Peat Foods with K2

Brian

If you believe this graph from the Weston Price Foundation, a half pound of goose liver paste would get you about 1 mg. Yeah, that's not gonna happen.

http://www.westonaprice.org/health-topi ... lved/#fig4

Beef liver, butter, and eggs are the next highest but you still can't eat them in high enough quantities every day to get any where near even 1 mg.

To me this suggests that mammals evolved getting K2 from converting K1 from large volumes of plant sources by fermentation and in the organs. This isn't too likely to happen flawlessly at a high rate for modern humans that are already in a compromised state. Luckily K supplementation is cheap and easy in order to reach very high therapeutic levels.

jyb

Brian said:
To me this suggests that mammals evolved getting K2 from converting K1 from large volumes of plant sources by fermentation and in the organs. This isn't too likely to happen flawlessly at a high rate for modern humans that are already in a compromised state. Luckily K supplementation is cheap and easy in order to reach very high therapeutic levels.

For therapeutic levels yes, impossible by food I think. For maintenance, 1mg is a lot, not sure if you'd get there with liver meat but almost.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

What would be the best and most affordable k2 supplement?

Brian

The cheapest high dose solution I'm aware of is Relentless Improvement K2. It has 90, 15 mg K2 Mk4 pills for about 32 dollars.

That's about half as cheap as Thorne K2 drops, but the advantage with these is that you can change your dose in 1 mg increments.

But if you aren't trying to do some intensive therapy then maybe Life Extension Super K or Vitacost Ultra K2 complex would be a better fit. They have a combination of 1mg K1, 1mg K2 Mk4, and 0.1 mg K2 Mk7. Some have noticed excellent teeth mineralization with these plus adequate Vitamin A and D.

The effectiveness of K2 is highly influenced by your blood levels of Vitamin A retinol and Vitamin D, so it's important to make sure they are adequate or else I think you would be wasting the high dose K2.

I haven't tried Estroban, but it seems like the easiest way to have all these vitamins in the blood at good levels at the same time.

Nicholas

in theory: gouda, parm, greek yogurt, and raw milk
i believe these would have the highest amount of K2 of any "Peat foods"
i think even pasteurized milk doesn't destroy k2

milk_lover

I had bad experience with mk-7 derived from fermented natto. Maybe in the future I will try mk-4. Eggs, liver, cheese, & milk have varying amounts of vitamin K2, not large quantities though.

montmorency

milk_lover said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/95467/ I had bad experience with mk-7 derived from fermented natto. Maybe in the future I will try mk-4. Eggs, liver, cheese, & milk have varying amounts of vitamin K2, not large quantities though.

If you don't mind my asking, what sort of bad experience?

BTW, I thought any hard cheese had some - don't know how much - and hard cheese from unpasteurised milk should be pretty good.

Sauerkraut has some, but I don't know what Ray thinks about it. Wonder what he thinks about natto itself?

Last edited by a moderator:

BingDing

Sauerkraut is cabbage, RP thinks all of the cabbage family inhibits thyroid. Broccoli and Cauliflower included. I keep a jar of sauerkrout on hand for unexpected "thyroid storms", on the advice of Peatarian years back. I needed it when I got my Cynoplus. I didn't know it was three times stronger than 1 grain Armour, which I was using. A half hour after doing a Cynoplus I was sweating, couldn't quite catch my breath, and feeling like s***. It took three bowls of sauerkrout and about an hour but I was fine. Acute hyperthyroidism is some kind of miserable.

pboy

BingDing said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/96640/ Sauerkraut is cabbage, RP thinks all of the cabbage family inhibits thyroid. Broccoli and Cauliflower included. I keep a jar of sauerkrout on hand for unexpected "thyroid storms", on the advice of Peatarian years back. I needed it when I got my Cynoplus. I didn't know it was three times stronger than 1 grain Armour, which I was using. A half hour after doing a Cynoplus I was sweating, couldn't quite catch my breath, and feeling like s***. It took three bowls of sauerkrout and about an hour but I was fine. Acute hyperthyroidism is some kind of miserable.

that wasn't acute hyperthyroidism then, because you can breath fine when you're hyperthyroid, and its not unpleasant its like a stimulating good feeling, almost uncontrollable drive for action and interaction...not a feeling of ***t, probly the salty sourkraut helped cause of the hypertonicity of it stopping some kind of stress reaction, likely excess fluid based on what you sayin

pboy

I actually don't eat bologna, so this cannot be true

sorry to burst your bubble with what I said, I was honestly giving advice and didn't realize you hated me

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
pboy said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/96641/ that wasn't acute hyperthyroidism then, because you can breath fine when you're hyperthyroid, and its not unpleasant its like a stimulating good feeling, almost uncontrollable drive for action and interaction...not a feeling of s***, probly the salty sourkraut helped cause of the hypertonicity of it stopping some kind of stress reaction, likely excess fluid based on what you sayin
I went through intense hyperthyroidism for 48 hours. Temp around 102, pulse 120 and above. It's a very intense feeling that would and does, send many people to the hospital.

Last edited:

dd99

Vitamin K2- mk-4 vs mk-7, did any work for you?

I found a great summary - apparently using all the available research - of the K content of foods here.
Here are some highlights:

Attachments

• vitamin-k-in-animal-products-19.jpg
    vitamin-k-in-animal-products-19.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 661
  • vitamin-k-in-animal-products-24.jpg
    vitamin-k-in-animal-products-24.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 668
  • vitamin-k-in-animal-products-32.jpg
    vitamin-k-in-animal-products-32.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 670

milk_lover

montmorency said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/96616/
milk_lover said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/95467/ I had bad experience with mk-7 derived from fermented natto. Maybe in the future I will try mk-4. Eggs, liver, cheese, & milk have varying amounts of vitamin K2, not large quantities though.

If you don't mind my asking, what sort of bad experience?

BTW, I thought any hard cheese had some - don't know how much - and hard cheese from unpasteurised milk should be pretty good.

Sauerkraut has some, but I don't know what Ray thinks about it. Wonder what he thinks about natto itself?
I got very dry skin.. I was so dehydrated.. I got increased sudden appetite for milk. I was drinking it in gallons! I am guessing the Mk-7 is doing something to my calcium level in the blood.. I felt nervous and awake and I had insomnia. My skin was just awful from it. I don't know if it was an allergenic reaction to natto. My dark circles were worse than ever..