'Peatarians'

pboy

if you look at his last post, I just read it, its nothing but gloating and has nothing of tangible value or relevance for anyone to apply in their life. Its him talking trash about other people while at the same time acting like an authority on who is or isn't one...its stupid to even comment on people like that, better to ignore them. Again, if a kid wouldn't find it fun and useful, its probably some hypertensive adult ego garbage that has no relevance to life...aka his stuff. Let him toot his own horn to his self and see how far that gets, the goal of his blog is obviously to try to get people to stroke his ego back, it obviously wasn't written for fun for himself, or to actually help people (uplift their mood and inspiration, if anything it promotes their aggressive ego)

4peatssake

Zachs said:
Interesting because many of his posts did just that, expandedy conciousness and helped me move in the direction in which I needed to go. I just don't see the egotistic attitude you guys are. Being confident in one's own ideas is something I admire in a person and putting it out there for others to jive or not jive on, even more so. I'm wholly glad there are people like Matt Stone, Ray Peat, Edward, Danny, etc ,etc who continue to share knowledge, right or wrong, even with great resistance and attacks on their character, because they feel compelled to help others.
I think that's great - for you.
My experience is completely different.

I don't want to get into personal attacks on character so I will just say that I do not consider it to be helping others when someone blogs about an experience and takes zero personal responsibility for what unfolded, choosing rather to blame the other person for their "bad experience."

I see plenty of opportunity for Edward to have assisted the barber in question and improve his experience but he chose not too in favor of blaming his bad haircut squarely on his perceived ineptitude and dishonesty of said barber.

Not helpful and not loving. And if you don't have the energies of love as your driving force, your ego is driving the bus.

:2cents

4peatssake

Such_Saturation said:
Are you guys sure that is him :ss

religion-bible_study-bible-torah-minister-preacher-mban4375_low.jpg

Zachs

He looks very Japanese, his hair is Asian hair, it would be weird for him to refer to his hair and white person hair. Either way I think it's ubsurd and silly that you would disregard and dismiss any ideas he may put forth in the future because of the way he handled a few hair cuts. I'm sure you have never in the past done something others would interpret as shameful of character...

pboy

its true though what 4peatsake said above and its often not the persons fault on a certain level. This is why I think its huge for everyone to go on a mostly fruit diet for like a few weeks...or just some time, to see how that feels and get reference. You can consider it ayurvedically as (what most people do) being rajasic, which is ego, which is all about ranking, proving, fighting, climbing, dominating, achieving and taking personal credit, being powerful in the sense of more than other people, that whole kind of thing. A diet high in anything that promotes osmotic pressure (and humans are extremely sesnetive) aggravates the mind and turns on the ego. Literally the only way I know to not have that turned on is to have like at least 50% your diet as fruit, its the only food with nutrition that isn't excessively high in phosphate, calcium, and sodium, and even nitrogen. People would be scared by the feeling they get from having the ego mind non active and perceive it as 'weak' but theres many secrets to life you will learn, and understand how nature works so harmoniously, how animals seems to be operating in a higher orchestration. The problem with the ego mind is that it creates 'goals' and finish lines and whatever you wanna call it, situations that must go a certain way or the ego takes a hit, in which case either the person feels ashamed or most often, looks to attack and blame another person or situation, and this causes aggression and pain, not to mention constipation and tension basically shutting off the sacrum and heart, so you don't feel thrilling feelings and oxytocin at all basically. 99%+ of people for all time in recorded history have lived in an ego mind state. The beauty of being in a completely non tense mode...I don't wanna spoil the magic, using cannabis enhances this if you utilize it on top of a light diet, is that when you are flowing, without expectation, using senses, feeling, life orchestrates for and around you and you find it impossible to be negative or be mean or do anything other than say and deliver uplifting energy. Everyone and everything seems to treat you better, and its because of the opposite of what the ego mind thinks it takes to generate that. The ego things it must be dominating, powerful, scary, rich, whatever...to gain respect and good vibes, but actually its the opposite...its the energy of witnessing and letting life do you, and you just move gracefully in the wonder, that is attractive, and everything and everyone sense it without realizing why. Once your mind is used to and wired that way, you can easily see when someone isn't in that state, and Edward is clearly way into the ego mind. I don't mean to make a personal attack on him its just a good example. I think pretty much everyone has a heart under their ego its just they've never felt it and its always closed off, and its pretty much all to do with diet

Zachs

pboy said:
its true though what 4peatsake said above and its often not the persons fault on a certain level. This is why I think its huge for everyone to go on a mostly fruit diet for like a few weeks...or just some time, to see how that feels and get reference. You can consider it ayurvedically as (what most people do) being rajasic, which is ego, which is all about ranking, proving, fighting, climbing, dominating, achieving and taking personal credit, being powerful in the sense of more than other people, that whole kind of thing. A diet high in anything that promotes osmotic pressure (and humans are extremely sesnetive) aggravates the mind and turns on the ego. Literally the only way I know to not have that turned on is to have like at least 50% your diet as fruit, its the only food with nutrition that isn't excessively high in phosphate, calcium, and sodium, and even nitrogen. People would be scared by the feeling they get from having the ego mind non active and perceive it as 'weak' but theres many secrets to life you will learn, and understand how nature works so harmoniously, how animals seems to be operating in a higher orchestration. The problem with the ego mind is that it creates 'goals' and finish lines and whatever you wanna call it, situations that must go a certain way or the ego takes a hit, in which case either the person feels ashamed or most often, looks to attack and blame another person or situation, and this causes aggression and pain, not to mention constipation and tension basically shutting off the sacrum and heart, so you don't feel thrilling feelings and oxytocin at all basically. 99%+ of people for all time in recorded history have lived in an ego mind state. The beauty of being in a completely non tense mode...I don't wanna spoil the magic, using cannabis enhances this if you utilize it on top of a light diet, is that when you are flowing, without expectation, using senses, feeling, life orchestrates for and around you and you find it impossible to be negative or be mean or do anything other than say and deliver uplifting energy. Everyone and everything seems to treat you better, and its because of the opposite of what the ego mind thinks it takes to generate that. The ego things it must be dominating, powerful, scary, rich, whatever...to gain respect and good vibes, but actually its the opposite...its the energy of witnessing and letting life do you, and you just move gracefully in the wonder, that is attractive, and everything and everyone sense it without realizing why. Once your mind is used to and wired that way, you can easily see when someone isn't in that state, and Edward is clearly way into the ego mind. I don't mean to make a personal attack on him its just a good example. I think pretty much everyone has a heart under their ego its just they've never felt it and its always closed off, and its pretty much all to do with diet

See I kind of find this entire post egotistical in an ironic sort of way. :D

4peatssake

Zachs said:
He looks very Japanese, his hair is Asian hair, it would be weird for him to refer to his hair and white person hair. Either way I think it's ubsurd and silly that you would disregard and dismiss any ideas he may put forth in the future because of the way he handled a few hair cuts. I'm sure you have never in the past done something others would interpret as shameful of character...
You continue to assume I base my decision to eschew Edward's blog/views upon that single post, which I do not.

I used it as an example. It doesn't appear you understand what I am saying and I don't care to expend any more of my energy on this topic.

:agree2disagree

pboy

cool dude, but you see, that's why the only option is ignore...otherwise you'll have people like the above try to pull you into their ranking ego system cycle of endless garbage

I humbly suggest you all try a mostly fruit diet for a little while and don't drink any plain water or it throws it off, but it probably aint gonna happen...some peeps are addicted to their ego which I say is a soul problem that I don't understand or know why it happens

nothing else can be said, its really as simple as this...people want a diet or info that promotes 'power', so they can then be a go getter and doer and dominater of others in life, and they all expect others to somehow divulge their info coming from that mind state, ect ect...like think about how stupid the whole thing is

you really want a diet that allows you to live and gives you capability but not 'power', inevitably that's an aggressive thing whther the person acknowledges it or not, and if yhou examine the root of the belief, life is a foreign inhospitable place where people must fight, strive fiercely...inevitably flawed for joy and peace at the core. Only a feeling of light harmony can you believe life is a beautiful art and witness and be part of and see it in its true exposed highest form.

I think you gotta want to come to this from within, so its probably useless for me to talk about it, but ill throw it out once in case

4peatssake

pboy said:
I think pretty much everyone has a heart under their ego its just they've never felt it and its always closed off, and its pretty much all to do with diet
Right. It's not about judging a person for being in a lower state of consciousness.
But I'm not about to welcome those energies into my consciousness when I am seeking to expand it.

And everyone gets to decide for themselves what raises or lowers their own individual consciousness.

Nicholas

guys, knowledge puffs up EVERYBODY. That is a cold hard fact and you can't avoid it. It does not discredit the knowledge. The only thing which can temper (not completely eliminate) ego is suffering and humbling - not hiding away your gold. Peat is much older than Edmonds and has been probably humbled quite a bit. Still, their communication styles are remarkably similar (sans a few posts or lines here and there). Even reading Peat's writings you can see the ego in places. To think that you are above or beyond 'ego' is the ultimate delusion (the highest level of egotism). you don't fool me because i know myself, too. and all humans are the same.

Zachs

You both sound very elitist right now. I do not understand the idea of dismissing someone's entire work because of preconceived ideas towards Them. And pboy if you are making statements towards someone, please direct them, I'm not really sure if you last posts were directed partly towards me, passive-aggressively or not.

Diet has little to do with conciousness, many people have attained a higher understanding and dropped ego driven mentality on diets on anything but fruit and many people are completely ego driven eating nothing but fruit. Very odd thing to equate to a fruit based diet.

4peatssake

Zachs said:
You both sound very elitist right now. I do not understand the idea of dismissing someone's entire work because of preconceived ideas towards Them. And pboy if you are making statements towards someone, please direct them, I'm not really sure if you last posts were directed partly towards me, passive-aggressively or not.

Diet has little to do with consciousness, many people have attained a higher understanding and dropped ego driven mentality on diets on anything but fruit and many people are completely ego driven eating nothing but fruit. Very odd thing to equate to a fruit based diet.
It is not elitist to make a clear choice for oneself.
You continue to argue that his work is being dismissed because of "preconceived ideas."
My choice is based on direct, personal experience just as you say is yours. And it's not anyone's business anyway. We get to do what we want.

The difference is you find it to be helpful in your life and I don't.

It makes little sense to argue about differing perception and the sense of value each individual derives from something. I don't find that particularly useful nor valuable because it just leads to useless argument like this which isn't pleasant either.

Happiness and joy in life is an inside job and one's state of consciousness is the true testament to optimal health. It is far beyond one's diet. But diet is a tremendous starting point, which Ray saw years ago as a means through which to help people choose to better their lives.

Ray Peat said:
Helping people with physical problems (such as obesity, headaches or joint or nerve pain, or named diseases) and helping people who want to understand something about the world beyond themselves, are structurally similar, but in the issues of health the questions and the potential answers are more clearly present and immediate.
Just decide if you think something is useful and helpful to you and go for it.
Take what's useful to you, and leave the rest. Help others along the way.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals