Peat Friendly Candy For Halloween?

I live in the US (cleveland, Oh) and I was wondering if anyone knows where to get a Peat friendly candy to pass out on Halloween? I feel bad giving kids that corn syrup & additive crap they usually sell here, plus then I can have some, too. If I can't find much I might just pass out crap and get a sweet snack for myself.

L

lollipop

There are those awesome maple drops on Amazon which are simply maple syrup, sucrose syrup. They come from Canada I think, they are in individual plastic wrappers. Good stuff.

Also there are those hard candies from Whole Foods Market that are rice syrup and natural juice. They might even be available on Amazon, again individually wrapped.

loess

I gave out Haribos and cool planet stickers last year

Attachments

• halloween.jpg
    halloween.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 86
OP
zelda_the_brain
I ended up buying some fruit strips for the kiddies. I never would have thought of that. I looked at chocolate but all of it had vegetable oils in it. I was going to pick up some stickers to pass out, too, but I forgot while I was at the store. I might still get my house egged if all the kids wanted snickers bars, lol.
All great ideas here! I'm going to save this post so I know where to look online for Christmas candy. Thanks all. I love this forum so much!

HLP

Homemade marshmallows are great!!

Ingredients
  • Cooking spray or vegetable oil (enough to grease pan)(I used coconut oil instead & this is for pan prep only)
  • ½ cup plus ¼ cup water, divided (the 1/2 cup goes on the gelatin to bloom first)(the 1/4 cup is mixed with the evaporated milk to dissolve the sugar)
  • 3 tbsp. (3 packets) unflavored powdered gelatin
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • ½ cup evaporated milk
  • 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
  • 1½ cups powdered sugar (This is mixed with the arrowroot powder for dusting them so they don't all stick together.)
  • 2 tbsp. cornstarch (I used arrowroot powder instead)
Mix the 1/4 cup of water and 1/2 cup of evaporated milk in sauce pan. Add sugar and cook over low heat until dissolved. Remove from heat and combine the bloomed gelatin and vanilla in mixing bowl and whip with electric beaters on high for 10 minutes or until it forms peaks.