Peat Friendly Indian Takeaway Foods

Such_Umami

Every month or so I have an indian with my fam. I was wondering if you know of any dishes that are peat friendly.

I was thinking of vegetable korma and coconut rice/plain rice. I think korma is coconut based so hopefully doesn't have too many pufas in. Any other dishes?

DrJ

An indian place by where I used to live had a dish called "Lamb Coconut" which I guessed was okay as it was coconut milk, and I confirmed they cooked in ghee, so SFA to PUFA ratio should have been good. I think korma is your next best bet, but it's usually cream or yogurt to thicken the sauce, not coconut milk. Some of the shrimp dishes can 'pass' usually, just depending. It's probably most important though that they actually use ghee and not vegetable oil.

gaze

almost every dish from every culture is peaty if it’s not cooked with vegetable oil and doesn’t use fortified bread. For indian food my favorite is butter chicken with garlic naan and rice although if your in america the naan is usually fortified

Aymen

I guess sorghum(gluten free), ghee and honey are available in india so you may find something that is cooked with ghee or just have sorghum bread with raw honey.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals