Peat Red Light Set Up In UK

ludwig

I would like to put together a therapeutic incandescent light bulb setup.

I live in the UK. Which clear heat bulbs recommended in the EU ?

Does anyone have a recommendation for a stand ?

Thank you

jyb

It's pretty tough to get a powerful incandescent set-up in the UK, both the bulb (may need to have it shipped from abroad) and the set-up (since no one uses incandescents with high wattage, need to look for a heavy duty base yourself).

Heat bulbs, on the other hands, are easy to get. I haven't looked into a good set-up yet, however, but I think you should be able to get those big frame like for birds, that you can clip somewhere. However, heat bulbs don't offer as much of the useful wavelengths compared to incandescent and halogen.

Halogen with high-wattage can be found on specialized websites, like flood lamps. You can buy a whole set-up for rather cheap. Since halogen is close to incandescent in terms of benefits, in my opinion its a lot more interesting than heat bulbs. The one question is whether the level of UV emitted from halogen is an issue. I read that it might not be because of the glass, and indeed all those high-wattage lamps have a set-up with glass.

Keep me posted on what you find though, I'm looking to improve my set-up.

ddjd

Has anyone got a good shopping list for a peat approved set up of incandescent / led lights you can buy in the UK

dd99

I've been struggling with this, too. I'm currently using a 650nm LED red light grow board (from http://www.fastlight.co.uk/acatalog/info_597.html) while researching which incandescent, infrared or heat bulb to order.

Heatbulbs.eu has 500w incandescents, but I've not found a socket that can take more than 250w (why would conpanies bother making them so sturdy, when anything over 40w is illegal these days?). Phillips make a 250w infrared bulb (BR125, I think).

I found some brooder lamps at http://www.chicken-house.co.uk/acatalog/Pro_Lamps.html

Hope it helps! Let me know what you end up buying.

johnwester130

250W Infra Red Heat Bulb Clear Light ES E27

needs to be clear, red tinted and orange tinted block certain wavelengths apparently

Bulb Poultry Brooder

both are about 10 pounds

both can be bought off ebay UK

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals