Peata's Log For Weight Loss & Misc

Oh I definitely thought I was killing my liver, I was pretty sure I had poisoned myself. I had NO idea what I was about to pass....eegads. That one day was the worst of it. Below is a partial excerpt from the Encyclopedia Brittanica in 1911:

Pharmacology and Therapeutics

Oil of turpentine (Oleum terebinthinae ) is administered internally as an anthelmintic to kill tapeworm. Applied externally it possesses, in higher degree than any of its fellows, the properties of the volatile oils. It acts as a rubefacient, an irritant and a counter-irritant. It is also an antiseptic and, in small quantities, a feeble anaesthetic. It is absorbed by the unbroken skin. The drug is largely employed as a counterirritant, the pharmacopoeial liniments being very useful applications. Such conditions as myalgia, bronchitis, "chronic rheumatism" and pleurisy are often relieved by its use. It may also be employed as a parasiticide in ringworm and similar conditions.

In large doses oil of turpentine causes purging and may induce much haemorrhage from the bowel; it should be combined with some trustworthy aperient, such as castor oil, when given as an anthelmintic. It is readily absorbed unchanged and has a marked contractile action upon the blood vessels. This gives it the rare and valuable property of a remote haemostatic, erroneously supposed to be possessed by so many useless drugs. It must not be used to check haemorrhage from the kidneys (haematuria) owing to its irritant action on those organs, but in haemoptysis (haemorrhage from the lungs) it is often an invaluable remedy. In large doses it has a depressant action on the nervous system, leading even to coma and total abolition of reflex action. The drug is excreted partly by the bronchi - which it tends to disinfect -

P.S. I think turpentine is an ingredient in Vick's VapoRub, which good for bronchitis AND I've read is also good for toenail fungus, but I can't vouch for that use as I don't have foot fungus.

If you decide to try it internally, be certain that your bowels are MOVING (no constipation or ya might feel poorly) and also your pee will smell like snarky old lady perfume:woo

OP
Peata

Peata

You mentioned Vick's Vapor Rub. My Grandpa used that as a remedy for everything. My Mom laughs when she recalls how no matter what injury or illness they had, he slapped some Vick's Vapor Rub on it. I wonder if they still use turpentine in it. I haven't had a jar of it in ages.

Yep, my grandma and mother used it for everything too...I just checked and yes indeed the turpentine is still in there.

Apparently turpentine is very anti-inflammatory....running to add Vick's to my First Aid Kit.

I heard it's good to put a dab in your nostrils if you're gonna be around people who are ill, sick or coughing....so hospitals, clinics, etc.

OP
Peata

Peata

Yep, my grandma and mother used it for everything too...I just checked and yes indeed the turpentine is still in there.

Apparently turpentine is very anti-inflammatory....running to add Vick's to my First Aid Kit.

I heard it's good to put a dab in your nostrils if you're gonna be around people who are ill, sick or coughing....so hospitals, clinics, etc.

Mom always rubbed it on our chests when we were sick and congested at night. I've also heard that rubbing it on the bottom of your feet and putting on socks will helps with a cough..?

OP
Peata

Peata

With all the talk about IBS, diarrhea, gut problems, etc that I have/had, and flukes, I'm going to go ahead and order the turpentine. I can't wait to see what comes out of me, haha. Yes, if you couldn't tell by now, I'm an odd one. ;)

Welcome to Poo Gazers Anonymous....have you ever had discomfort in your liver/gallbladder? Have you eaten lots of salads over the years?

I think really healthy people can deal with parasites quite easily, but I must have spent too many years severely hypo.

Keep yourself well hydrated and watch for snarky pee, lol.

OP
Peata

Peata

Welcome to Poo Gazers Anonymous....have you ever had discomfort in your liver/gallbladder? Have you eaten lots of salads over the years?

I think really healthy people can deal with parasites quite easily, but I must have spent too many years severely hypo.

Yeah, I had a lot of GB issues several years back. And was told I had mildly fatty liver. Salads, yes.

OP
Peata

Peata

Yep, the diarrhea is back, just like before. :toiletclaw Turpentine is ordered.

Yep, the diarrhea is back, just like before. :toiletclaw Turpentine is ordered.

Awe, I'm sorry Peata......I was hoping it was just the sugar alcohols in your protein bar.

Well, rest assured I know just how you feel and I'm quite confident the turpentine can help (I'm gonna say CURE). One reason it's so nice is that you only need to dose once or twice per week, not daily. Your guts will settle right down and you'll notice a nice clean tongue too.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Peata,

I think we should ask @thebigpeatowski if this turpentine product has a strong smell and if so use caution when inhaling it directly. This isn't from Peat but my personal word of caution on inhaling turpentine. With your history of lung issues I would be careful because of the possibility of inducing an asthma attack. When turpentine is diluted in something like Vicks it normally fine but the stronger the concentration the more likely you might irritate your breathing passages. It is anecdotal and I have only seen it twice in 19 years (once with straight tea tree essential oil) but I think that is still enough to pass along. So I would try to avoid inhaling deeply and directly from the bottle of turpentine just to be safe. Good luck with your experiment. I'm excited to hear how it goes for you.

tara

AND I've read is also good for toenail fungus, but I can't vouch for that use as I don't have foot fungus.
Ha, have vicks in cupboard, hadn't heard of it for fungus foot. :)

OP
Peata

Peata

eep yourself well hydrated and watch for snarky pee, lol.

That's my only concern, is reading how hard it can be on the kidneys.
Peata,

I think we should ask @thebigpeatowski if this turpentine product has a strong smell and if so use caution when inhaling it directly. This isn't from Peat but my personal word of caution on inhaling turpentine. With your history of lung issues I would be careful because of the possibility of inducing an asthma attack. When turpentine is diluted in something like Vicks it normally fine but the stronger the concentration the more likely you might irritate your breathing passages. It is anecdotal and I have only seen it twice in 19 years (once with straight tea tree essential oil) but I think that is still enough to pass along. So I would try to avoid inhaling deeply and directly from the bottle of turpentine just to be safe. Good luck with your experiment. I'm excited to hear how it goes for you.

I'm going to go really slow with it. I was thinking of putting it in a dropper bottle and using 2 drops in some water or something. And work up from there. I'm a little chicken to jump in with it, I guess.

Thanks, Blossom, I definitely won't do any inhaling with it.

Kyle M

I await the results with interest. Have either of you (thebigpeatowski or Peata) had a stool test for flukes, or did you self-diagnose and confirm with the stuff that came out upon turpentine treatment that looked like flukes? I'm trying to decide whether to get a prescription for a stool test from my Dr. or just try the turpentine.

That's my only concern, is reading how hard it can be on the kidneys.

I'm going to go really slow with it. I was thinking of putting it in a dropper bottle and using 2 drops in some water or something. And work up from there. I'm a little chicken to jump in with it, I guess.

Thanks, Blossom, I definitely won't do any inhaling with it.

Hello ladies...the turpentine that I have is very mild (the diamond G forest products in the link posted above from eBay), it smells quite nice...like a pine tree. It doesn't bother me at all when I sniff the bottle.

This isn't like hardware store turpentine, it's not fume-y to me at all....even more mild than Vick's VapoRub because there is no camphor or menthol...but still PLEASE DON'T INHALE IT. I mean, you aren't gonna do that right?

BUT EVEN MORE IMPORTANTLY Peata, please do NOT take drops in water!!! You need to use sugar as a carrier, it clings to the granules and disperses more evenly. Taking in water will be harsh and you'd be more likely to cough it into your lungs.

Another way that people take it is mixed in castor oil (yuck). I won't take it that way cause it sounds disgusting and unnecessary. Taking turpentine on sugar cubes is pleasant, like a pine flavored candy.

Never take more than a teaspoon.

Your kidneys will be fine.

Your liver and intestines will thank you.

I was chicken too. I started with a half teaspoon and it did nothing, so I went with the one teaspoon dose dripped onto four sugar cubes.

I await the results with interest. Have either of you (thebigpeatowski or Peata) had a stool test for flukes, or did you self-diagnose and confirm with the stuff that came out upon turpentine treatment that looked like flukes? I'm trying to decide whether to get a prescription for a stool test from my Dr. or just try the turpentine.

Hi Kyle!

I have had two stool tests in my life time and neither showed anything other than the usual bacterial dysbiosis (too much of one sort of bacteria and not enough of another), but they weren't specifically testing for flukes. Also, they were the One Day tests, not the Three Day tests that I think might be better? At any rate, I couldn't get any doc I saw to do what I would consider proper testing.

I didn't know I had flukes until I saw them come out.

OP
Peata

Peata

Hello ladies...the turpentine that I have is very mild (the diamond G forest products in the link posted above from eBay), it smells quite nice...like a pine tree. It doesn't bother me at all when I sniff the bottle.

This isn't like hardware store turpentine, it's not fume-y to me at all....even more mild than Vick's VapoRub because there is no camphor or menthol...but still PLEASE DON'T INHALE IT. I mean, you aren't gonna do that right?

BUT EVEN MORE IMPORTANTLY Peata, please do NOT take drops in water!!! You need to use sugar as a carrier, it clings to the granules and disperses more evenly. Taking in water will be harsh and you'd be more likely to cough it into your lungs.

Another way that people take it is mixed in castor oil (yuck). I won't take it that way cause it sounds disgusting and unnecessary. Taking turpentine on sugar cubes is pleasant, like a pine flavored candy.

Never take more than a teaspoon.

Your kidneys will be fine.

Your liver and intestines will thank you.

I was chicken too. I started with a half teaspoon and it did nothing, so I went with the one teaspoon dose dripped onto four sugar cubes.

I got the sugar cubes, so I'm ready. No, I never intended to inhale it.

OP
Peata

Peata

Oh, here's an indelicate question. You didn't have to dig around in the toilet looking for those things did you? I mean, could you just see them without stirring the pot, so to speak? Seems like another poster said they had to dig to find them, couldn't find them by just looking... :shock:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:toiletclaw

Kyle M

I have had two stool tests in my life time and neither showed anything other than the usual bacterial dysbiosis (too much of one sort of bacteria and not enough of another), but they weren't specifically testing for flukes. Also, they were the One Day tests, not the Three Day tests that I think might be better? At any rate, I couldn't get any doc I saw to do what I would consider proper testing.
I'm kicking myself because a few months ago I had an appointment with a new Dr., my previous one I could hardly get an appointment with, and when I explained to him my SIBO symptoms and started talking about antibiotics and breath tests he said he wanted to make sure it wasn't parasites first. He prescribed a 3 day test, and I thought that was stupid, why would it be parasites that is causing bloating? I was not confident in his idea because he didn't seem to know what SIBO was (common from Dr.'s I've spoken with) but maybe he was right. I would have just done the test anyway, even thinking it was pointless, if not for aesthetic reasons. I'm thinking of going back with my tail between my legs and asking for another RX so I can actually do the test. Does that seem worth it?

Oh, here's an indelicate question. You didn't have to dig around in the toilet looking for those things did you? I mean, could you just see them without stirring the pot, so to speak? Seems like another poster said they had to dig to find them, couldn't find them by just looking... :shock:

He he he...well, you asked for it:

I took my first dose of turpentine on December 29th, one half teaspoon ( 1/2 tsp.) soaked into one teaspoon of organic sugar. I wanted to start off slowly since I'm somewhat of a chicken. Also, I was too lazy and cheap to go purchase sugar cubes, so I just used the sugar I already have on hand. I was totally UNPREPARED for what happened next. Fair warning, it gets gross.....

I immediately liked the taste, very mild, sorta yummy sweet pine tree-ish, not bad at all. And my mouth felt SO CLEAN!!! Like it scrubbed and killed all bacteria in my mouth, I really love the way it makes my mouth feel and I decide right away that this medicinal oil is valuable just for that alone. Not much else happened the first day, so I decide to take a full dose the next day. I took one whole teaspoon soaked into a TABLESPOON of sugar. I became sort of constipated and started to feel like ****. I didn't poop at all the entire next day and I was very uncomfortable. It became real apparent why you need to keep your bowels moving. So I took extra magnesium and made an extra large carrot salad with lots of ACV, salt and MCT oil.....

The following day I took another dose and developed a very strange sensation up high in my digestive tract, not in my stomach, but just below, like in my duodenum and also to the right under my right rib cage. The feeling in my duodenum wasn't super painful, but it was uncomfortable and I felt compelled to massage the area several times a day. The feeling under my right rib cage was up high and very familiar, I'd had this sensation on occasion before....like a pinched feeling and I guessed it was my liver and gallbladder. Recall that I had an ultra sound about a year ago that showed nothing...

Naturally I was quite worried that I had poisoned myself and my liver was screaming at me, so I decided to not continue the turpentine every single day. Some people start the protocol by taking it every day for a week and then taper down, I could NOT handle that dosing schedule with this discomfort.

So I asked my body what it wanted and needed and it told me it wanted apples...apples of all things, apples and more apples. Apple juice too and apple cider vinegar. SO BIZARRE!!! I've never craved apples in my life. In fact I haven't drank apple juice since I was a very small child, reason being it nauseated me. I learned to hate apple juice when I was in elementary school, so this was VERY weird to me cuz suddenly I can't get enough of the stuff. I ended up going through six gallons of organic apple juice and ate TONS of organic apples along with a bunch of apple cider vinegar and boatloads of raw milk. The turpentine affected my appetite almost immediately and that's all I felt like eating....you may experience a radical shift in appetite, or you might not.

My bowel movements became quite small and felt inadequate, like I wasn't fully eliminating, very unsatisfactory and my head began to hurt. You need to keep that sh*t MOVING, I cannot stress this enough. My less than stellar bowel movements became progressively lighter in color.

On Friday January 8th, after much discomfort, I finally produce what feels like a complete bowel movement and naturally I'm eager to gaze upon my accomplishment with admiration and satisfaction.....except what is this? My large perfect poo log is VERY pale (like the color of a banana) which worries me, but even MORE worrisome is the strange stuff within my log. It was loaded with what looked like hundreds and hundreds of BB's, small black balls....LIKE BLACK PEPPERCORNS masses of them and LOTS OF BROWN LEAVES too. I could see them easily because my stool was so pale. It hasn't been pale since, I'm guessing that my bile ducts were temporarily blocked and I had no bile...hence the nausea and discomfort.

I know for a fact that I didn't eat anything that looked like what I was seeing in the toilet so I'm confused. In my perplexed state I feel compelled to get a closer look and go for a magnifying lens......It's just too bizarre and I can no longer resist, I reach in and pull out a "leaf" inspecting it under the magnifying lens when it suddenly dawns on me that this IS A PARASITE and there are LOTS of them!!! OMFG, I throw it back in the toilet, wash my hands and run for the computer....

Not knowing what it was I googled images for "intestinal parasites in humans". Scanning the images I finally find something that looks just like what I just pulled out of my own poop. Run back to my toilet and double check again because I'm really in disbelief...yep, that's EXACTLY what I got.

Fluke Parasites The Intestinal Human Parasite

I have also positively identified these ones in my poo a few days later, they're PINK and narrower than the "brown leaves"and have long sorta raised ridges down each side:

Echinostoma - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I learned through this process of paying very close attention that I will get a pinched sensation and the parasites would come out a day or two after the sensation, this usually is 24 to 30 hours after taking turpentine. Simple visual examination of my poop would show a certain change in texture, like an area that was inconsistent with the rest of the log that those were the areas that most likely had parasites. I only excavated those areas with a bamboo skewer a couple times and that's how I found the second type. I haven't dug around since and don't feel the need to. I saw all that I needed back in January. I saw plenty.....*shudders*

This shocking and unpleasant experience sent me on a mission and what I found out is that parasites are VERY COMMON, they've been around forever. People in the "olden days" knew to worm themselves on a regular basis, but it seems we have forgotten the importance of keeping a good intestinal balance. This could explain a lot of the food intolerances we see today...allergies too.

Kyle is lucky to have found a doctor that wants to do more thorough testing.

If a person feels compelled to have testing done, I recommend finding an excellent Parasitologist or perhaps a Tropical Disease Specialist.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals