Peat-wise, Can Liverwurst Or Leberkase Be Substituted For Plain Liver?

amethyst

I really hate plain cooker liver. Even with butter and onions, I hate it. However, the Scandinavian in me really likes Leberkase and Liverwurst. Even pate. Can this be a good substitute for getting your Peat recommended liver requirements?

L

lollipop

I really hate plain cooker liver. Even with butter and onions, I hate it. However, the Scandinavian in me really likes Leberkase and Liverwurst. Even pate. Can this be a good substitute for getting your Peat recommended liver requirements?
I use liverwurst and it tastes amazing @amethyst!

OP
A

amethyst

So that's a Peat friendly way to get your liver? For me, just the idea of sauteed liver...ugh! :yuck:
Answering my own question, I found this on Wikipedia:

"Most liverwurst varieties are spreadable. Liverwurst usually contains pigs' or calves' livers. Other ingredients are meat (notably veal), fat, and spices including ground black pepper, marjoram, allspice, thyme, ground mustard seed, or nutmeg. Many regions in Germany have distinct recipes for liverwurst. Adding ingredients like pieces of onion or bacon to the recipe make each variety of liverwurst very important to cultural identity. For example, the Thüringer Leberwurst has a Protected Geographical Status throughout the EU. Recently, more exotic additions such as cowberries and mushrooms have gained popularity."

Ok, that sounds pretty good...it appears there's nothing in Liverwurst that is not peaty so tomorrow, off to a good german deli I go..........

Birdie

Where I live you find added pork fat. Easy to find other fillers like grains.
But I love one made with champagne and goose livers. :happy: Another was okay ingredient wise... and tasty too.

I went that route for a while, because although I love to eat calves liver cooked in butter with a little wine onions etc, I hate to prepare it.
Oh, I never buy "liver" only calves. Big difference.

But my husband is with you! I have to nudge him a lot.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals