Peat + Old School Bodybuilding? An Experimental Quest

David90

Would love to see some pictures of your meals brother! Like a full day of eating.
Same Here. Would also be curious to see a Full Day of Eating.

Tried pullover machine today for the first time, that ***t is like magic for hitting the lats
I have never seen a Pullover Machine. I have to look it up. But it gets me Thinking about putting a Pullover Exercise in my Workout for the Lats...

Infinite

It's important to keep in mind that muscle growth often occurs after 8-10 weeks of starting a program, so "delayed" gains will still kick in.
Someone has mentioned this already, but digestive enzymes can help a lot to improve assimilation of nutrients.

What digestive enzymes do you recommend?

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Dumbell pullovers are a great and highly underrated exercise, however i put my reeves shrug after OHP
Right on, probably pretty convenient that way. Do you pinch grip conventional 45 lb plates, or use plates you can put your hands through?

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Tried pullover machine today for the first time, that ***t is like magic for hitting the lats
I bet! My gym doesn't have that machine sadly. But a very strict straight arm pullover might be similar...

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Full day of eating!

@youngsinatra @smojuv @David90

Keep in mind this is always changing...but so far this way of eating is working really well for me.

Breakfast: coffee with ~1/3 gallon raw whole milk, and kiwis or dried figs. I bring jars of milk to the coffee shop and mix onsite lol.

20210610_112217.jpg

20210610_112944.jpg

20210610_112246.jpg

Lunch: been doing oxtail recently. Very tasty, fatty, gelatinous stuff. About 1 pound.

20210609_143226_HDR.jpg

Snack: 1/3 gallon raw milk with collagen. Sometimes organic OJ too. Maybe a few more figs if not fully stuffed.

Dinner: more oxtail or dozen pastured eggs fried in butter or large block of raw cheese.

20210610_113007.jpg

Dessert: 1/3 gallon whole milk. Sometimes raw yogurt and raw honey too!

16233402410887249199575198033418.jpg

Other notes: I also eat small amounts of mushrooms, spinach, onions, or other fungi/veg whenever craving them, but that's not a daily thing!

Also @smojuv I used to 'backload' carbohydrate intake after workouts but don't anymore. I like eating fatty meals and carby snacks.

youngsinatra

Thanks man! Your diet is looking very balanced to me, although I thought you might eat more carbs to fuel your workouts, but everybody is different.

I personally feel in need of a lot of starch and lean proteins and don't crave fatty stuff at all personally, but maybe I am just born to be in "carbosis" :ss

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Thanks man! Your diet is looking very balanced to me, although I thought you might eat more carbs to fuel your workouts, but everybody is different.

I personally feel in need of a lot of starch and lean proteins and don't crave fatty stuff at all personally, but maybe I am just born to be in "carbosis" :ss
Thank you!

Yeah I've tried higher carb but haven't noticed any benefits to physique or strength. Don't crave starch at all either.

Everyone really is different as far as macro preferences! IMO part of it must be genetic.

David90

Thanks also from me, man. Diet sounds good. Although 1 L of Milk (if i calculate that correctly) with the Morning Coffee sounds a bit too much. I would go peeing all Day, if i drink that much for Breakfast....:D

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Thanks also from me, man. Diet sounds good. Although 1 L of Milk (if i calculate that correctly) with the Morning Coffee sounds a bit too much. I would go peeing all Day, if i drink that much for Breakfast....:D
No prob David!

Yeah it is a lot of liquid lol, a little more than a liter each morning...especially given the coffee's diuretic effects. Trying to get used to it.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Update on Preg/Prog/DHEA

Yesterday I was a little down, so I took larger doses of StressNon and CortiNon than normal. About 25 drops of each.

Wow! They had a noticeable sedative effect - similar to alcohol but without the energy-draining downsides. Very enjoyable.

After this experience, I'm wondering: should these substances be dosed by feel? I know some things should be. CBD's activation of the endocannabinoid system, for example, can be felt when it really kicks in.

If preg/prog/DHEA are the same way then maybe larger doses are the way to go...

Anyways, today my skin is really healthy-looking. I've always looked young for my age, but might look even younger now! lol.

I'm pretty dang thankful for Peat's work and his research into these truly youth-associated hormones.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Update on Training/Nutrition

Currently on vacation for a week visiting good friends!

At first I wondered about joining a local gym for a week, but settled on a simpler (and more fun!) routine of calisthenics and rollerblading.

Besides, until I figure out a way to eat and/or assimilate more nutrients, further muscle gain can't really happen - so why not take the week a little easier?

Calisthenics training is something like this:

10 pullups
10 pushups
9 pullups
9 pushups
8 pullups
8 pushups
7 pullups
7 pushups
6 pullups
6 pushups
5 pullups
5 pushups
4 pullups
4 pushups
3 pullups
3 pushups
2 pullups
2 pushups
1 pullup (hold)
1 pushup (hold)

Onto nutrition...I'm not really cooking anything right now, so I've modified the nutrition a little. This is about as bad as my daily diet gets!

Daily intake is something like:

Bolthouse Farms drink
Gallon of grass-fed milk
Collagen powder
Large coffee
1000 cal macadamia nuts
Chipotle burrito bowl (no/low PUFA version)
Dark chocolate
Bottle of red wine

Still taking prog/preg/DHEA, but other than that and the collagen, I brought no supplements. So far so good!

Last edited:

youngsinatra

Update on Training/Nutrition

Currently on vacation for a week visiting good friends!

At first I wondered about joining a local gym for a week, but settled on a simpler (and more fun!) routine of calisthenics and rollerblading.

Besides, until I figure out a way to eat and/or assimilate more nutrients, further muscle gain can't really happen - so why not take the week a little easier?

Calisthenics training is something like this:

10 pullups
10 pushups
9 pullups
9 pushups
8 pullups
8 pushups
7 pullups
7 pushups
6 pullups
6 pushups
5 pullups
5 pushups
4 pullups
4 pushups
3 pullups
3 pushups
2 pullups
2 pushups
1 pullup (hold)
1 pushup (hold)

Onto nutrition...I'm not really cooking anything right now, so I've modified the nutrition a little. This is about as bad as my daily diet gets!

Daily intake is something like:

Bolthouse Farms drink
Gallon of grass-fed milk
Collagen powder
Large coffee
1000 cal macadamia nuts
Chipotle burrito bowl (no/low PUFA version)
Dark chocolate
Bottle of red wine

Still taking prog/preg/DHEA, but other than that and the collagen, I brought no supplements. So far so good!
Awesome man. The diet reminds me of the many long-lived individuals that drank a lot of coffee, wine and ate a lot of chocolate. Really sounds pleasurable to me, which is so important.
Enjoy the time with your friends brother! It's highly therapeutic for the body and soul.

David90

No prob David!

Yeah it is a lot of liquid lol, a little more than a liter each morning...especially given the coffee's diuretic effects. Trying to get used to it.
Yeah. With that Milk intake in the Morning, i would be in the Toilet more often.....:lol:

But yeah, try to get used to it, and see how it goes. I drink my Coffee nowadays always with Milk. Since Summer is slowly beginning, i think about getting some Ice Cubes and making Iced Coffee's for my Late Shifts....

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Awesome man. The diet reminds me of the many long-lived individuals that drank a lot of coffee, wine and ate a lot of chocolate. Really sounds pleasurable to me, which is so important.
Enjoy the time with your friends brother! It's highly therapeutic for the body and soul.
Thanks so much brother! It was truly a blast. Very therapeutic indeed!

You know, I always realize something important about life - or my path thru it - while on vacation. Will have to do this more often.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Yeah. With that Milk intake in the Morning, i would be in the Toilet more often.....:lol:

But yeah, try to get used to it, and see how it goes. I drink my Coffee nowadays always with Milk. Since Summer is slowly beginning, i think about getting some Ice Cubes and making Iced Coffee's for my Late Shifts....
Sounds good to me David! Love iced coffees.

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Update (back to 'normal')

Got back from vacation a few days ago. Towards the end of it my diet kind of devolved into a combination of whole milk, collagen powder, and alcohol ?
As a result I dropped back down to 172 pounds. On the plus side, many good times were had and I realized some important things.

Hoping to get back to 180 pounds soon - and then stay there this time! Will be doing a mostly milk and meat diet, very similar to before. And training 5-6 days a week.

Hopefully I can bring this log back up to speed too!

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

Creatine Supplementation?

After reading a comment from @Hans about creatine being preferable to prog/preg when it comes to muscle gain, I think I'm going to try it.

Does anyone have any good creatine sources? Is regular creatine from brand XYZ good enough?

OP
OccamzRazer

OccamzRazer

High Dose CortiNon - Unexpected Effects !

During the last few days of vacation my diet and training kind of devolved into nothing, as mentioned above. I really wanted to preserve muscle mass, so I figured I'd just take way larger doses of CortiNon. Maybe 30-60 drops/day.

Noticed a few things from this that I wasn't expecting!

Strong relaxation. I'll admit that taking 30 drops of CortiNon became my fav thing to do before going to the club.

Muscle growth. Selective muscle growth, that is. Tho I lost a few pounds - and my arms seemed to shrink down a little bit - my pec muscles grew noticeably larger. And it wasn't bloating, either, but actual muscle mass! It was like my physique reshaped itself a little.

Female attraction. Okay, maybe this was just due to me being healthier-looking and more muscular than I used to be lol. But the amount of attention I got from ladies on this trip was unbelievable and unlike anything I've ever experienced in my life. Let's just say I felt like Jimmy Page in 1972, if there are any Led Zep fans here that might appreciate the reference. :):

Does anybody think that topical prog/DHEA could have a pheromone-like attractive effect?

Uselis

Hey man,

glad to see thread is still going strong!

Regards "insights" I remember study been posted here that downtime and relaxation is where "understanding" appears. Of course bottle of wine always helps to lock conclusions ha ha.

I am curious of yours and everyone else who is reading opininion on Doug McGuff Body by science method. Are you familiar with it?