Peaters - Opinion On Mucuna Pruriens Supplementation?

Adrian

Very interesting, although it is not clear to me, to cook the seeds to eliminate the protease inhibitors, or to consume them raw not to destroy l-dopa, equally my interest is in balancing testosterone levels, in that case, should raw be consumed?
Thank you.

johnwester130

very meh . I used to use it lower prolactin.

p5p
zinc
vitamin E
lisuride
and taurine I feel are more direct

OP
B

bdawg

Very interesting, although it is not clear to me, to cook the seeds to eliminate the protease inhibitors, or to consume them raw not to destroy l-dopa, equally my interest is in balancing testosterone levels, in that case, should raw be consumed?
Thank you.
seed powder form should provide the validated benefits

REOSIRENS

I think raw cacao nibs is as good as Mucuna Pruriens to increase dopamine... It has PEA one of dopamine precursor

Dave Clark

It is an incredible supplement; here on reddit they warn of it's continued use:

Any long-term l-dopa/mucuna pruriens users • r/Nootropics

I've used small dosages here and there with incredible effects, but am wary of usage due to this warning.

Anyone know if it's accurate?
I have always read that it is safe. Most recommendations are similar to adoptagenic herbs, meaning that occasional breaks should be taken. I use it during the week and take the weekend off, I also do not use large doses, and I only take it in the morning. Context is important, L-dopa isn't right for everyone, you have to look at other things you are taking as well that might be agonists to dopamine, etc.

Frankdee20

Doesn’t it also contain 5htp in some amount ? I know most 5htp is sourced from Griffonia Seeds.

Jon

It may not be "peaty" but fava beans have quite a bit of L-dopa in them. There's a potential of favism from eating them but only if you're genetically inclined lol.

My guess is as long as you're not prone to favism, fava beans would be a better way get L-dopa because they're a whole food and I imagine would be assimilated better than and extract or herb.

Perhaps eating them once ever two or so weeks would be a good plan.

vulture

I’m experimenting with 2 grams of Mucuna Pruriens with 30% L Dopa supplement.
First doses felt a warmth sensation, specially on ears, I’m going out of a cold and in few days I should have more subjectives and maybe some labs

accelerator

I’m experimenting with 2 grams of Mucuna Pruriens with 30% L Dopa supplement.
First doses felt a warmth sensation, specially on ears, I’m going out of a cold and in few days I should have more subjectives and maybe some labs

How did it go?

vulture

How did it go?
So far the most noticeable thing for me (I want to try higher dosages) was that I was able to sleep even just 6 hours and not feeling shitty during the day, no way that happens before. But I wouldn’t take it at night.
So, for me, worked as an sleep aid, and feeling a bit more energy during the day. Other than that, didn’t feel anything special.