Peatarians Are Akin To Flat Earthers

mujuro

The cholesterol deniers
Ah yes, the semantic tricks of authoritarian types. Denier, a label implying that any objection or revision of the topic is just stubborn refutation of sacred and unquestionable fact. I think they have a word for that: dogma.

They say you can eat as much fat as you like and suffer no detrimental health effects

Wow, I didn’t know we said that. Cool it, everyone.

Arrade

Ah yes, the semantic tricks of authoritarian types. Denier, a label implying that any objection or revision of the topic is just stubborn refutation of sacred and unquestionable fact. I think they have a word for that: dogma.

That was an exaggerated article and not scientific at all for someone with a Phd in biology. They ended it with "eat vegan no heart disease vegan better" derp so I wouldn't take so much issue

Hugh Johnson

“The language of astroturfers and propagandists includes trademark inflammatory terms such as: anti, nutty, quack, crank, pseudo-science, debunking, conspiracy theory, deniers and junk science. Sometimes astroturfers claim to “debunk myths” that aren’t myths at all. They declare debates over that aren’t over. They claim that “everybody agrees” when everyone doesn’t agree. They aim to make you think you’re an outlier when you’re not.

Astroturfers and propagandists tend to attack and controversialize the news organizations, personalities and people surrounding an issue rather than sticking to the facts. They try to censor and silence topics and speakers rather than engage them. And most of all, they reserve all their expressed skepticism for those who expose wrongdoing rather than the wrongdoers. In other words, instead of questioning authority, they question those who question authority”

(Not mine, copied from someone else)

mujuro

instead of questioning authority, they question those who question authority

PERFECT characterization.

That was an exaggerated article and not scientific at all for someone with a Phd in biology. They ended it with "eat vegan no heart disease vegan better" derp so I wouldn't take so much issue

Yeh, it was the fact that she deployed the “denier” tactic on the cholesterol issue that really annoyed me.