Admin
The Law & Order Admin

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Was reading "Drawing on the right side of the brain" today and she was talking about how driving puts us into that concious(spelling? too tired to spell check) state that a lot of us are looking for, the same concious state that drawing will put you in if done correctly. Have to say, I am pretty excited about this.

kettlebell

This is great info Charlie, Thankyou.

Strangely and unfortunately driving doesn't seem to have that effect on me. My mine is racing normally. I rarely switch off even when practicing meditation (That will come I know).

Ray-Z

Ray Peat's article, "Intuitive Knowledge and Its Development," includes some great discussion of creativity. A few quotes from the article follow.

Ray Peat said:
[Natalya Bekhtereva] found that giving certain kinds of stimulation to healthy parts of the brain could stimulate the development of ways of functioning that by-passed the seizure-prone parts of the brain. Extending this, seeing that creating new patterns of nervous activity could overcome sickness, she proposed that creativity, the activation of the brain in new ways, would itself be therapeutic.

Ray Peat said:
The amazing speed with which young animals can solve problems is undoubtedly a reflection of their metabolic vigor, and it is probably partly because they haven't yet experienced the paralysis that can result from repeated or prolonged and inescapable stress.

Ray Peat said:
While chemical -- nutritional -- hormonal approaches can help to restore creativity, the work of people like Bekhtereva shows that the exercise of creativity can help to restore biochemical and physiological systems to more normal functioning. Learning new general principles or new languages can be creatively restorative.

All quotes above are from "Intuitive Knowledge and Its Development" (http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/in ... edge.shtml).

Peata

I find the right-brain- "in the zone" -meditative- in-the-flow state at times when driving, painting/drawing, playing instrument, walking, riding bike, taking shower/bath, doing chore or repetitive work where you can be on auto-pilot such as mowing grass, dishes, etc.

As long as something doesn't frustrate me about the activity and bring me out of it. For example, I could be in that zone while painting but come to a spot where I just couldn't get a part of the picture to look right. Then it became work to get it how I wanted it, and frustrating with cursing under my breath. But usually that part did not last too long, and I could move on and back into the zone again.

When this state comes over me, all sense of time falls away... and even who I am falls away -with no identity of being such and such person with such and such concerns and responsibilities... and I am just in a state of perfect being - no fears, worries.... I am just relaxed, calm, alert, happy, in the flow.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals