Peatarian.com Is Now BeesandButterflies.org?

you

Such_Saturation said:
gretchen said:
Curiosity, esthetics, creativity, and stimulation are necessarily and deeply linked to metabolic efficiency and structural-anatomical development

And also:

To understand our ability to know and discover, I think it's valuable to consider foolishness along with wisdom, since "knowledge" consists of both. Scientists have been notorious for opposing new discoveries, but the mental rigidity of old age is so general, and well known, that many people have believed that it was caused by the death of brain cells. Individual cells do tend to become less adaptive with aging, and metabolism generally slows down with aging, but even relatively young and mentally quick people are susceptible to losing their ability to understand new ideas.

http://boards.4chan.org/fit/ ?

/fit/ is a shithole filled with people that don't even lift, it's for shitposting and comedy, not serious discussion.

gretchen said:
This is really terrible. I knew this was going to happen; as others have said, the forum did seem to be going downhill. But to shut it down suddenly with no warning? Why? Essentially we're being condemned and now have to apologize for ourselves, which we shouldn't have to do since, in the context in which the forum either was established or had evolved, our use of it was correct: we were really doing as Peat suggested-- engaging creatively-- and though there was ongoing drama, there's no proof that anyone's health was in any way harmed by it.

To recap: Peatarian had become "too cultish". Some or many people were prone to posting "nonsense" and "drivel". The group was filled with "weeds", rule breakers, and unuseful nonconformists. Not being commited enough to faithfully establish a community of strict, protocol-following results-oriented "health seekers", we excommunicated Peatarians are encouraged to accept our punishment and be herded over to the "more active platform" RP Forum, where we can begin to see the error of our ways and accordingly, change, so as not to bring down the good name and work of Ray Peat.

Peat himself says,
Curiosity, esthetics, creativity, and stimulation are necessarily and deeply linked to metabolic efficiency and structural-anatomical development

And also:

To understand our ability to know and discover, I think it's valuable to consider foolishness along with wisdom, since "knowledge" consists of both. Scientists have been notorious for opposing new discoveries, but the mental rigidity of old age is so general, and well known, that many people have believed that it was caused by the death of brain cells. Individual cells do tend to become less adaptive with aging, and metabolism generally slows down with aging, but even relatively young and mentally quick people are susceptible to losing their ability to understand new ideas.

As an aside, it is worth noting that Ray Peat is an academic, intellectual, and scientist, not a licensed health practioner or doctor. Other groups allow debate and discussion within established lines; apparently that's what Peat followers in general think is best. Admittedly, Peatarian seemed to have a lot of troll activity, name calling, and dissent. That is what you would expect in any group that could be considered at all stimulating, and one could even argue it was thought provoking and even healthy. That every discussion isn't a straightforward, boring problem- solving scenario was refreshing.

To say we're ingrates is really far out. We who posted there contributed to what is now a priceless compendium of info for the rest of the world. To some extent, we've changed the discussion. A few years ago no one was discussing metabolism or thyroid, now everyone is. Taking the forum and our debates (irregardless of influence) away from us is an understandable disappointment.

There's no point in posting the "lower quality" ideas here because they these inquires and useless debates take away from people being able to "solve" their health issues. That's all good and well, but that means Peat's work really isn't anything more than a bunch of nutritional recommendations; just a protocol, no useless mentalizing or theorizing.

Here are a few:

I would have posted about something I just read about, the Biomat. It emits infrared light and is speculated to cure cancer. Kris Carr, the "crazy" vegan, uses one:
http://www.biomat.com/

I think it is absolutely crucial that all online health communities begin to confront the problem of EMFs and discuss things like scalar technologies, Telsa, etc. Dirty electricity is huge and it is a major reason why you won't get better regardless of how you eat.

I've started to contemplate whether sunlight is actually good for skin and prevents wrinkles, and whether sunlight avoidance is a major cause of aging (of course it is) and skin damage.

Is cancer caused by losing energy to the environment?
http://www.paleoosteo.com/when-everyone-is-an-expert/

I took this test that helped me understand myself. It made me more conscious of myself and some of my patterns:
http://qpsychics.com/center/
http://qpsychics.com/resource/profiling.html

(Peat does say you've gotta get more conscious of yourself and how you interact with your environment)

If nothing else, red light is the key factor in aging and health, NOT diet:
http://180degreehealth.com/red-light-in ... uve-heard/

“Penetrating red light is possibly the fundamental anti-stress factor for all organisms. The chronic deficiency of such light is, I think, the best explanation for the deterioration which occurs with aging.”

Is Matt Monarch, the Raw Food World guy, proof that environment trumps diet? (Ie, tons of daily light and grounding?)
(go to You Tube and watch any of their videos)

Recent advanced civilizations (Egypt, Greece, etc.) were at sea level. High altitude locations in U.S. associated with social problems; ie, drugs, crime and suicide.

So goodbye, Peatarians. Take care and try to learn not to be so rude. Read the book I'm forever referring to, A Dweller on Two Planets. Do not be ungrateful like the Suernis, but remember they understood how to not get locked in a box, something the Atlanteans couldn't seem to figure out.

Gretchen, I agree about the weeds. There was this one lady who called herself Raintree there, who posted something about black people being sub-human and that evolution was one big lie. The funniest one though, was when she said that she believed in a place called "Lemuria."

Her post here:

http://beesandbutterflies.org/53455/afr ... 524#a53524

jyb

Is there a downloadable backup for Peatarian? I like make a copy so that I can make searches offline in case the site goes extinct. The same applies to RPF, but Charlie posts backups sometimes, so that's easy.

halken

Every single thing comes down to the metabolism.

People say it's the environment; they're right.

People say it's the diet; they're right.

People say it's meditation; they're right.

People say it's interdependence; they're right.

People say it's exercise (in particular ballistic); they're right.

People say it's appropriate timed sleep; they're right.

People say it's grounding; they're right.

People say it's red light that is good for you; they're right.

People say it's blue light that is bad for you; they're wrong.

Some people say all the above is intrinsically related to one's circadian rhythm; they're right.

Some people say playing an instrument is deeply tied to one's overall health; they're right.

Every single thing mentioned above the metabolism depends on.

Singling out any particular process destabalizes the entire homeostatic organism. Everything is holistic, INCLUDING technology. We are a technological species. Our prenatal environment is painfully obvious at expressing us the natural process that is our potential agency for manipulating physical materials. It's in our nature.

you said:
Such_Saturation said:
gretchen said:

And also:

http://boards.4chan.org/fit/ ?

/fit/ is a shithole filled with people that don't even lift, it's for shitposting and comedy, not serious discussion.

It certainly will be with that approach...

gretchen

halken said:
Singling out any particular process destabalizes the entire homeostatic organism. Everything is holistic, INCLUDING technology. We are a technological species. Our prenatal environment is painfully obvious at expressing us the natural process that is our potential agency for manipulating physical materials. It's in our nature.

Technology is holistic? We're a technological species? Are you saying EMFs, excessive blue light exposure, and electric smog are good for us?

Actually, our current bodies are formatted to the effects of the Sun and magnetic resonance of the Earth. Natural energies, not fake man made ones.

halken

gretchen said:
halken said:

Technology is holistic? We're a technological species? Are you saying EMFs, excessive blue light exposure, and electric smog are good for us?

No, quite the contrary in fact. I'm saying there is a "natural" propensity for us to manipulate physical materials in our environment. It is programmed into us at the postnatal phase.

Much like the nature of the universe, we are exposed to flaws of our own invention. It takes time for us to recognize this. Our conscious mind is always in the haze of causation. We look back to move forward. It's the nature of emergence within the chaos & order paradigm (yin yang). Polarity is ubiquitous to those who are aware.

Just think how impossible it would be to find RP without the internet. Even Matt Monarch needs it in order to sustain his lifestyle.

Actually, our current bodies are formatted to the effects of the Sun and magnetic resonance of the Earth. Natural energies, not fake man made ones.

Absolutely. That is why this century will be focused on integration of things from the past. All the ignored inventors, scientists etc will be looked upon with fresh eyes from a learned perspective of the errors in our ways. RP is one of those people we look to. Buckminster Fuller is another and Neil Postman another etc.

Homeopathy will finally be recognised as the superior form of medicine etc.

Cronos and Kairos.

It all takes time.

OP
I

ilovethesea

Now the login function at Peatarian (whatever it is called now) is broken. So we can't even do private messaging through that site anymore.

Greg says

I miss peatarian's Facebook page of cool drawings and quotes. I miss Kasra.

Dan W

Yeah, I really liked the art and quotes. I did collect all the art, at least:

http://www.toxinless.com/peatarian-art.zip

And I've heard if you chant Kasra's name three times in front of a mirror, he will appear in the reflection and make fun of you.

Attachments

• peatarian-art-dino.png
    peatarian-art-dino.png
    65.8 KB · Views: 571

Sheik

I was looking through the Peatarian Email Exhchanges, and I noticed that not all the links made it onto the new page. Particularly the sources given about the Japanese being more aware than Americans about the damage done by diagnostic X-rays.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Sheik said:
I was looking through the Peatarian Email Exhchanges, and I noticed that not all the links made it onto the new page. Particularly the sources given about the Japanese being more aware than Americans about the damage done by diagnostic X-rays.
Sheik, do you mind setting up a page on the wiki with all the emails?

Nicholas

halken said:
Every single thing comes down to the metabolism.

People say it's the environment; they're right.

People say it's the diet; they're right.

People say it's meditation; they're right.

People say it's interdependence; they're right.

People say it's exercise (in particular ballistic); they're right.

People say it's appropriate timed sleep; they're right.

People say it's grounding; they're right.

People say it's red light that is good for you; they're right.

People say it's blue light that is bad for you; they're wrong.

Some people say all the above is intrinsically related to one's circadian rhythm; they're right.

Some people say playing an instrument is deeply tied to one's overall health; they're right.

Every single thing mentioned above the metabolism depends on.

thank you thank you thank you. this is the most truth that you could ever find on this forum or in any scientific literature. to "be healthy" is to understand and embrace this reality which you have described. to "be healthy" is not about your physical circumstances - it's about how you view the entire organism within the organism within the organism. If you have CFS, eczema, or are overweight (or any other malady) you are as good as healthy if you can view the world this way. Getting physically better is just the icing on the cake.

Sheik

Charlie said:
Sheik said:
I started the page. I'll add the links later.

http://wiki.raypeatforum.com/index.php/ ... _Exchanges

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Sheik said:
Charlie said:
Sheik said:
I started the page. I'll add the links later.

http://wiki.raypeatforum.com/index.php/ ... _Exchanges
:woo

Very awesome, thank you!!! :hattip

dd99

I haven't seen any other posts about this, but the peatarian.com archive is back up - and this time, as peatarian.com, rather than birds and the bees (or whatever Bruno randomly called it).

There was a lot of useful info on that forum - posters like Dewitt spring to mind, and, of course, @lindsay, @pboy and westside, among many others. Not always civil - in fact, usually not - but, like I said, a lot of useful info in amongst it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals