Peat & Crohn disease

Samuel

Hi all.
First: sorry for my not perfect english.
Second: what about Peat diet and crohn? I have crohn from ten years, I'm 37 years old.
I would try Peat diet for crohn and my anxiety too. But, I think, food like orange juice can irritate my bowel... And what about milk? I'm afraid for my inflamed bowel...
Can you help me about?
Thank you!
Samuel

nwo2012

Samuel said:
Hi all.
First: sorry for my not perfect english.
Second: what about Peat diet and crohn? I have crohn from ten years, I'm 37 years old.
I would try Peat diet for crohn and my anxiety too. But, I think, food like orange juice can irritate my bowel... And what about milk? I'm afraid for my inflamed bowel...
Can you help me about?
Thank you!
Samuel

The average diet most people with Crohns consume is very inflammatory and I do not think you would have issues with a Peat diet but you should really start out consuming things like milk and orange juice on the lower end in terms of amounts until you adapt.

You will benefit immensely from the potato protein soup and also the grated carrot salad (coconut oil and vinegar). Also the aspirin will help with the bowel inflammation. As your thyroid and bowel improve you will be able to safely increase the amounts of milk and OJ. Just start out slow. I think ultimately Crohns is curable and the Peat 'diet' is definitely the way. Crohns and other autoimmune diseases are strongly linked to an under-performing thyroid as well as food allergies.

OP
S

Samuel

And what about diary?
Can you write a simple exemple about a day? Breakfast, dinner, launch?
I can't eat only potatoes :)
Thank you very much!

Jellyfish

Samuel said:
And what about diary?
Can you write a simple exemple about a day? Breakfast, dinner, launch?
I can't eat only potatoes :)
Thank you very much!

I think cheese is ok if you tolerate it. Fruit should be ripe or cooked. If you want to eat vegetables, it should be cooked except carrot. Keep a food journal to see which food cause reactions. Gelatin is beneficial, but make sure it is properly dissolved so it does not feed bacteria.