is released in what's known as a holocrine secretion. This is a particularly damaging form of excretion that results in destruction of the cell and ejection of the cell material into the area. Depending on what makes up the sebum, this type of excretion can deposit of a lot of oxidized lipids, which is also very damaging. Sebum is very important for lubricating the skin as well as delivering fat soluble vitamins (such as vitamin E) to areas which would otherwise not be exposed to it. You will find that a common treatment modality for acne is to reduce sebum production, but I feel this is not the correct way to address the problem.

The androgen hormones are intimately involved with sebum production and maintenance. During times of chronic stress or inflammation, the bodies energy reserves are low and androgen production is limited. I have personally found that endotoxin is probably one of the main drivers of chronic inflammation and skin issues. Endotoxin (along with other inflammatory states) will impair thyroid function, limiting thyroid hormone release and also preventing the cells from using thyroid hormone. This will lower the androgenic state of the organism, if left unchecked long enough.

With this foundation, one can get a good picture of what is happening in the skin when it is very dry and prone to acne. Here are some key points

-Inflammation reduces the cells ability to make energy. This is the key issue with acne. Cells that are not properly energized cannot deal with lipid peroxidation.
-Oxidized lipids further contribute bioenergetic defecits.
-Reduced thyroid status (not just hormone levels!) will lower the bioenergetic state of the whole organism and will lead to reduced androgenic status.
-Reduced androgenic status will result in less sebum, drying the skin. The skin is now more susceptible to damage from UV (further increasing lipid oxidation and cell damage)
-This cycle continues, leading to further damage of cells and increased susceptibility to bacterial infection.

I would treat skin issues with almost the same advice for other conditions. Improve metabolic status, make sure thyroid function is optimal, improve androgenic status. Make sure the gut is in good shape. I would also recommend avoiding most soaps and almost all shampoos, as they are severe endocrine disruptors. The skin is one of the biggest endocrine glands in the body (helps with production of testosterone, vitamin D, etc.,) I stopped using soap and shampoo months ago, and I do not smell (unless of course I've been getting busy in the gym :D) My skin is the healthiest it's ever been.

As far as supplements, vitamin A will help several pathways involved in skin health. Vitamin D is very important, as well as vitamin E. You may also consider DHEA or some of the other steroid precursors. Make sure fat intake is adequate. If you can tolerate sunlight, get as much of as it you can. Be careful with excess sun if you have skin that isn't optimal, it can very damaging.

I like the way you reason in your posts, very informative, thinking about multi factors, vicious cycles, layers of problems. Quite similar to my reasoning :)

My skin is the healthiest it's ever been.
Mine too!

Diokine

Thank you! I try to post in a way that provides knowledge about the biochemical processes, knowledge is power!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals