Peatarian

tomisonbottom

So, I was just wondering what happend to peatatarian?
She seemed to really know her stuff...........

BingDing

I saw one reference that she wasn't going to be posting anymore, but nothing else. I thought she was very encouraging.

tomisonbottom

BingDing said:
I saw one reference that she wasn't going to be posting anymore, but nothing else. I thought she was very encouraging.

Is it because she doesn't eat RP style anymore?
Where's the reference you're referring to?
Is there any way to get a hold of her?

charlie

The Law & Order Admin
She lives her life Ray Peat style and so does her immediate family as far as I can tell. So no, that's not the reason she left. It was a personal choice for many reasons. I do hope she will come back some day though.

BingDing

tomisonbottom said:

No way, Peatarian was God's own redeemer about Ray's ideas, she understood so much about it and recovered her own health from a desparate crisis, that's out of the question.

The reference was just a mention in a thread, I never saw Peatarian's post, maybe someone else saw it.

Thanks for perking up this and that thread, I enjoy your comments. Best to Tom :P

BD

4peatssake

BingDing said:
Best to Tom :P
BD

jaa

Hope she comes back as she is a wealth of knowledge. Also, I'm dying to know how to peatarian wash the hair.

tomisonbottom

BingDing said:
tomisonbottom said:

No way, Peatarian was God's own redeemer about Ray's ideas, she understood so much about it and recovered her own health from a desparate crisis, that's out of the question.

The reference was just a mention in a thread, I never saw Peatarian's post, maybe someone else saw it.

Thanks for perking up this and that thread, I enjoy your comments. Best to Tom :P

BD

Thanks! :lol:

tomisonbottom

jaa said:
Hope she comes back as she is a wealth of knowledge. Also, I'm dying to know how to peatarian wash the hair.

Actually, I'm stopped using ANYTHING in my hair quite a while back.
It's seems more oily for a week or two and then it works wonders when your hair isn't constantly trying to compensate for the oil stripping that comes from shampoos.
I have only washed with water for about 3 or 4 months now and I love it!
So easy and cheap and healthy and simple!

jaa

I recently ended a 2mo + water only shampoo regimen. I'm going to start washing my hair weekly with baking soda as after about a week my head starts smelling a bit funky

montmorency

I hate commercial shampoos, and was looking for an alternative, and found this tip on the web:

Beat one or two eggs (depending on how long your hair is) thoroughly in a bowl, then apply to wet hair.

Rub in thoroughly, then rinse out with plain water.

I've tried this quite a few times now. (when I'm pouring it on, I catch it in a bowl, and keep pouring it on until it's all dissipated, before thoroughly rubbing in).

It does seem to leave the hair clean-feeling, and not oily. Perhaps one is getting some nutrients from the egg, but I don't know for sure.

On another tack, I recently bought some Neem soap for my skin, and happened to notice it said it was good for the hair, so I've tried washing my hair in it. I guess it works ok, but it doesn't feel as good as with just the egg. I sometimes use a combination.