Peatarian Weight Loss

F

Frama

I have listened to tons of Ray`s interviews on Youtube.
I remember that he said,
to loose weight limit the diet to:
Low fat milk, orange juice, eggs, one or two carrots per day.

What I don`t understand is how is healthy weight loss accomplished?
Isn`t all burning of body fat done via Lipolysys which is plain unhealthy?

How about weight loss via Tabata excercise. Is it healthy or a stress based method?

MrThyroid

I have listened to tons of Ray`s interviews on Youtube.
I remember that he said,
to loose weight limit the diet to:
Low fat milk, orange juice, eggs, one or two carrots per day.

What I don`t understand is how is healthy weight loss accomplished?
Isn`t all burning of body fat done via Lipolysys which is plain unhealthy?

How about weight loss via Tabata excercise. Is it healthy or a stress based method?
you can minimize the dmg which is done by bodyfat burning.
Tabata or HIIT is extremely good for bodyfat reduction but you only rely on this method for stubborn fat. In the beginning you can also loose easy fat with the diet you mention above or any diet its just must be caloriec deficit.

OP
F

Frama

I understand.
Is Tabata / HIIT anti-Thyroid for burning fat via stress hormones like in fasting mode?
As far as I understand one should not let blood sugar fall which requires frequent carb / protein meals.
Isn`t that contradictory or at least very cahllenging to a caloriec deficit?

Ulysses

I’ve been wondering the same thing, too. The closest I’ve come to an andwer was an off-hand remark that Danny Roddy made in a guest post on 180 degree health, in which he said that one can still lose weight while inhibiting lipolysis because skeleral muscles will continue burning fat for energy. This raises a lot of other questions for me about exactly what lipolysis is and what metabolic role it plays in different parts of the body, but I haven’t had much luck finding a source where I can learn about it in greater detail. Every mainstream source, of course, says that burning fat = lipolysis and the best way to lose weight is to maximize lipolysis by fasting and/or eating ketogenic macros.

MrThyroid

I’ve been wondering the same thing, too. The closest I’ve come to an andwer was an off-hand remark that Danny Roddy made in a guest post on 180 degree health, in which he said that one can still lose weight while inhibiting lipolysis because skeleral muscles will continue burning fat for energy. This raises a lot of other questions for me about exactly what lipolysis is and what metabolic role it plays in different parts of the body, but I haven’t had much luck finding a source where I can learn about it in greater detail. Every mainstream source, of course, says that burning fat = lipolysis and the best way to lose weight is to maximize lipolysis by fasting and/or eating ketogenic macros.
muscle barely burn any fat in resting state only about 40 cals per kg muscle in a DAY . This all looks completely different if you move them in physicial activity thats what really pays off in calorie burning. You muscles can also be dmged by fat burning pufa but i guess its tinier evil then organs dmg by pufa.
In my own experience and most of what i ve heard HIIT is fastest way to loose bodyfat , but it also can create the highest burden on your body. Thats why people say in the beginning you can easily loose weight by diet caloric deficit and only later on if you re like 10 % bodyfat then HIIT is a must and other stimulants like hardcore booster etc.
Bodyfatreduction can only happen via lypolisis no way but if you re body has less pufa stored then the burned fat dont harm in any way.

OP
F

Frama

Good point.
Since muscles burn fat for energy whereas the brain is supposed to burn carbs for energy one could gain muscle via a consistent low stress work out to burn body fat. But that leaves the question what Lipolys exactly is and if there is something like healthy Lipolysis.
Before I went Peatarian I have done intermet fasting and Tabata works outs at the end of the fasting period. That burns body fat so fast you can literally watch it melt away. But it compromised my metabolism which I found out via my body temperature. So that is not the right way to go.

OP
F

Frama

muscle barely burn any fat in resting state only about 40 cals per kg muscle in a DAY . This all looks completely different if you move them in physicial activity thats what really pays off in calorie burning. You muscles can also be dmged by fat burning pufa but i guess its tinier evil then organs dmg by pufa.
In my own experience and most of what i ve heard HIIT is fastest way to loose bodyfat , but it also can create the highest burden on your body. Thats why people say in the beginning you can easily loose weight by diet caloric deficit and only later on if you re like 10 % bodyfat then HIIT is a must and other stimulants like hardcore booster etc.
Bodyfatreduction can only happen via lypolisis no way but if you re body has less pufa stored then the burned fat dont harm in any way.
That could mean that PUFA depletion can be accomplished via HIIT training?

OP
F

Frama

yes ofc, BUT if you dont properly support your body it isnt worth the dmg done by pufa
How would I support my body in PUFA depletion via HITT?
Having enough B-Vitamins, enough fat-soluable Vitamins, enough calcium, more calcium than phosphor, very low dietary PUFA, up to 1500 mg Vitamin C, Vitamin E and coconut oil to mitigate Lipolysis ?

OP
F

Frama

I have asked Ray Peat via Email about the subject of this thread.
Here`s his reply:

"When your thyroid and liver function are good, the liver can cause the polyunsaturated fats to be excreted, rather than oxidized. I think walking and mild resistance exercise (squats and dumbbells) are helpful."
cleardot.gif

MrThyroid

How would I support my body in PUFA depletion via HITT?
Having enough B-Vitamins, enough fat-soluable Vitamins, enough calcium, more calcium than phosphor, very low dietary PUFA, up to 1500 mg Vitamin C, Vitamin E and coconut oil to mitigate Lipolysis ?
supporting your detoxification system like your liver kidneys etc because they must do the work.
Best way to do it eat protein high quality protein aminos with sulfuric compounds .
What have worked for me or is still working tons of coffe, liposomal glutatione, nac, selenium via supp or via brazil nut or coconut oil. Coffe glycin taurin, l-carnitine .
One day in week fasting with AC .
Also garlic, onions and brocoli. Eat one whole garlic with all gloves raw. Believe me this will extremely detox your thyroid from all crap so that he can work properly again and take the Jod.

MrThyroid

I have asked Ray Peat via Email about the subject of this thread.
Here`s his reply:

"When your thyroid and liver function are good, the liver can cause the polyunsaturated fats to be excreted, rather than oxidized. I think walking and mild resistance exercise (squats and dumbbells) are helpful."
cleardot.gif
yes WHEN the emphases is on WHEN but its not the case in 99 % of ppl. So in order to reach well functioning thyroid and liver you need start working to reach this point.

OP
F

Frama

supporting your detoxification system like your liver kidneys etc because they must do the work.
Best way to do it eat protein high quality protein aminos with sulfuric compounds .
What have worked for me or is still working tons of coffe, liposomal glutatione, nac, selenium via supp or via brazil nut or coconut oil. Coffe glycin taurin, l-carnitine .
One day in week fasting with AC .
Also garlic, onions and brocoli. Eat one whole garlic with all gloves raw. Believe me this will extremely detox your thyroid from all crap so that he can work properly again and take the Jod.
Great information!
So you are at a very low body fat percentage?

MrThyroid

Great information!
So you are at a very low body fat percentage?
yes maybe 9 % or even less and what ive learned that stress hormones arent bad at all, ONLY if they start burning the pufa then i get extremely hard headaches red spots on my skin, brain fog, no appetite, extremely cold and numb extremeties my toes become blue like raynauds syndrome. White tongue metalic taste in mouth and extreme thirst. also my pee frequence increases and my pee starts to foam extremely which i guess are the pufa metabolizes which get bio transformed in harmless compounds by liver.
So in my opinion its not worth too it loose pufas only in order to get extremely shreeded but i do it slowly and constantly and because my ego is so big...

OP
F

Frama

yes maybe 9 % or even less and what ive learned that stress hormones arent bad at all, ONLY if they start burning the pufa then i get extremely hard headaches red spots on my skin, brain fog, no appetite, extremely cold and numb extremeties my toes become blue like raynauds syndrome. White tongue metalic taste in mouth and extreme thirst. also my pee frequence increases and my pee starts to foam extremely which i guess are the pufa metabolizes which get bio transformed in harmless compounds by liver.
So in my opinion its not worth too it loose pufas only in order to get extremely shreeded but i do it slowly and constantly and because my ego is so big...
So you you think stress hormones are not bad at all? Can you explain in more detail?
I have been under 10% body fat, but since Peating I am now around 15%. Too much for my ego even though I am convinced that Peating is the way to go.

MrThyroid

So you you think stress hormones are not bad at all? Can you explain in more detail?
I have been under 10% body fat, but since Peating I am now around 15%. Too much for my ego even though I am convinced that Peating is the way to go.
stress hormones have high burden on you unless you re pufa free but nobody is 100 % pufa free. Thats why they called stress hormones only in extreme situation your body will release them because they will harm you by releasing pufas but if its save your life its worth or not ?
Your body has a set point for bodyfat % and i strongly believe that pufas play a huge role where the bodys set point is. So your body set point is maybe on 15 % which is normal. With this bodyfat % your body is happy no circulating pufas in blood. All are in fat storage and if you loose some bodyfat its no problem because you still have enough bodyfat where the pufa aka stubborn fat is stored. But if you go down to 10% whole different story you know what im trying to say im not native english speaker

OP
F

Frama

stress hormones have high burden on you unless you re pufa free but nobody is 100 % pufa free. Thats why they called stress hormones only in extreme situation your body will release them because they will harm you by releasing pufas but if its save your life its worth or not ?
Your body has a set point for bodyfat % and i strongly believe that pufas play a huge role where the bodys set point is. So your body set point is maybe on 15 % which is normal. With this bodyfat % your body is happy no circulating pufas in blood. All are in fat storage and if you loose some bodyfat its no problem because you still have enough bodyfat where the pufa aka stubborn fat is stored. But if you go down to 10% whole different story you know what im trying to say im not native english speaker
I understand what you are saying. You`re english is fine. Thanks for the explanation.
So to lower my body fat set point I need to deplete PUFAS which is done in a safe manner
by:
- caloriec deficit
- HIIT
- muscle gain

prevented that liver and thyroid functions well?

EIRE24

So what do you do to prevent the red spots on your skin and the other harmful side effects?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals