Peat-friendly (or At Least Peat-aware) Doctors?

Catecholamine

Hi, I've been Peating for about 4 years now with almost no success. Peat's ideas make a lot more sense than most of the conventional wisdom, but for whatever reason, I'm not getting anywhere on my own.

Does anybody know of a way to find a Peat-aware or Peat-friendly doctor? I'm in Boston, MA, United States, if that helps. (I hope it does, I'm surrounded by doctors.)

Thanks!

J

james2388

You should know Kate Deering, Josh & Jeanne Rubin, and many other Peat Inspired Health coaches..... Don't have any faith in this conventional system, it's naive. All the doctors have their heads up their own asses. Buy the Peat Health Coaches Books. Make a lost of dietary interventions. Start walking. Donate blood. Make sure you sleep good. Etc etc. Simple stuff. Don't run a 1000$ on blood work...

orewashin

You should know Kate Deering, Josh & Jeanne Rubin, and many other Peat Inspired Health coaches..... Don't have any faith in this conventional system, it's naive. All the doctors have their heads up their own asses. Buy the Peat Health Coaches Books. Make a lost of dietary interventions. Start walking. Donate blood. Make sure you sleep good. Etc etc. Simple stuff. Don't run a 1000$ on blood work...
I have CFS, but no endos I've seen are willing to work with me unless I get on levothyroxine, and they also want to take me off liothyronine. I feel hypothyroid from levothyroxine, but none of them want to acknowledge it. I need to go about it the official way because my insurance is running out in a couple of months, and if I don't get a diagnosis, I'll be left without it. So I need to find someone who can work with me and bring me to euthyroid status with T3 alone so I can verify that I have CFS.

J

james2388

I have CFS, but no endos I've seen are willing to work with me unless I get on levothyroxine, and they also want to take me off liothyronine. I feel hypothyroid from levothyroxine, but none of them want to acknowledge it. I need to go about it the official way because my insurance is running out in a couple of months, and if I don't get a diagnosis, I'll be left without it. So I need to find someone who can work with me and bring me to euthyroid status with T3 alone so I can verify that I have CFS.

Levothyroxine (Synthroid) is a synthetic version of T4, and liothyronine (Cytomel) is a synthetic version of T3. The reason why they make you get on t4 is to bypass TSH signalling, to find out how much t3 you are actually converting from t4. That's step 1. Then you pet you liothyronine to supplement t3 levels. Step 2. If you have no doctor running labs and you jumped on t3 on your own and now you feel hypothyroid without, then what can I say you jumped the gun and the doctors are just following protocol.

You are chasing a diagnosis and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is not really going to offer much, the buck stops at thyroid abnormalities. That's the way things work, you need a diagnosis to continue a rx.

Endo's just put people on medication... You need a thyroid coach, someone to lay everything out clearly of what you need to be doing in regards to diet and simple exercise and there are peat inspired books. I hate to say it but this forum section if a place mainly for biohackers like Haidut and like to share biohacking information.

The approach you need to take is to catch up on some resources, make a list, and follow through and contact some peat inspired health coaches. You are chasing t3 and a diagnosis of CFS. That's simply not a good plan.

orewashin

Levothyroxine (Synthroid) is a synthetic version of T4, and liothyronine (Cytomel) is a synthetic version of T3. The reason why they make you get on t4 is to bypass TSH signalling, to find out how much t3 you are actually converting from t4. That's step 1. Then you pet you liothyronine to supplement t3 levels. Step 2. If you have no doctor running labs and you jumped on t3 on your own and now you feel hypothyroid without, then what can I say you jumped the gun and the doctors are just following protocol.

You are chasing a diagnosis and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is not really going to offer much, the buck stops at thyroid abnormalities. That's the way things work, you need a diagnosis to continue a rx.

Endo's just put people on medication... You need a thyroid coach, someone to lay everything out clearly of what you need to be doing in regards to diet and simple exercise and there are peat inspired books. I hate to say it but this forum section if a place mainly for biohackers like Haidut and like to share biohacking information.

The approach you need to take is to catch up on some resources, make a list, and follow through and contact some peat inspired health coaches. You are chasing t3 and a diagnosis of CFS. That's simply not a good plan.
At first, I was put on levothyroxine, and I was responding badly to it, then they did a blood test and found high TSH, high T4, and low T3, so they added T3. Later on, I found that levothyroxine had a bad effect on me even while I was taking liothyronine, so I stopped taking it.

Rx won't be the problem, but being off insurance will, and I won't be able to get it since I'm unable to hold a consistent job. I'll be off insurance permanently. Health coaches can always be done later on, so yes, chasing a diagnosis is necessary right now. I have a good case for CFS. My family is aware of how I fall into fatigue after doing work and they can testify to it.

Not to mention, it's likely that health coaches won't be able to do anything because I've been following Peat's ideas for almost a decade now and tried many different things. Having no insurance for dental work and such, oh boy, then would my health suffer. I'm not going to get insurance unless it's for a disability, and if I don't, then I'm screwed, whether a health coach can help me or not.

J

james2388

Honestly you may need to visit a psychologist, psychiatrist as well, for them to rule out depression or bipolar. CFS is not a recognized condition. Insurance is terrible. Fatigue after work, that's everyone man. Look for a driving or computer job, apply for remote telemarketing that's what disabled people do. I don't know how old you are but 0ther than that it sounds like you are going to be kicked off your parents health insurance plan soon. Maybe adderall or cyproheptadine can help.

Psychology, Psychiatry is where many people go where they can not get a direction on chronic fatigue. They can possibly help you navigate disability insurance pathways.

You are obviously not converting t4 to t3 well and a thyroid coach can get you on the right diet plan and making sure everything is done right, because it sounds like something is missing. All this is anecdotal you jumped into playing with thyroid without actually putting in the work and now you want to go on disability. Try running some basic blood labs, a full iron panel, maybe you need to donate blood.

All of this sounds like a pessimistic attitude, ask for help. Contact Josh Rubin or the other Peat Thyroid Coaches. Start tracking stuff, vitamins, minerals, calories, bowel movements, make sure you not over doing it on supplements, you need an outside pair of eyes but not the direction that you want to pursue.

orewashin

Honestly you may need to visit a psychologist, psychiatrist as well, for them to rule out depression or bipolar. CFS is not a recognized condition. Insurance is terrible. Fatigue after work, that's everyone man. Look for a driving or computer job, apply for remote telemarketing that's what disabled people do. I don't know how old you are but 0ther than that it sounds like you are going to be kicked off your parents health insurance plan soon. Maybe adderall or cyproheptadine can help.

Psychology, Psychiatry is where many people go where they can not get a direction on chronic fatigue. They can possibly help you navigate disability insurance pathways.

You are obviously not converting t4 to t3 well and a thyroid coach can get you on the right diet plan and making sure everything is done right, because it sounds like something is missing. All this is anecdotal you jumped into playing with thyroid without actually putting in the work and now you want to go on disability. Try running some basic blood labs, a full iron panel, maybe you need to donate blood.

All of this sounds like a pessimistic attitude, ask for help. Contact Josh Rubin or the other Peat Thyroid Coaches. Start tracking stuff, vitamins, minerals, calories, bowel movements, make sure you not over doing it on supplements, you need an outside pair of eyes but not the direction that you want to pursue.
What do you mean CFS isn't a recognized condition? My problem isn't "feeling tired after work", it's my muscles shutting down after using them. It's certainly not depression or bipolar, I wanted to do sports-related hobbies and simply couldn't.

I can't realistically claim depression, though I could claim ADHD. Do these people require you to take medication in order to claim disability? Can they test your brain with a pet scan or fmri to make a stronger case?

It would be a bit ridiculous though. I have a physical condition in which I become unable to move, why do I have to go through some alternate route?

Getting a job in order to get health insurance isn't something I'm willing to do. I would have to do without health insurance.

A thyroid coach can't keep me on T3, can he?

Getting testing done sounds like a good idea and I plan to get my thyroid level tested soon.

CrystalClear

How about Travis Burch? He's Peat aware, very accessible, approachable and doesn't charge an arm and a leg. Travis went for 4 years on Peat and didn't get the results he needed. Same with me. We're all on the right path with Peat imo but some of us have to go off track a bit to find what we need.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals