Peat Friendly Breakfast Cereal?

nomoreketones

What I mean by Peat friendly is the following:
  1. Quickly and fully digested starch
  2. No added Iron
  3. No added soy or PUFA source
Almost all breakfast cereals have added iron so they are immediately disqualified as options. Many granolas at whole foods have added seed or soy oil so they are not options.

It is okay if the phosphate levels are high because I will be eating the cereal with milk to the calcium to Phosphate ratio will remain good.

Anyone find a Peat friend Breakfast Cereal?

Greg says

I love cereal. I generally don't ever eat it but sometimes I let my hair down and have a few bowls of Rice Krispies. But it always messes with my bowels. Sometimes you can find addictive free in health shops. Porridge oats are ok.

OP
N

nomoreketones

Rice Kriskpies has added Iron. No good. Maybe I could take a copper supplement to balance out the iron? I don't know about that. I need to research it.

Erewhon, Crispy Brown Rice is made from brown rice. I thought that brown rice was somehow more difficult to digest than white rice. But maybe this stuff will digest quickly. I need to test it out.

I looked at quaker puffed rice and there was added iron in the ingredient list but on the nutritional label it says 2% of RDA on the label. That's a bit confusing.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Erewhon, Crispy Brown Rice is made from brown rice. I thought that brown rice was somehow more difficult to digest than white rice. But maybe this stuff will digest quickly. I need to test it out
Yeah, I always wished they would make a white rice version but then everyone else in the world seems to prefer brown rice, more fiber and whole grains.:eek:

sladerunner69

Try the "mom's best" brand chocolate rice crispies. The ignredients are rice, cocoa, and coconut oil. The best part is the only added vitamins are niacinimide, vitaimin e (mixed troco), pregnenelone, dhea, aspirin and orange juice.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Try the "mom's best" brand chocolate rice crispies. The ignredients are rice, cocoa, and coconut oil. The best part is the only added vitamins are niacinimide, vitaimin e (mixed troco), pregnenelone, dhea, aspirin and orange juice.
They are good but the dhea gave me a mustache!:lol:
Just kidding.

Jayfish

It has added iron and zinc oxide.

Environkidz, chocolate coco chimp or something like that is the best you will find. Ingredients are..

Whole Grain Corn Meal (Organic), Corn Meal (Organic), Cane Sugar (Organic), Fair Traded Cocoa (Organic), Natural Flavor, Sea Salt, (Organic).

sladerunner69

It has added iron and zinc oxide.

Environkidz, chocolate coco chimp or something like that is the best you will find. Ingredients are..

Whole Grain Corn Meal (Organic), Corn Meal (Organic), Cane Sugar (Organic), Fair Traded Cocoa (Organic), Natural Flavor, Sea Salt, (Organic).

This community and I seem to agree that corn is far inferior to rice. Rice is somewhat easier for the stomach to absorb, corn is mostly absorbed in the intestines and increases endotoxin too much... I would claim a small amount of iron isn't too much of a concern as long as you are keeping your daily intake in sight.

Jayfish

I would say that the forms of added iron and zinc are worse for endotoxin but I guess there is no such thing as a peat approved cereal.

OP
N

nomoreketones

I just took a walk to my local health food store and found Nature's Path puffed brown rice. The only ingredient on the label is rice. How sweet is that?

500 Calories worth of puffed rice costs $2.29. A little bit pricy compared to normal cereal but not so bad.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I just took a walk to my local health food store and found Nature's Path puffed brown rice. The only ingredient on the label is rice. How sweet is that?

500 Calories worth of puffed rice costs $2.29. A little bit pricy compared to normal cereal but not so bad.
Great find! I'll have to look for that one. Isn't it strange how the simplest packaged foods with the least additives always seems to be the most expensive?

OP
N

nomoreketones

Great find! I'll have to look for that one. Isn't it strange how the simplest packaged foods with the least additives always seems to be the most expensive?

Yes, absolutely. What is even stranger is most of the packaged food in health food stores and whole foods has artificial ingredients of one kind or another.

OP
N

nomoreketones

I looked through the Cereal at whole foods. The cheapest cereal that is wheat free and no added iron is Morning O's 365 brand.

$3.99 for 1560 calories.

Ingredients:
Whole grain Oat Four
Whole grain Rice Flour
Cane Sugar
Sea Salt
Calcium Carbonate
Mixed Tocopherols.

Problem is that it has 0.5g of PUFA per serving which is 7.5 g per 156o calories. I remember reading or seeing something where ray peat thinks you should keep it to 2 grams per 2500 calories or something like that. No good.

I bought two boxes before I noticed the PUFA.